Table Mountain

Jack Sawyer

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

These shots look fantastic! We should not forget this is just Open_LC, nothing else. A great product this OLC series is.

Thanks Gerold, I agree, it's opened up a whole new world of ideas for me.  I wish I had a good list of all the airports in Africa than can handle a 747 to 777 as I don't have the real Jepp maps.

3 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Lovely shots of a wonderful landmark.

I am glad you like the paint.

Thanks Eberhard, it's a wonderful area, do you live near Table Mountain?  Can you hike on it?  Is it easy to get to the top or is it only accessible by helicopter?

43 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Eberhard, it's a wonderful area, do you live near Table Mountain?  Can you hike on it?  Is it easy to get to the top or is it only accessible by helicopter?

I live about 30 km from Cape Town many years ago.

Yes, I have done quite a few hikes up and down Table Mountain. These trails range from walks right up to heavy abseiling. 

There is a cable car, that takes tourists up and down. All the amenities are there. Must say I haven't been on Table mountain for at least 25 years, since I move away from the Western Cape.

2 minutes ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

I live about 30 km from Cape Town many years ago.

Yes, I have done quite a few hikes up and down Table Mountain. These trails range from walks right up to heavy abseiling. 

There is a cable car, that takes tourists up and down. All the amenities are there. Must say I haven't been on Table mountain for at least 25 years, since I move away from the Western Cape.

Must be beautiful up there.  Wow, very nice, thanks Eberhard.

Archived