Stark's Twin Oaks - day 1

Dario

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

More excellence Dario!  I'm very curious, how do you get those long shots like in #'s 4 and 15?

Thank you very much, Jack! :) 

When I am looking to the plane from outside (Shift+4), I press " C" and I am able to move the camera freely. 

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Dario, I have to try this.

And I also recommend you to assign keyboard shortcuts to various  "move view" movements. Go to Settings, Keyboard, and search for " Move view". Then you will set all the movements (up, down, right, left, etc). Then, in the same screen, search for " zoom in" and "zoom out" and assign keys also. That's all you need. If you have any doubt, just ask me. Cheers!

20 minutes ago, Dario said:

And I also recommend you to assign keyboard shortcuts to various  "move view" movements. Go to Settings, Keyboard, and search for " Move view". Then you will set all the movements (up, down, right, left, etc). Then, in the same screen, search for " zoom in" and "zoom out" and assign keys also. That's all you need. If you have any doubt, just ask me. Cheers!

This is the one thing I don’t like about XP because it’s very difficult to assign cameras, it’s so non-intuitive.  And, it changes every last time I run XP.  Something always changes, for example, I run XP and the stopzooming plugin won’t work.  I shut down XP and rerun it and it works.  XP is SO odd.

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

This is the one thing I don’t like about XP because it’s very difficult to assign cameras, it’s so non-intuitive.  And, it changes every last time I run XP.  Something always changes, for example, I run XP and the stopzooming plugin won’t work.  I shut down XP and rerun it and it works.  XP is SO odd.

Hi Jack! @Jack Sawyer

That's weird. For me it never changed... Even after XP11 updates, the keyboard shortcuts (as well as the joystick assignments remain intact for me. 

I also use X-Camera and TrackIR, and I highly recommend them both. 

And, at least for me, camera movement in XP11 is hundreds of times easier than in P3D. In P3D I struggle to place the camera where I want, even using the excellent ChasePlane. 

Regards, Jack!

9 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Dario, it's like watching Michelangelo show his chops. Wonderful. Thanks! 

Thank you so much for your kind words, Captain Rodger! :) All the best for you!

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Top-notch set there Dario! :)

Thank you very much, Adam! :) 

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you very much, Iain! :) 

4 hours ago, Dario said:

Hi Jack! @Jack Sawyer

That's weird. For me it never changed... Even after XP11 updates, the keyboard shortcuts (as well as the joystick assignments remain intact for me. 

I also use X-Camera and TrackIR, and I highly recommend them both. 

And, at least for me, camera movement in XP11 is hundreds of times easier than in P3D. In P3D I struggle to place the camera where I want, even using the excellent ChasePlane. 

Regards, Jack!

I love CP, it's extremely easy and intuitive to me anyway.  

Yeah, XP on my system has a mind of its own.  And I even have a plain vanilla install, it too does the same things as I described.

I practically begged the guy who wrote XP to make it for XP.

Archived