Caernarfon Airport EGCK XP11 My Final Shots.

Used to go to Dinas Dinlle when I was young, often went to this airport after to watch the planes.

I am sure in the 80's they used to have an old helicopter out the front you could play on.

Day 1 purchase for me!

Edit: It's up on the store, but can't buy it yet :-(

10 minutes ago, btaylo24 said:

Used to go to Dinas Dinlle when I was young, often went to this airport after to watch the planes.

I am sure in the 80's they used to have an old helicopter out the front you could play on.

Yep, I remember this as well, but I don't think it was a helicopter, it was some sort of biplane if I remember... They since moved it inside the museum and changed many of the buildings, knocking down the old RAF control tower and building a new one.

Anyway, I've made this airport as it looks today, all new buildings have been added, but also the numerous old ruins and relics from the RAF base are dotted around to be explored :)

Very nice little airport. I've had a great day using it as base for flying all round Wales.

Only one complaint, please proof read the user guide on the web site. Starting it with 'Welcome to Wales' in Welsh is a nice touch but please spell it properly not 'Croeso i Gymru (Welcome to Wales)' There really is no excuse as Cymru is plastered all over the buildings in big letters!

Come on guys ;-)

Glyn Thomas

Can't the  start of the first word can change depending on the syntax ( Do admit it's been a while since I did Welsh lessons in school)

Believe it's to do with Lenition. I spoke\wrote welsh in primary school and used to have to change the first letter of a word depending on its context.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenition

So Orbx were correct in say Gymru.

FYI I have seen signs mention Gymru and Cymru in Wales(lived there for 30 years)

14 hours ago, gmthomas said:

Only one complaint, please proof read the user guide on the web site. Starting it with 'Welcome to Wales' in Welsh is a nice touch but please spell it properly not 'Croeso i Gymru (Welcome to Wales)' There really is no excuse as Cymru is plastered all over the buildings in big letters!

Come on guys ;-)

It is correct... Welsh is an inflected language, i.e. Words change slightly based on context/grammar:

Dw i'n dod o Gymru- I come from Wales
Dw i'n byw yn Nghymru- I live in Wales

I won't pretend to speak any Welsh I don't, but a quick Google search will show it's correct

Archived