Elevation Tool Crashing

Gabe777

Hello.

Running the tool via the new v4 of Central and get an exception error immediately.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot mix synchronous and asynchronous operation on process stream.
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_StandardOutput()
   at FtxVector.Configurator.Ui.Forms.MainForm.Aec_AutoBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3815.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FtxVector.Configurator
    Assembly Version: 1.6.3.0
    Win32 Version: 1.6.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Lockheed%20Martin/Prepar3D%20v4/ORBX/FTX_VECTOR/FTX%20GLOBAL%20VECTOR%20Configuration%20Tool.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3801.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hope you can help

Hi there.

Thnx for prompt reply. 

I updated to latest Central v4...... then verified all my files as I have cloned my drive to a new larger ssd.

I verified Vectors and reset all settings and the ran elevation as I was having a problem with Aerosoft Trondheim hanging my sim at 6 %. A reinstall fixed that.

But, when trying to run the elevation tool, this error comes up, and it just won't run.

Haven't tried the Sync thingey. Will do that tomorrow. 

Thnx.

Guest Josh Koz

Hi Guys,

We're aware of this issue and have been working on a fix. As the Vector Configurator is bundled with Global Vector it will require an update to the once we release this fix. However if you'd like to test the patched version of the Vector Configurator executable you can follow these steps:

- Download the patched Vector Configurator Executable from https://web.goog.cdn.orbxdirect.com/software/vector-configurator/FtxVector.Configurator.1.6.4.exe

- Place the downloaded executable within the Global VECTOR\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\ directory where you have Global Vector installed. If you don't perform this step you'll receive an error as the configurator won't be able to detect the Global Vector installation.

- Launch the patched version of Vector Configurator.

- (OPTIONAL) Rename the executable to "FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool.exe" replacing the existing executable in that directory. Orbx Central will then use the patched version. 

Let me know if you guys run into any issues with this version of the Vector Configurator.

Hey,

I just ran this on my FSX-SE test system.

Now interesting thing is - I was getting the same results with 1.6.3 config tool.  I did change the tool to the 1.6.4.

When I first run the auto config tool - I usually get 12 airports in the list.  And then I hit apply and close the app.

If I run the app again; now I only see 6 airports instead of 12.  See pics.

First pic about to hit Apply - look at the list of airports

config164-1.jpg.127d62983b2433b306c717ff1c466ebd.jpg

Now after Apply - running the app again - See the list

config164-2.jpg.ac95693c5a34d837802404abf0c56134.jpg

Guest Josh Koz
15 minutes ago, Airwolf said:

When I first run the auto config tool - I usually get 12 airports in the list.  And then I hit apply and close the app.

If I run the app again; now I only see 6 airports instead of 12.

This is very unusual as the changes made in 1.6.4 should have no affect on this. Is this reproducible? If you apply, close and reload do you end up with the same 6 entries every time instead of the expected 12?

1 minute ago, Josh Koz said:

This is very unusual as the changes made in 1.6.4 should have no affect on this. Is this reproducible? If you apply, close and reload do you end up with the same 6 entries every time instead of the expected 12?

Yes.  It keeps on happening.  I ran it 5 times already.  It was also happening with 1.6.3

Guest Josh Koz

Upon launch the Vector Configurator will look through <Simulator Root>\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\scenery\ directory. Anything files within this directory that end in .bgl will populate the enabled list. Any ending in .inactive will populate the disabled list.

After running the Auto-Configuration and applying it can perform a search within the <Simulator Root>\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\scenery for 'inactive'. Each of the ICAOs in the disabled list should also appear as .inactive files within here.

8 hours ago, Josh Koz said:

Hi Guys,

We're aware of this issue and have been working on a fix. As the Vector Configurator is bundled with Global Vector it will require an update to the once we release this fix. However if you'd like to test the patched version of the Vector Configurator executable you can follow these steps:

- Download the patched Vector Configurator Executable from https://web.goog.cdn.orbxdirect.com/software/vector-configurator/FtxVector.Configurator.1.6.4.exe

- Place the downloaded executable within the Global VECTOR\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\ directory where you have Global Vector installed. If you don't perform this step you'll receive an error as the configurator won't be able to detect the Global Vector installation.

- Launch the patched version of Vector Configurator.

- (OPTIONAL) Rename the executable to "FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool.exe" replacing the existing executable in that directory. Orbx Central will then use the patched version. 

Let me know if you guys run into any issues with this version of the Vector Configurator.

Thnx.

Just relieved it isn't an issue on my end.

Will try the link you provided and get back to you.

5 hours ago, Friedi Gulder said:

Hi Airwolf,
the 6 not displayed ICAO codes are a bug since openLC Europe contains the Island demo. You see this only if only openLC Europe is installed and scanned.

Hi,

I also have openLC_NA + SA installed too.  List of scenery screenshot is on another thread created last night 

Hello.

Two issues

Ran new tool - said there was an error.

Ran Sync Simulator and errored again - looked in log and got this:

2019-09-06T10:21:58.799Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Synchronizing p3dv4 (C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\)
2019-09-06T10:21:58.815Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Mutator loaded 21 configuration files
2019-09-06T10:21:58.818Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Mutation time: 00:00:00.0004037
2019-09-06T10:21:58.825Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Beginning scenery configuration rebuild.
2019-09-06T10:21:58.877Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [WARNING] Rule target (Scenery\AFRI) not found for entry ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ (ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_OBJ)!
2019-09-06T10:21:58.878Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [WARNING] Rule target (Scenery\AFRI) not found for entry ORBX!VECTOR_FixedAPT (ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_FixedAPT)!
2019-09-06T10:21:58.878Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [WARNING] Rule target (Scenery\AFRI) not found for entry ORBX!VECTOR_EXX (ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_EXX)!
2019-09-06T10:21:58.878Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [WARNING] Rule target (Scenery\AFRI) not found for entry ORBX!VECTOR_CVX (ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_CVX)!
2019-09-06T10:21:58.878Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [WARNING] Rule target (Scenery\AFRI) not found for entry ORBX!VECTOR_APT (ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT)!
2019-09-06T10:21:58.878Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [WARNING] Rule target (Scenery\0000) not found for entry ORBX!VECTOR_AEC (ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC)!
2019-09-06T10:21:58.879Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] Unable to rebuild scenery configuration.
2019-09-06T10:21:58.879Z [INFO] [Saturn] - Job released 340797582
2019-09-06T10:21:58.890Z [INFO] [Saturn] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2019-09-06T10:21:58.890Z [INFO] [Saturn] -    at Saturn.Jobs.SyncSimulator.SyncSimulatorJobRunner.SyncESP()
2019-09-06T10:21:58.890Z [INFO] [Saturn] -    at Saturn.Jobs.SyncSimulator.SyncSimulatorJobRunner.Execute()
2019-09-06T10:21:58.890Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] Synchronizing failed.
2019-09-06T10:21:58.914Z [ERROR] [Central::InstallationService] - {"data":{"status":false},"id":340797582,"name":"SyncSimulatorResponseMessage","success":false}

Hello,

P3D v4, entire Orbx catalogue installed and active.

No other addons at all.

I have followed Josh's advice and the result of the synchronisation is

2019-09-06T13:37:09.763Z [INFO] [Central::InstallationService] - Sending sync request
2019-09-06T13:37:09.768Z [INFO] [Saturn] - Queue added job
2019-09-06T13:37:09.803Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Synchronizing p3dv4 (G:\P3D v4\)
2019-09-06T13:37:09.803Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Mutator loaded 9 configuration files
2019-09-06T13:37:09.806Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Mutation time: 00:00:00.0022947
2019-09-06T13:37:09.807Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Beginning scenery configuration rebuild.
2019-09-06T13:37:09.847Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Finished scenery configuration rebuild.
2019-09-06T13:37:09.853Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [SUCCESS] Saved C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg
2019-09-06T13:37:09.861Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Beginning terrain configuration rebuild.
2019-09-06T13:37:09.912Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Finished terrain configuration rebuild.
2019-09-06T13:37:09.976Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [SUCCESS] Saved C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\terrain.cfg
2019-09-06T13:37:10.045Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [SUCCESS] Synchronizing completed successfully.

2019-09-06T13:37:10.045Z [INFO] [Saturn] - Job released 754222961
2019-09-06T13:37:10.063Z [INFO] [Central::InstallationService] - Sync completed successfully.

Interestingly, if I delete the Africa entry, Orbx Central just writes it back.

Can you try renaming your scenery.cfg file, letting P3D v4 build another and then try sync again please?

I ran his new Vector control panel auto-configuration and the result was this:

4.jpg

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @ArnyLitheman

This error occurs when the Vector Configurator can't read a icaos.txt file that's generated by the Auto-Configuration process. Either the Auto-Configuration process failed and never created the icaos.txt file resulting in the error, or the reading of the icaos.txt file failed due to a "lock" existing on the file. 

To determine if it's the former or latter of the above two causes can you run the following steps.

- Run the Auto-Configuration process

- Wait for the error to occur.

- Don't click 'OK'. Leave the error message box open. Clicking 'Ok' will trigger a cleanup.

- Navigate to the directory the Vector Configurator executable file exists at within your File Explorer.

- You should find a \Temp directory within this directory and inside an icaos.txt.

If the icaos.txt file exists, it's possible the file lock hasn't yet been released or some anti-virus is grabbing a lock on the file preventing the Vector Configurator from reading it. If you have anti-virus running, try re-running the Auto Config process with it temporarily disabled.

Let me know how you go. 

Hi @Josh Koz

I'm having the same issue as Arny. Followed your steps as above and in my case I discovered that icaos.txt wasn't created at all in the \Temp folder (running configuration tool version 1.6.5).

Occurs with Windows Defender both enabled and disabled.

Regards, Haydn 

I think I discovered the issue - I may have missed an instruction somewhere:

I had been using Lorby's Addon Manager to account for AEC not scanning addon.xml airports so was using the export function creating a temporary "scenery.cfg" file. Previously this had worked without issue. After doing some digging I discovered my scenery.cfg had become corrupted so following LM's instructions I deleted it and allowed it to rebuild then tried again. Still no success.

I'm not sure if that's Arny's issue as well, however it seems to work fine when without using the Lorby export function. I'm thinking there's some sort of loop error being created now orbx scenery is located outside of the base sim folder.

It appears as though the new tool does pickup addon.xml files? It has automatically disabled KLAS for example (FlyTampa/FSDT) which was never previously found without using the Lorby export workaround. Is this the case?

Cheers, Haydn  

This tool should really work with Lorby scenery manager being used.

I have always used it: prior to doing ANYTHING with FTX Central, I ALWAYS "activate" ALL my scenery, so that (presumably ?) the vector elevation tool can do it's job.

I then use SimstarterNG, to activated just those sceneries I want, before each flight.

Now here's the thing: this issue has ONLY occurred since this new v4 of FTX central. And it's clear others are having the same problem. Most are probably unaware of it yet, as they won't necessarily have run it, or indeed updated to v4 !

I do not use any libraries outside the normal Orbx folder, and only the people flow stuff is in the Documents folder, as it states it 'cannot be installed in the main sim folder'.

It is pointless running the tool with a default, vanilla scenery cfg file isn't it ? Surely it won't pick up all the addon airports..... which I assume is, at least in part, the whole point.

I look forward to this being resolved. At present there are no issues as far as I know in my sim, as the AEC stuff has already been done, but I may well be adding additional airports in the future.

I say this with respect,  as I know this stuff is complicated, especially with new updates, so will await your advice, patiently. 

Many thanks.

16 hours ago, Josh Koz said:

This error occurs when the Vector Configurator can't read a icaos.txt file that's generated by the Auto-Configuration process. Either the Auto-Configuration process failed and never created the icaos.txt file resulting in the error, or the reading of the icaos.txt file failed due to a "lock" existing on the file. 

To determine if it's the former or latter of the above two causes can you run the following steps.

- Run the Auto-Configuration process

- Wait for the error to occur.

- Don't click 'OK'. Leave the error message box open. Clicking 'Ok' will trigger a cleanup.

- Navigate to the directory the Vector Configurator executable file exists at within your File Explorer.

- You should find a \Temp directory within this directory and inside an icaos.txt.

If the icaos.txt file exists, it's possible the file lock hasn't yet been released or some anti-virus is grabbing a lock on the file preventing the Vector Configurator from reading it. If you have anti-virus running, try re-running the Auto Config process with it temporarily disabled.

Let me know how you go. 

No, I don´t have that file in the mentioned temp-folder. Never had this trouble before and nothing else except the update of Global Vector happened, there is nothing blocking the access of the folder. 

Clipboard 13.jpg

I too never had any issues until this new configuration version. I've tried everything suggested in multiple posts and the updates, but I still get the auto-config error. I thought I was alone and going mad, but clearly this is an issue. Hope it gets resolved asap!

I don´t have the mentioned file "icaos.txt" in that temp folder, when I run the elevation tool and leave it open. My folders are shared, never had problems about it, no difference if with or without defender. My log-file is attached. 

The whole flightsim is out of order because of the missing corrections...please fix it or give me back an earlier version that works.

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @ArnyLitheman,

In order to diagnose this issue can you perform the following steps?

- Download the program the generates the icaos.txt file from here: https://web.goog.cdn.orbxdirect.com/software/vector-configurator/AirportFinder.exe

- Down the attached batch script place it in the same folder as the above executable.

- Double click the batch script to start the process.

- Copy and attach the output of the script here in the forum. 

test.bat

Sorry when it takes some time until reaction, I´m a working man. Here´s the output of the batch:

D:\Downloads>cmd /k AirportFinder.exe "p3dv4" "c:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\"
Unhandled exception. IniParser.Exceptions.ParsingException: Duplicate section with name 'Package.0' on line '[Package.0]' while parsing line number 0 with value '' - IniParser version: 2.5.2.0 while parsing line number 11 with value '[Package.0]' - IniParser version: 2.5.2.0
 ---> IniParser.Exceptions.ParsingException: Duplicate section with name 'Package.0' on line '[Package.0]' while parsing line number 0 with value '' - IniParser version: 2.5.2.0
   at IniParser.Parser.IniDataParser.ProcessSection(String line, IniData currentIniData)
   at IniParser.Parser.IniDataParser.ProcessLine(String currentLine, IniData currentIniData)
   at IniParser.Parser.IniDataParser.Parse(String iniDataString)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at IniParser.Parser.IniDataParser.Parse(String iniDataString)
   at IniParser.StreamIniDataParser.ReadData(StreamReader reader)
   at IniParser.FileIniDataParser.ReadFile(String filePath, Encoding fileEncoding)
   at IniParser.FileIniDataParser.ReadFile(String filePath)
   at BetterRunways.ConfigParsers.AddonCfg.AddonConfigParser.Parse(String path)
   at BetterRunways.ConfigParsers.AddonCfg.AddonConfigParser.Parse(IEnumerable`1 paths)
   at BetterRunways.Program.Main(String[] args)

D:\Downloads>

I am no expert but you have two [Package.0] entries.

That is almost certainly what is the matter.

[Package.0]
Path=C:\Aerosoft\Cologne-Bonn Professional
Title=Aerosoft Cologne-Bonn Professional
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[DiscoveryPath.0]
PATH=C:\Users\chrju\Orbx Library\p3dv4
TITLE=Orbx Main Library
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.0]
PATH=C:\Aerosoft\Cologne-Bonn Professional
TITLE=Aerosoft Cologne-Bonn Professional
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

I think it might be a good idea to delete one of them.

Thanks.

I have tried your add-ons.cfg file with the two [Package.0] entries and it causes the same error on my PC.

I have however edited one of them out and now it works as expected.

I attach my edit, which you can use to replace your file for you to try.

It goes into C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and can be allowed to overwrite.

add-ons.cfg

Archived