X Vision "liftgammagain"

olderndirt

39 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

It's a good shot OND but the title baffles me.

In your X Vision 'Shaders' section under 'Post Processing' is 'Gobal Stage Post Processing'.  One of the 'effects' is 'LiftGammaGain' - click it on, 'Renault' recommends all at .097. 

41 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

In your X Vision 'Shaders' section under 'Post Processing' is 'Gobal Stage Post Processing'.  One of the 'effects' is 'LiftGammaGain' - click it on, 'Renault' recommends all at .097. 

26 minutes ago, adambar said:

Fantastic shot! :)

Minor typo ( there's a reason I'm called ole fumble fingers !) . The value I suggested to OND was 0.97 for the r,g,b channels in Liftgammagain.

An easier way to remember Jack is:

Lift = shadows, Gamma = Midtones and Gain = Highlights in a digital image

There's nothing wrong with using values of 0.097 - you just might not like the way it looks:unsure:

(Yes it is Orbx Seattle down there - just hard to tell)

4gOUG6V.jpg

Cheers

Pete

PS - he has it right in his screenshot. Wonderful capture too!!

And do I get the prize for the WORST screenshot ever in the forum :D

32 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Pete, but if lift gamma makes mine look like that I think I’ll pass on it.  :) 

This old fart did indeed make a typo - the value is .97 rather than .097 ( really noticeable on a blood alcohol test).  Jump in Jack - give it a try.  How many bridges did you hit before getting it right - and you're still here :).

45 minutes ago, renault said:

Minor typo ( there's a reason I'm called ole fumble fingers !) . The value I suggested to OND was 0.97 for the r,g,b channels in Liftgammagain.

An easier way to remember Jack is:

There's nothing wrong with using values of 0.097 - you just might not like the way it looks:unsure:

(Yes it is Orbx Seattle down there - just hard to tell)

4gOUG6V.jpg

Cheers

Pete

PS - he has it right in his screenshot. Wonderful capture too!!

And do I get the prize for the WORST screenshot ever in the forum :D

First time I ever screwed up and you caught me - I feel so diminished.  Actually your .097 shot has a lot going for it - nice moon reflections on the plane, convincing night clouds but your ground lighting is a bit weak unless, of course, there's a power outage.

53 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Pete, but if lift gamma makes mine look like that I think I’ll pass on it.  :) 

It looks like that with the wrong values Jack. The right values are 0.97 

Try it - if you don't like it then you can put them back to 1

Think of it as the first bridge you flew under. Lots of tries and then when you did it, you were walking on air :)

Cheers

R

13 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

First time I ever screwed up and you caught me - I feel so diminished.  Actually your .097 shot has a lot going for it - nice moon reflections on the plane, convincing night clouds but your ground lighting is a bit weak unless, of course, there's a power outage.

And it took how many years my friend :rolleyes:

Won't happen again in my life time.  

But I wanna know. What do I get for the worst screenshot posting ever :-[

But you're right the moon reflections does have a certain je nai sais quoi to it 

On 8/28/2019 at 5:01 AM, renault said:

Awesome! Was just tinkering with this in my head i.e. how to adjust shadows and highlights in xVision as I´m used to adjusting these in the post-processing of digital images. 

flavik

Archived