Refunds

Hi there

Yes iam try to run the new Orbx central.I wouldnt have bothered with changing the program if i had'nt purchased EGLC!!!!

This has caused no end of problems

This is my log folder in my appdata  empty :-(  i uninstalled Orbx Central then reinstalled again now i cant even get it to sync p3d v4.5

This is the only log file i can open.?? Open the Orbx central file with your default text editor.

Windows 10

Untitled 1.png

Untitled.png

central.log

Hello,

your image above of an empty folder is the same for everyone and does not indicate a problem.

You are looking at C:\Users\raymondf\AppData\Roaming\Orbx Central,

whereas the instruction is to look inside

C:\Users\raymondf\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central

where you will indeed find central.log, if it has been created.

Orbx Central is not capable of "deleting itself".

Try visiting your Windows control panel and see if it is there as an installed program.

You are looking for this:

7.jpg

If you find it, try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it.

This should replace what is most likely a missing desktop shortcut or start menu item.

I see that your desktop already has a very large number of items on it, so I would recommend

that you look instead under "O" in your Start menu for this:

8.jpg

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Raymond Morris,

Your central.log file indicates that the download component of Orbx Central fails to start. In order to determine why windows won't launch this component can you perform the following steps:

- Press start and search for 'Event Viewer'. Launch this utility.

- On the left hand side of Event Viewer Click Windows Logs > Application

- Launch Orbx Central and try install a product.

- On the right hand side of 'Event Viewer' should be a refresh button.

- The list should refresh and you should see an error in the list with the source '.net' or the like.

- click on the this entry to display the error.

If you can send through a screenshot of the error we can determine what has gone wrong.

Guest Josh Koz

Hi Raymond,

Unfortunately your screenshots are too small for me to determine what the error is.

I've annotated three parts of the Event Viewer to help you out as this is a pretty complicated utility.

1. This is the source column that you should look out for. The Event Viewer may contain lots of errors or entries that aren't relevant to your issue. We're looking for an error in which the source column contains ".NET" or the like.

2. This is the refresh button which will ensure the entries in the Event Viewer are up to date.

3. This box will contain the error message itself. Clicking any error in the the list above this will display the error message in this box.

annotated.jpeg

Let me know if run into issues with this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have moved your topic to the P3D v4 forum.

The most common solution for two control towers at an addon airport is that

there are two addon airports active at the same place.

If you have EU England and/or True Earth Great Britain South, you will need to

disable the version(s) of Gatwick in those.

In any case, your UK 2000 scenery library entries should be at the top of the scenery library.

Archived