Different view, different resolution

It is not going from high res to low res or vice versa, it is more that the ground poly is displayed only for certain angles. Honestly, I do not know why this happens, but it happens on some of my sceneries from time to time. I think it is somehow related on the height (height above sea level) of the groundpoly defined in some of the files, if it is too close or slightly below the actual ground, it is not always visible resulting in what you see. But that is just a guess.

1 hour ago, newtie2 said:

Thanks Chris.

This also happens at other Orbx airports at the worst possible time, like landing at KTVL.

Mark

I realize I'm no help with your problem at KTVL, but I fly there often and have never seen this problem at that airport, so I think something is work here which hasn't been identified yet, AnkH's suggestion notwithstanding.

Cheers!

14 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Maybe try the image sharpening feature in the nvidia control panel?

I really wonder how the image sharpening could have any potential effect on a ground poly being shown only under certain angles in the simulator...

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 3:26 AM, newtie2 said:

This isn't a sharpening issue; it's a 256kb resolution changing to 2048kb resolution by viewing angle.

It is not. It is the groundpoly being displayed depending on the view angle. Your first shot does not show any groundpoly in whatever resolution, the second shot shows the correct groundpoly. What you think is the groundpoly in low res is actually just the ground texture of the photoground.

Archived