Now on to Sydney

Jack Sawyer

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn.  Is it always so brown in some of these shots or is this seasonal?

Usually the grass turns to straw in the summer months but with the lack of rain it has been like it for most of the year in some places.:(

The banning of burning off, clearing of fire breaks and refusal to allow farmers to clear problem areas of vegetation has lead to these awful bushfires.>:(

The current drought has also exacerbated the situation.

https://www.eldersweather.com.au/news/indian-ocean-dipole-losing-its-grip/530659

Nice summer flight, Jack. Please virtually stay in Sydney for some more hours, I´ll come down soon and we´ll have a Christmas drink, just see the link below!

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Is it always so brown in some of these shots or is this seasonal?

It is seasonal, as you can see in these shots with the sim set to September:

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hotlanta

That name sounds inviting... :D

12 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Nice summer flight, Jack. Please virtually stay in Sydney for some more hours, I´ll come down soon and we´ll have a Christmas drink, just see the link below!

It is seasonal, as you can see in these shots with the sim set to September:

That name sounds inviting... :D

Thanks Gerold.  Actually as I type this I’m just starting a flight from Cairns to Bundaberg via Townsville.

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Usually the grass turns to straw in the summer months but with the lack of rain it has been like it for most of the year in some places.:(

The banning of burning off, clearing of fire breaks and refusal to allow farmers to clear problem areas of vegetation has lead to these awful bushfires.>:(

The current drought has also exacerbated the situation.

https://www.eldersweather.com.au/news/indian-ocean-dipole-losing-its-grip/530659

Thanks for the great Aussie WX link Martyn !! .

John

Archived