OrbX Washington SD Issue -failed to find resource...

david broome

I uninstalled my Washington HD and installed Washington SD.

It took at least 3 times as long to install than the much larger Washington HD!

But regardless I am getting the following errors in my log.txt.

I have tries verifying files but have the same issue.

Also the performance is worse than the HD version but that may be something unrelated.

Extract form log.txt

0:00:22.918 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Accesso_ShoWare_Center_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:22.918 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Ramada_Seatac_Airport_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:22.918 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Masterpark_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:22.918 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Radisson_Hotel_Seattle_Airport_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:22.918 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_SeaTac_Office_Tower_North_and_South_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:22.918 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Bow_Lake_Transfer_Station_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:22.918 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Auburn_Station_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:22.918 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Wally_Park_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:22.918 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Hertz_SeaTac_Marriot_Hotel_Off_Airport_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:22.918 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Weyerhaeuser_King_County_Aquatic_Center_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:22.918 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Red_Lion_Hotel_Seattle_Airoport_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:22.918 I/SCN: DSF load time: 5673298 for file Custom 

Log.txt

@david broome For some reason those errors are always exiting in the Log file but do not effect the running or omit any details in the scenery as far as I can see. if it's any consolation I have always had those errors reported in my Log file since day 1 of install of TE Washington. Here's an extract from my Log file:

0:00:59.697 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Courtyard_by_Marriott_Seattle_Federal_Way_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:59.697 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Accesso_ShoWare_Center_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:59.697 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Ramada_Seatac_Airport_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:59.697 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Masterpark_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:59.697 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Radisson_Hotel_Seattle_Airport_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:59.697 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_SeaTac_Office_Tower_North_and_South_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:59.697 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Bow_Lake_Transfer_Station_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:59.697 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Auburn_Station_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:59.697 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Wally_Park_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:59.697 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Hertz_SeaTac_Marriot_Hotel_Off_Airport_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:59.697 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Weyerhaeuser_King_County_Aquatic_Center_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.
0:00:59.697 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../sea-tac_textures_2048/TE_USA_RG_Red_Lion_Hotel_Seattle_Airoport_ALB.png', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac/'.

You are not on your own! Maybe @Tony Wroblewski can enlighten what these missing items are and if they have any negative effect on the TE Washington display.

That is interesting because I am 99% sure I didn't have these errors on my original HD installation as I check my log file each time I install new scenery.

I do see some buildings near KEWR that look to have strange or missing textures (perhaps the Hotel in the log.txt but don't have a screenshot.

It would be nice if somebody from  OrbX could comment because clearly there are calls for textures that do not exist.

The performance issue resolved itself so that was clearly unrelated.

I had this same issue with boats and lighthouses and random buildings and it turns out I was not updated to the latest version of xplane.  11.35 or so I think it is?  Make sure it is the latest version and LR contains library items that are used in these sceneries.   Not sure if that will work in this case but worth a try.

Chris

15 hours ago, chrisdkramer said:

I had this same issue with boats and lighthouses and random buildings and it turns out I was not updated to the latest version of xplane.  11.35 or so I think it is?  Make sure it is the latest version and LR contains library items that are used in these sceneries.   Not sure if that will work in this case but worth a try.

Chris

Yes it is the latest version thanks.

18 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

They're missing texture sheets that seem to have been misplaced. It has been noted as a bug. It shouldn't stop the region from running for a few POIs in the SeaTac area may not have textures applied to them

Thanks Tony.

I assume it will be addressed in a SP in the future but now at least I can be sure it is not an issue at my end.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/12/2019 at 4:43 PM, Tony Wroblewski said:

They're missing texture sheets that seem to have been misplaced. It has been noted as a bug. It shouldn't stop the region from running for a few POIs in the SeaTac area may not have textures applied to them

Any idea when these textures will be available or is there some place I can download them from? Several of the buildings at KSEA are just blank.

I don't really care for the snarkiness Mr. Clarke.  I don't consider having at least ten large buildings in the vicinity of KSEA that are completely textureless and stand out like a sore thumb "absolutely no impact".    Yes - I no longer have crashes when loading into KSEA in 11.50.   That was a differnet issue.  But this is a bug that needs fixed, and I'm simply reiterating the fact that I am also experiencing it in a thread that is specifically addressing it. 

I certainly did not intend to appear "snarky" merely pointing out that the topic is old and has been answered, was repeated in a topic about loading TE Washington in 11.50 yesterday and then repeated again by you in this topic.

The fix for blank building textures is for the Devs to attend to and cannot be answered by people like me or Nick in the support section. This topic is already in the correct forum BUG Report section and comments can be added to that.

Jon - clearly I'm not on here as much as you.  Sorry I didn't realize the topic was as old as it is.  I apologize for beating a dead horse.  I did find a solution via a little experimenting though.  The log file was saying that it was looking for all these files in the folder  Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/objects/sea-tac-textures_2048.  There is no such folder.  However all the missing files are in the sea-tac-textures  and also again in sea-tac-textures_1024 at a higher resolution.  I simply made a copy of the sea-tac-textures_1024 folder and renamed it sea-tac-textures_2048.   That fixed it.  No texureless buildings around the KSEA airport anymore.   I'm sure they'll get to a more proper fix eventually, but I'm happy for now.

Glad you resolved the issue. 

I have the SD version so the fix you have doesn't work for my setup unfortunately, so I still need a @Tony Wroblewski comment about a fix.

My SeaTac textures are 512X512 and no 1024 folder to rename. I have tried renaming the SeaTac texture folder to sea-tac-textures_2048 to no avail.

Archived