AA in peacetime.

olderndirt

Bomber pilots and others have always commented negatively on 'flak' or shell bursts from AA (anti aircraft) fire.  We simmers also have an 'AA' (Anti Aliasing) problem, not nearly as dangerous but aggravating.  Our good friend "Renault" has come up with a cunning plan.  It's called 'downsampling' - been around for a while and really does good things for AA in Xplane.   Here's an e.g. straight from the 'V' key.  Check for Jaggies.

Cirrus-SF50-2019-09-05-16-53-36.png

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

How did he/you achieve this OND?

Simply right click/open your Nvidia Contol Panel on desktop.  Select 'change resolution' - #2  'choose the resolution' - click 'customize'.   Click on 'Create Custom Resolution' - click horizontal pixels up to 2560 and vertical pixels up to 1440.  Click 'TEST' - if successful it'll come back with 'YES/NO' on countdown so be quick.  You're done 'til you open X Plane, go to 'Graphics', select Full Screen and 2560x1440 on the dropdown menu.  Use FXAA 2xSS on the AA slider.   

3 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Simply right click/open your Nvidia Contol Panel on desktop.  Select 'change resolution' - #2  'choose the resolution' - click 'customize'.   Click on 'Create Custom Resolution' - click horizontal pixels up to 2560 and vertical pixels up to 1440.  Click 'TEST' - if successful it'll come back with 'YES/NO' on countdown so be quick.  You're done 'til you open X Plane, go to 'Graphics', select Full Screen and 2560x1440 on the dropdown menu.  Use FXAA 2xSS on the AA slider.   

Wow!  Cool OND, and may thanks, I'll try this.  I would have never in life figured this out on my own, there's some pretty clever people out there.

50 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wow!  Cool OND, and may thanks, I'll try this.  I would have never in life figured this out on my own, there's some pretty clever people out there.

The technique's been around for a while and is working well with newer cards.

11 hours ago, BradB said:

Hopefully Renault will not keep us all in suspense with his cunning plan for very long , because even Mick Jagger would not find a single "Jaggie" in this fine shot . B):unsure::rolleyes::o:lol:

Cheers

John

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

How did he/you achieve this OND?

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

The technique's been around for a while and is working well with newer cards.

Here you go Gents. Have fun :)

Cheers

R

Archived