minor visual issue at KJAC Jackson Hole

Eric D.

Hi,

I have a little visual issue at KJAC. Am currently moving my Orbx North American Sceneries to a library on a different drive.

After doing that to KJAC I noticed the following issue: The fences on the traffic island now "moved" from the green to the pavement. Attached is my screenshot and, to compare, the screenshot from the product web-page.

Any idea about the cause?

Thanks,

Eric

Screenshot (51).png

Screenshot (50).png

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 7:45 PM, Eric D. said:

Any idea about the cause?

Hi Eric,

We've been looking into this and have hopefully got it sorted out (for P3D 4 and 5).

In Orbx central all you should need to do is verify files for KJAC (the fix doesn't appear as a new version).

The scenery should then look fine.

However I should mention that the eagle eyed might notice that a few objects (for example static planes and, unfortunately, the two signs at the entrance) are still slightly misplaced. Not that big a problem but if it causes concern we at least found a work around.

It seems that on a first load of the scenery P3D misplaces certain objects slightly. Going back to the Scenario screen (Scenario\end scenario\new scenario) then pressing scenery to access the scenery library and clicking okay seems to cause some scenery to reload. When you then press OK to return to KJAC all should be exactly as on the product page.

Just to be clear this is what I call the scenario screen

scenario.thumb.jpg.73bff0ef458a0f82ec3e6b5957d7cc6c.jpg

In case anyone wonders the source of this whole problem was the fact that P3D positioned things a bit differently to FSX - the difference only became noticeable at high altitude airports like KJAC. Whilst updating the scenery for P3D Jarrad managed to fix this.

More recently LM changed things again causing some objects to be misplaced as mentioned in this thread.

Anyway hopefully after a verify files things will look much better and you can get on with enjoying the scenery (which is not looking bad for something that dates back to 2012!)

Edit: here's what I'm now seeing in P3Dv4.51895639234_KJACRestored.thumb.jpg.bc355ec589276e834e7a82b0b1ebbdbb.jpg

All the best,

John

Archived