Lest We Forget

Dawn Service in our driveways this year. Candles and people standing out front up and down the street. Very special in these strange times of social isolation.

3 of my Grandad's older half brothers served in WWI. 2 off them remain in the Somme at Heilly Station d2016 and Villers-Bretonneux, d1918.

The oldest served from Gallipoli to France and managed to survive.

Lest we forget.

Nice standing out on the driveway this morning with the wife. Families standing respectfully up and down the street at dawn. Candles and the national broadcast of the Last Post and Rouse. A lot of sacrifice around the world to enable us to do that.

Cold and foggy here in Canberra. Bit different to the 30 to 40 thousand normally gathering, in the city, at the Australian War Memorial before dawn. Next year.

Lest we Forget.

Aussie

We had a nice turnout of people in our street, paying their respects, and a guy playing the last post. My dad served in the RAAF and my two uncles in the Army, we were very lucky that they all came home, Uncle Jack in not good condition -  POW. We owe those who served in the armed forces and hospitals so much. God Bless Them.

Don 

Archived