What Simulator Is The Picture From?

FalconAF

Could ORBX make it a rule that when pictures posts are made the TITLE of the post includes the SIMULATOR name the pictures are from?  With all the cross-platform scenery available now I have no clue many times what sim the pictures are from, even after opening the post and looking at the pictures.  The poster doesn't even say in the post itself.

Or maybe even better, make SUB FORUMS for pictures from each sim, particularly FSX, P3D, X-Plane, and AF2.  It's just plain frustrating to go looking for say X-Plane pictures and discover you just looked at a post of 10 pictures from P3D.

Just a suggestion.

Hi FalconAF,

Whilst we appreciate your suggestion, I am not sure enforcing a Rule such as the one you have suggested is either appropriate or needed, aside from the "Screenshots must contain Orbx Products Rule" I think the freedom for the customer to share there screenshots and title header is more attractive as long as the basic Rules are followed. 

OK, thanks for your reply.  But what's the difference enforcing a rule that says, "You can't post pictures from other scenery products" and "If you post an ORBX scenery picture, say which flight sim it is from"?

And it's not just the screenshots forum anymore.  The forum is really too hard to navigate for a specific product line now with all the cross-platform releases.  The same thing is happening in the new ORBX Central "support" forum.  There are different support needs for installing/managing ORBX products for P3D vs X-Plane.  I go there to try to find dedicated support for X-Plane and end up reading post after post of P3D user problems that don't apply to my simulator.  And I'm sure P3D users do the same thing reading "Help Me" posts about X-Plane installations that don't apply to P3D.

There really should be separate support forums for ORBX Central P3D, ORBX Central X-Plane, etc.  Even though ORBX Central is "one product" all by itself, it's a total waste of your customer's time (and confusing and frustrating too) having to browse through numerous Central P3D problem posts when they use X-Plane (or vice-versa).  It's like having one single support forum for all the flight simulators you have products for.  A new ORBX user can't help but get totally confused when they read support posts in a single forum that apply to a different flight simulator than they are using.

Just my observations.

You do make some valid points , I will address and show a good example on how Screen shots should start with IMHO :

Adam.PNG.b19f270354ed38381f4625bf76828f3e.PNG

Adam does a great job on giving exact info on the shots he is posting . I had always put my info in the fine print under the title , which sometimes gets missed . I'm going to start to duplicate what Adam does on my Screen Shot post's in the future .

John

You do make some good suggestions, although the topic has somewhat expanded into Support Forums. I personally think if a customer wants to make the effort in explaining the title more thoroughly, go for it I say. But I do fear, some customers will place incorrect screenshots under the wrong Sim screenshot sub forum. If this was looked at to be monitored by Team Members, that is more time taken away from duties such as helping those in need of assistance with Technical Support and not to mention moderation of negative comments that come with it.

However, my superiors may see this post and think its a great idea. Thanks for the ideas FalconAF, you never know what may come of it. 

I am aware that I will be banned for this, as you have done in the past, or you will delete my post, as you have always done in the past ... but So, as you understand from what you say, you don't care about image quality, the beauty of the shots, but advertising your products. is what can be seen from your speeches ...

53 minutes ago, Freccia13 said:

I am aware that I will be banned for this, as you have done in the past, or you will delete my post, as you have always done in the past ... but So, as you understand from what you say, you don't care about image quality, the beauty of the shots, but advertising your products. is what can be seen from your speeches ...

Hopefully you won't be banned mate , I will only speak for myself when I say ; for me my goal with my shots is to sell Orbx scenery . No Orbx , no forum ... Simple as that . :):)

Cheers

John

7 minutes ago, BradB said:

Spero che non sarai bandito amico, parlerò da solo quando dico; per me il mio obiettivo con i miei scatti è quello di vendere scenari Orbx. No Orbx, nessun forum ... Semplice come quello.:):)

Saluti

John

I'm glad you had the courage to admit it. Now let me explain why even bad quality photos are considered fantastic. Congratulations! tell all those who attend the forum that it is just advertising. good boy!

On 8/21/2019 at 5:43 AM, lifejogger said:

I think one screenshot forum for all screenshots, much easier than having to bounce from one forum to another to look at screenshots.

I agree with that for the screenshots forum.  It would just be a good courtesy if the poster would identify what sim the screenshot(s) came from, preferably in the title of the forum post (like BradB indicated) so someone wouldn't have to guess or even open the post if it was pictures from a simulator they didn't want to see (or even own or use).

If the forum mods don't want to enforce something like that, I can understand their reluctance.  But if a user posting the pictures doesn't want to make ALL OTHER USERS lives easier, that in my opinion is a reflection on them then.  We as users should be willing to make all other users lives just as easy as we would like it.

4 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

I agree with that for the screenshots forum.  It would just be a good courtesy if the poster would identify what sim the screenshot(s) came from, preferably in the title of the forum post (like BradB indicated) so someone wouldn't have to guess or even open the post if it was pictures from a simulator they didn't want to see (or even own or use).

If the forum mods don't want to enforce something like that, I can understand their reluctance.  But if a user posting the pictures doesn't want to make ALL OTHER USERS lives easier, that in my opinion is a reflection on them then.  We as users should be willing to make all other users lives just as easy as we would like it.

I've been posting with all the important information.

Archived