Flying the great circle.

olderndirt

Out of KPDX and, nine and a half hours later, EGLL.  ETOPS really changed the game for both carriers and carried.  The route takes them up through Canada and crosses Greenland just south of Sondrestrom.  Down through northwest Scotland and into the melee that is Heathrow.

virg1.png

virg2.png

Departure time - three in the afternoon.  Arrival time - breakfast in London tomorrow morning.  

virg3.png

43 minutes ago, adambar said:

That would be one heck of a trip OND. I sure learn a lot at this forum not being a pilot and all, thank you. :)

Same here Adam but I forget most of it which is one reason I was never a pilot.:-

I forget the other reasons!:wacko:

Not to mention the interesting anecdotes that old hands like OND come out with.:)

Nice shots OND.   I'd like to know also about your flight.  Don't know of anyone who would sit at a desk and do a 9 hour flight.  I've read on a couple of forums where guys will set up a flight like that, then go to bed, wake up and do the landing.  Just curious.

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

OND, did you actually do this in the sim?  If so I'm quite impressed sir, this is awesome!  Very nice shots.

Wish I could but my screenshooting ends at the Canadian border.  My daughter made the trip a couple of years ago - said the flight didn't seem that long and was impressed with Virgin Air.

Archived