Unable to Download Orbx Central v4.1.0

Sentry11

789984972_2020-02-2010_39_01-NVIDIAGeForceOverlay.thumb.jpg.b12db04991fc3e6935a0b0eb96c2596e.jpg

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  XP 11

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Tried to download Orbx Central v4.1.0 But Keep Getting Orbx Central v4.0.39 instead. When trying to run Orbx Central v4.0.39 instead it just hangs and won't open (See Attached)

No Central log created. I used to be able to use and open Orbx Central v 4.0.39 okay only by down clocking the CPU to default settings, and now that doesn't even seem to want to work.

2020-02-20 11_09_58-.jpg

Tried uninstalling with the "Uninstall Orbx Central" app and it just flashes the Desktop icons. Thinking that flashing meant it was uninstalled but no dice, as when I went to try and re-download v4.1.0 again I received  v4.0.39. (See Attached).

Is there possibly any other procedure or way to get a copy of "orbx-central-4.1.0.exe" app?

Thanks

SS-1.jpg

SS-2.jpg

I downloaded and ran  the uninstaller you sent, and all it did was just flash the Desktop Icons just like the Orbx uninstaller I used before.  I then looked for the %LocalAppData%\orbx-central-updater folder and nowhere was it to be found on C:\ Drive. I then tried to download v4.1.0 once more and I would  get v4.0.39 again.

I been having a lot of trouble with past versions of Orbx Central, they would all crash and freeze the computer while the CPU was over clocked, so that left me porting all Orbx updates and new Orbx purchases from my iMac. One day I decided to down clock the CPU to its default settings and after that Orbx v4.0.39 worked perfectly so that I could do all Orbx updating and installing  directly to my windows box. After all that was done I went back and Over Clocked the CPU to what settings I had before and everything was working fine until

v4.1.0 came out, and v4.0.39 would no longer work anymore. Overclocked it would crash and freeze, down clocked, it would just hang. (See Previous Screen Shots)

Yes, that supposedly is what is to occur, but on my system it just hangs at the "Installing, please wait" dialog window.

I've had the same problems with previous Orbx Central versions on this system, and support from developers with a solution to such problems have yet to be offered.

So as in past versions of Orbx Central problems I once again found a solution, though not quite perfect but now allows me now to download and install updates and new purchases directly to my windows 10 system without having to waste time installing first on the Imac then porting over to windows 10. At least now i can generate a Central Log file which I was not able to do before. It seems that if a user requires a solutions to certain problems that developers are unable to provide, it will now be up to that user to find and correct the problem themselves.

In SS-1 everything seemed to be functioning okay, and now today as you can see in SS-2 problems again, nothing is working in version 4.1.0.

I'm ready to throw in the towel on Orbx Central. This version and past versions have given me nothing but trouble and headaches and that is not counting the waste of many hours of flying time.

I have checked for file and memory integrity, as well as drives and other hardware and everything checks out okay. Checked for all required MicroSoft Distributables as and they are installed.

I guess now its back to the tedious and time consuming task of porting from the iMac to XP. At least I have that avenue still open, and working for me.

SS-1.jpg

SS-2.jpg

Log.txt central.log central.json

One other thing, the Orbx Central installer is the only program, or software that crashes my system every time I try to install it.

So if its a software problem then in my opinion its a problem with the Orbx Central installer as every thing else has worked, and is still working on my system and hardware very well without crashing.

Hello,

the usual answer to this:

2020-02-23T10:36:23.136Z [INFO] [Central::IpcService] - Using Saturn binary from C:\Users\colds\AppData\Local\orbx-central\saturn-win\OrbxCentralWorker.exe
2020-02-23T10:36:23.178Z [INFO] [Central::IpcService] - The Orbx Central worker process failed to start. Please check the user guide for troubleshooting advice at http://orbx.to/central-guide - closed with code 2147516563 - null

is to install the prerequisite software.

https://orbx.to/central-guide

Thanks,

there is a bit more, I am sure you have already done this too but here it is anyway.

A communication error occurred when trying to perform this action

The installation of products is performed by the Orbx Central Worker, which is a seperate application that is bundled with Orbx Central. If you receive this error, Central was unable to communicate with the Orbx Central Worker to perform an action. Please try to exit Central completely (via Alt-F4/Cmd-Q/pressing ‘Quit’ on Central in the system tray), and then start Central again. 

If that did not resolve the issue, this issue is also commonly caused by:

I uninstalled all MS distributables and reinstalled them in case of any corruption somehow that was not detected.

This time I uninstalled all files and folders in the "appData" ./ "Local" / and "Roaming" folders, anything named orbx-central or with the orbx title by deleting them instead of using the Orbx uninstaller app.

I'm happy to say that so far Orbx Central v4.1.0 functions perfectly with all it's features only if the CPU is down-clocked to it's default settings.  I will accept that and run with it as its a heck of a lot better, and easier to update and install now than what I had to do before. Its just a simple matter after updating and installing add-ons then Over-Clocking back to the settings I had previously set.

Somehow Orbx Central 4.1.0 and previous versions didn't like, and still doesn't like to play well with my Over-Clocked CPU for some unknown reason.

Thank you Nick for all your assistance, its much appreciated.

Archived