Australia Wildfires January 2020

Very sad indeed, all these people losing everything they worked a lifetime for. :(  I think there is something more sinister going on with all these fires in the US and Australia myself. I know some of it is natural but some of it isn't as well. 

26 minutes ago, AirRide said:

:( Canada watches with deep sorrow for your many loses. This is such a difficult time in your history. We cry with you, but may you find the strength to recover in the years ahead.

I appreciate that Mr AirRide. I am lucky where I live that we have avoided fires so far but it is always a worry especially on the very hot windy days.

It is so sad to see all of the losses in life, property and businesses. This is the holiday season over here and many places make the majority of their income over these few weeks.

The wildlife has taken a hammering too and any survivors now have the problem of nothing to eat.

It has happened before , many times in the past so we hope that everything recovers over time.

I was in BC and the US a few months ago and I was impressed by the general friendliness of most of the people I met, thanks for making me so welcome.

16 minutes ago, adambar said:

Very sad indeed, all these people losing everything they worked a lifetime for. :(  I think there is something more sinister going on with all these fires in the US and Australia myself. I know some of it is natural but some of it isn't as well. 

Yes, Adam, many hold the same views as you. 87% of the fires were accidental or deliberately lit. The rest were dry lightning strikes.

If you are interested look up Sky News Australia on YouTube. A very well balanced news service with up to the minute news and discussion on the fires.

Yep, not to mention all the poor innocent animals. :( I was watching them rescue Koalas and Roos among others today, some made it others didn't. :(  I made a donation today to the Australian Bushfire emergency. 

Thanks for the news link Martyn. :)

21 minutes ago, adambar said:

Yep, not to mention all the poor innocent animals. :( I was watching them rescue Koalas and Roos among others today, some made it others didn't. :(  I made a donation today to the Australian Bushfire emergency. 

Thanks for the news link Martyn. :)

Many thanks for your donation Adam, help from outside Australia is always greatly appreciated.:)

Yep it sad to see  so much destruction in this  beautiful Country. Thank  you  all for  your concerns and help, this is  very appreciated.

I am  mostly sad  to see  all those wildlife  destroyed . We can replace  houses, but  we cannot replace  human tragedy or fauna near extinction .

And  on a  happier note  trying to fly in those  affected areas , for  Active Sky, smoke is equal to cumulus nimbus. The algorithm  does not translate  correctly. I would  have accepted  fog as an alternative, but it is not the case

As a little in recompense, after all the help and support Australia has given us in the past, I just hope my my own Country can find the means and the way to help.

Archived