Playing with P3Dv5 in London

Well, the install went just fine as did Orbx Central's efforts to install TE GB South.

I must say, on a beloved but aging PC that frankly struggles with everything I throw its way and can blur the seemingly unblurrable  (just an old Dell stock runabout 4.0 Ghz with a 8GB GTX 1070 I put in it), this new version of P3Dv5 seems very nice!

No "AI" traffic yet, but whatever Lockheed Martin did coding-wise has worked wonders for me - I can fly around the heart of London at not only decent framerates but SMOOTH framerates projecting onto my 4K television set as a monitor, without any of the blurring etc. that has plagued me for years in this sim - and not a single instance of "rubber banding" and severe jerks of FPS - this with my sliders mashed full right and the new weather features clicked on.

I rather like this new sim, ESPECIALLY with nice Orbx content - $$$ well spent.

Between this new sim and the Vulkan upgrade in 11.50b3, I'm beginning to believe that holding off on a new PC was wise on my part - your mileage may vary, of course.

But I do imagine that those of you with purpose-built simming machines with overclocked processors and GTX 2080s etc. will really have a blast with this.

Now, if I can just sneak my beloved Carenado Shorts 360 into this v5 somehow for some truly British adventures...hmmm.

Happy Flying Everyone, no matter what sim you're using.

Steve

2020-4-14_21-26-8-717.jpg

2020-4-14_21-26-49-774.jpg

2020-4-14_21-27-0-22.jpg

2020-4-14_21-27-50-552.jpg

2020-4-14_21-28-41-205.jpg

Sounds amazing I have just got into simming after a ten year break and was struggling even with a i9 9700K and RTX 2080ti to see how it had improved with FSX on steam.

I will have to download this new sim sounds great. Thanks for the tip.

I was on the alpha testing for the new FS20 but I might now divert my time into this new sim.

On 4/14/2020 at 9:49 PM, flyingleaf said:

Glad you like it and thanks for posting.:)

23 hours ago, BradB said:

Looking mighty fine Steve . :):)

22 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Amazing Steve, just amazing.

21 hours ago, I8Orbx said:

Sounds amazing I have just got into simming after a ten year break and was struggling even with a i9 9700K and RTX 2080ti to see how it had improved with FSX on steam.

I will have to download this new sim sounds great. Thanks for the tip.

I was on the alpha testing for the new FS20 but I might now divert my time into this new sim.

20 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots.

cheers

Iain

20 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Absolutely stunning captures!

19 hours ago, schtroumf said:

Fantastic:o

Thanks Guys!!

And it seems many of you are getting far more stunning captures in P3Dv5!

Steve

Archived