Tile hand off from TE-Florida HD to my own Ortho4XP z17

Orbx Flyer

Just thought this might be an interesting viewpoint, in that as you can see clearly up ahead, the demarcation line between the northern boundary tile of TE-Florida HD, and my own Ortho4XP z17 tiles, that will be Georgia and onward.  They are right now, low rez, as they are out of XP's LOD boundary, and I see my MyBook 7 TB  HD light just starting to flicker as XP is going to start loading in those Ortho4XP z17 tiles...and bring those tiles into full resolution and clarity.  I see just as I started taking this shot,...that the line between TE-Florida HD and my own tiles was starting to 'gel up'...coming into focus, with SFD's autogen starting to be called upon.   Just thought this might be interesting to some...  Oh, here goes the busy light of my MyBook....and away we go...hi Georgia!

Eclipse-2020-02-15-07-33-52.png

Well, goodbye TE-Florida HD for now,...see you on the return leg..."Georgia,  oh Georgia, like the sound of the wind,... blowing through the pines, sing it, Ray!...."   Crossing over....

Eclipse-2020-02-15-07-48-20.png

As I got pretty much over the boundary,  autogen started to populate as well as my custom forests. I had a really good rest-of-the-flight to landing in mid Michigan. As you say, it wasn't really a 'visual/scenery shock', but more as a hand-off, from Orbx to Ortho4XP.

Archived