Its just about the light ... 4 views of Miami

renault

On 3/9/2020 at 8:02 PM, adambar said:

Gorgeous captures indeed! :)

Thanks Adam!

Cheers

Pete

On 3/9/2020 at 8:24 PM, M110A2 said:

Sweet Beans Renault, I like this. How did you do it???

Thanks Vince

Just got lucky I think :)

Cheers

Pete

On 3/10/2020 at 12:52 AM, Iain Emms said:

Grand shots these.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

Cheers

Pete

On 3/10/2020 at 4:46 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Cool shots Pete. It’s neat how the first and last look almost alike.

Thanks Jack!

Very well spotted Sir :)

One of the frustrations for me with XPlane is that it seems that  the internal coding sometimes could be done much better. In the case of skycolors/lighting, they code for night, sunrise , mid morning to noon , but then to go from noon to sunset/night, they use the same files and just go backwards., rather than just continuing as the skycolor files have space for such a process :( .  So the lighting just comes from the other side so to speak , once you're past noon. So your observation was spot on.

To be fair, though , the primary purpose behind XPlane from the developers perspective I feel, has always been a focus on making aircraft performance as realistic as possible. How it looks "out of the box" seemed to be a  secondary consideration imho.

It really is a credit to the lads and lassies at Orbx and the wonderful job they do with the TE scenery series that it makes XPlane really come alive.

I have very poor piloting skills, so for me, accurate aircraft performance is much more of a frustrating experience than an asset , but the visual fidelity that Orbx brings really helps to balance it out.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the screenshots . :) . My favourite was the last one - I really like the soft light. I could happily putter around in conditions like this forever :D

Cheers

Pete

On 3/10/2020 at 5:40 AM, lifejogger said:

Nice to see how things changes as the day progresses.

Thanks John

Cheers

Pete

On 3/11/2020 at 5:07 AM, schtroumf said:

Nice captures, it's impressive this day / night comparison:)

Thank you.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed it :)

Cheers

Pete

On 3/11/2020 at 3:09 PM, jean marc said:

Beautiful shots Pete ... And a bit magical...as from a God of the Time B):lol: Suspension in the air through the Time :rolleyes::P

Thanks so much JM :)

it is pretty amazing to me, what Orbx scenery brings  and the enjoyment that we all get from it :)

Cheers

Pete

Archived