REDEUX - "A few-around-tillamook-oregon-sd-version

renault

Puttering around Tillamook - Not all technology tests are successful

The story of a test .... 

A short while ago I posted a series of screenshots that used a combination of XVision and a Reshade custom LUT (Look Up Table)

Although many of my fellow members commented positively ( and I sincerely appreciate all the comments - thanks!) I ran into significant technical 
issues trying to move the technology forward. The concept is very solid but the implementation ...… :(

So long story short -My experiment with Reshade and LUTs is no more. Issues with the base Vulkan shader technology that Reshade now uses and array manipulation within the gpu meant that in practice I had a CPU fps of 50, a GPU FPS of 60 and a Frame time fps of 17 (actual fps) due to all the additional calculations that were now done in the gpu rather than the cpu. 

It is unfortunately shader dependent (some shaders won't miss a beat, others will simply crater,  dependent on what kind of calculation they do) but my LUT approach is all about array interpolation.  Nuf said ....

So what I have done is to take what I have learned and bring it back into XVision.:)

Along the way I decided to have a look at water and see what I could do. I quite like where I got to - but I appreciate that it will not be to "everyone's cup of tea" but the gradation in shadowing and change in water colour with light/shadow/ distance seems to offer something.  

I plan to update my water note in the tips and techniques section from a while ago and feedback would be appreciated.

So no more techie stuff .... lets go straight from the "V" key and look at a few screenshots all of which are rendered using an XVision preset.

Cheers and thanks!

Renault

Tillamook Gateway airport

bF03i4R.jpg

cJArPkm.jpg

HkiMDVk.jpg

zkNbGnt.jpg

uy826rS.jpg

bfcOx7Y.jpg

RRWp7RK.jpg

em65Bnu.jpg

KtW3FTX.jpg

h6FlRsy.jpg

I8mIeq0.jpg

PY8QnbY.jpg

MKMVgAZ.jpg

qCSm4rT.jpg

ctyWf2X.jpg

Love the colors! Was just thinking yesterday that perhaps the LUT approach was unnecessarily complicated given what results tweaking xVision shaders can give.

But the water... what can I say. I approve :D - it just looks right! Look forward to your insights in a separate post. 

13 hours ago, renault said:

CPU fps of 50, a GPU FPS of 60 and a Frame time fps of 17 (actual fps) due to all the additional calculations

Lo and behold - the “science” of flight simming :wacko::blink:

Archived