V5 Scenery Looks Blurry

Flying around 15000 feet in a carenado phenom 300, taken off and everything else looks fine, Yet as hour into flying Orbx and scenery Looks darn blurry. 

sasasasa.thumb.PNG.d171faff78401d4be31513213fdaebfc.PNG

So missing something to why, it;s like loading slowwwwwwwww

Looks damn bad, yet getting like 30FPS 2.3gb Vram, GPU 30%    I was getting allot of this in FSX but my PC was using for more resouces and now less with better FPS and still doing it. 

i7 3930K 3.8ghz can boost to 4ghz

1660TI clocked at 1890mhz 

Sim on SSD 1tb with Scenery on the drive

16gb 1866

Trying to get the best balance and setting. Had affinityMask=1364 but then chnaged it to affinityMask=o and then did a flight and seems to dealt with it. Yet not what I was expecting. 

starting up and taking off is all good but as I fly longer the more it looks blurry and to the point that it's not loading up. any good idea configs that I should add? Is it normal to have CPU working high, like 60% to 80%

When I had affinityMask=1364 CPU was around 50% eith affinityMask=0 is alover the place to max 80% even at 90% 

asasasa.PNG

sasasasa.PNG

18 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Did you run "sync simulator" once?

Yes, did that allot even for FSX, I have run P3D for a good amount of time without anything else installed. Sooooo. 

23 minutes ago, bvdboomen said:

Try Anisotropic 16x for texture filtering. See if that helps.

will that make it even worse? like I mention I spawn at a airport and takeoff with everything looks damn good. about a hour or more into the flight things just gets blurry and no loading as fast, then time I land all of the Scenery and even the airport are pixelated and blurry and it doesn't even load, the CPU usage is max to 40% to 50%, with affinityMask=1364. 

DOes everyone CPU work overtime here? like 80% or more. By setting affinityMask, it does help in away but then maybe it doesn't. maybe needs to be set to 252.   

23 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

have you yet tried just the default P3D cfg file?

I have. Only changes that I made was added affinityMask and by doing that I don't see my CPU overworking and leaving core 0 free. But some testing later, I removed affinityMask line and also added affinityMask=0 and that stopped the blurry and pixelated scenery.

What I was doing before is spawning at EGKK or EGNX in a F35 with good looking scenery, power up and boosted off into the distance for 10km maybe more and as I fly up high to low the scenery gets more blurry, then when I land it's all blurry and pixelated and not loading in. I keep on doing that with different affinityMask line. Until I set it to affinityMask=0 and did a fast flight with more clouds and rain weather set and landing with no blurry and pixelated scenery.

However with no affinityMask line set, CPU is like working harder than before, jumps all over the place and can go up to max of 80% to 90% So I can't win what I do and not to mention with affinityMask line setup I tend to get more FPS out of it....

Ok, my bad, I thought it looks like this already after firing up the sim. If it gets blurry only when flying, the answer is simply (but you will probably not like it): you are overloading your CPU with your settings being to high. Blurries are in 99% of the case due to the CPU simply not coping with terrain texture loading.

So, we need your settings in the "world" tab now. Until then, try once an AffinityMask of 1365 instead of 1364 together with VSYNC on and an FPS limit of 30.

11 minutes ago, AnkH said:

AffinityMask of 1365 instead of 1364 together with VSYNC on and an FPS limit of 30.

Seems to work fine when set to AffinityMask=1020 and leaving core 0 free still. with FPS limit to 60. Tested it and with FPS up and down feels smooth and good and scenery loading in. Be good that it use GPU more then CPU, Scenery users the GPU lol 

Even at 1365, it users cores however only one thread for each core. It seems to work well with hyper-threading with all selected cores with two threads. That's why I went with 1020, users Core 2 to 5 and 8 threads

18 minutes ago, AnkH said:

you are overloading your CPU with your settings being to high.

Also, at the time when it's blurry and pixelated, with AffinityMask setup CPU was only going max of 40% to 60%  But when I setup no AffinityMask CPU goes far more higher and yet no blurry/pixelated  

How do you measure core load? You are aware that due to the fast thread shuffling in Windows 10, you can basically never say anything about the actual CPU load? 40% to 60% does not tell you anything about CPU being overloaded or not...

But when you found an AM that works well for your build, everything is fine, no? For my rig, 1365 works best, even if other users report otherwise. Regarding AM, it is key that you find the number that fits your rig, if you found it, stick to it.

Still trying to get it perfect but weired, How come also that when FPS limit set to unlimited. everything loads in nicly and not blurry/pixelated, yet 60 or even 30 it's kist the oppiste where it is blurry/pixelated.

Soback to AffinityMask=1364 with FPS limit set to unlimited and not blurry/pixelated. I maybe been looking at this the wrong way. thinking about AffinityMask config and yet it's down to Framerate setting, set to unlimited makes it load in faster

4 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

does your monitor support Variable refresh rate?

Try locking the frame rate to 24 too.

monitor Refresh is always set to 60hz and go from 24hz to 165hz

When I ajust the framerate to 24 it gets even worse LOL and tend to work well at unlimmted  

My brain is about to explode :p

Refresh rate at 24hz is a no no, So stick with 60hz. It does help with the loading of the scenery however it's just unplayable and windows being slow. even doing basic google it lags. Back to 60hz tuns smooth to how I like it and not to mention that get bad FPS in the sim at 24hz and when at 60hz far more better.

So, reloaded the sim at EGPH, set at 60hz with unlimited framerate in a freware 737-800 to EGNX. did a flight and seems to perform far better. aircraft livery and movment of camrea makes the aircraft livery and textures to load in slow still, fly FL250 landed and scenery wasn't at much blurry as it was before.

Keep in mid that image last posted above is in a differnt aircraft so might be the heavy aircraft?  Or maybe the location as I did a flight in the UK where it seems to be way better and yet the other was in Berbera (HCMI) to Gode (HAGO)

Well you are not alone.

EA can look nice but I get constant scenery flashing & puffing trees, pretty well untenable.

Without EA the scenery can look like yours, I would describe it as raw. No focus or finesse in the terrain.

I'm spending more time fiddling with settings than flying.

So I am about 2 flights from going back to P3D v4.5 while LM sort out v5. 

TTM

8 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Well you are not alone.

EA can look nice but I get constant scenery flashing & puffing trees, pretty well untenable.

Without EA the scenery can look like yours, I would describe it as raw. No focus or finesse in the terrain.

I'm spending more time fiddling with settings than flying.

So I am about 2 flights from going back to P3D v4.5 while LM sort out v5. 

TTM

Just can't win. Fix one simple option, well! more likely I thought I have and in terms of flying in UK/Europe seems to be fine, get delays on some things loading but it does load in. I do see trees popping in the distance and at times some areas are blurry but then it loads in. That;s flying around UK. with setting set what I mention the post above. What I don't get that with framerates set to unlimited it loads and not blurry and when set to 60fps or even lower to 30fps it gets so damn blurry and takes so long to load.

Yet when flying from Berbera (HCMI) to Gode (HAGO), starting off fine and good, 20mins flying time or more at FL150 the scenery is blurry as flip and taken so much time to load. At least getting good FPS and it's smooth. one simple little tick that I did to load the scenery was to set the screen refresh rate to 24z (it was set to 60z) and somehow or why! the scenery started to load in and blurry goes away :)  But then the sim isn't smooth, FPS is bad and even the movement of my mouse arrow  was just slow. So moved it back to 60z to get the sim to be so more smoother and better fps, and then scenery started to get blurry again.

And so what country/location that you are can perform different. And my system has no problems running it, images above shows my P£D settings and yet GPU not even using 3gb and cpu is normal usage.

All I want to do, Do many flights and any aircraft at any location around the world with far or good FPS that nice and smooth with scenery that looks damn great and loads in and never get blurry.  

12 hours ago, Empire said:

Yet when flying from Berbera (HCMI) to Gode (HAGO), starting off fine and good, 20mins flying time or more at FL150 the scenery is blurry as flip and taken so much time to load. At least getting good FPS and it's smooth.

I can only repeat again: you are overloading your CPU as such that it is unable to maintain terrain texture loading. What you see is the classic: your FPS are high but you get blurries. Why do you think that if you limit your FPS down to 30, your FPS get worse? Coincidence? By far no, by limiting your FPS in the sim, you basically allow the engine to dedicate more work for terrain loading to the CPU and as such, your FPS drop (quiet significantly in v5). On the other hand it tells you what your rig is capable of.

Turn it around, why do you think you get 10-20FPS more when setting "unlimited"? Suddenly more performance? Of course not. Now if you think another second about this: how can one setting result in such a big FPS difference? Only because of one single reason: the freed up resources when limiting FPS can be used for terrain loading. Or vice versa, if FPS shoot up, the resources used to give you high FPS are not available for terrain loading anymore.

Means: either accept blurries to a certain extent or limit your FPS and accept the FPS loss. Both is impossible, this trade-off is there and always was. There are ways around this, for example with the FFTF value. And this is also why a tool called "FFTF Dynamic" exists. Because it brings us as close as possible to the situation where we have "both": higher FPS and good terrain texture loading.

Archived