Lights, Camera, Action! Announcing Hollywood Burbank for P3Dv4+

11 hours ago, Tarval said:

OMG! What I see coming is fantastic to improve the Orbx Souhtern California !!!!
But ask that you have V. 4.4 .... minimum.

System Requirements

Minimum

Physically based rendering (PBR) requires Prepar3D Version 4.4 and above.

How can I know which version 4 .... do I have? ... I hope your help, please !!!

Also if you go the the Lockheed Martin P3D site where you purchased P3Dv4.x you will see the latest download available in your downloads section.   The latest one with a HotFix was v 4.5.14.34698  You can compare that number version with the one you found in the Help menu.

4 hours ago, Badl4ndz said:

@Jarrad Marshall Your coverage map pinpoints "Six Flags Park". I've flown up to Six Flags Magic Mountain and found it to be just flat photoscenery. Should this be?

Good catch - this feature was dropped at the last minute due to time constraints (ie after the map artwork was made and posted), but is marked for inclusion in a service pack. 

Cheers,

I am very sad because my version is 4.3.29.25520. I ask ... do I have no chance to install it? ... and in your experience I should upgrade it because otherwise I will not be able to use it.

I thank you in advance for your advice.

2 hours ago, Tarval said:

I am very sad because my version is 4.3.29.25520. I ask ... do I have no chance to install it? ... and in your experience I should upgrade it because otherwise I will not be able to use it.

It would be a good idea to update your v4 to the latest version regardless, as there have been many major improvements to the core sim and performance since v4.3. From an addon scenery or aircraft point of view, the biggest issues you are likely to run into using your old version relate to:

• PBR - any aircraft/scenery that use PBR will not display textures correctly when using older versions (PMDG also talk about this issue here)
  • Airport elevation issues - the way airport flattens/altitude adjustments work was fundamentally changed late last year. Using an older version of P3D will mean that some new airports may not display runways/ground details correctly. 

Cheers,

11 hours ago, Tarval said:

I would not hesitate in upgrading as V5 is outstanding in terms of frame rates and look.  There will be a bit of pain as other add ons catch up but  you will find v4 will date very quickly now.

I am so happy with v5 I have deleted v4.5 and I wont be going back, its like going back to FSX now.

Archived