One "fine" day over Medford Oregon

Jack Sawyer

Been seeing some people wanting to see Medford Oregon in TE HD, so here's some shots.

It got a little dangerous there but it all ended well.

For a non-Orbx airport this is quite nicely detailed.

6TNMtaK.jpg

w9ytbWi.jpg

I had real weather one with ASXP and I loved the vortex of fog from the prop.

3BHtvrx.jpg

aOQcyQV.jpg

2rrtdhP.jpg

8Ziogx1.jpg

gVEBt4h.jpg

mEForhA.jpg

OQuPvXN.jpg

I thought this was a good idea at the time.

u9v99Sn.jpg

hQyojbB.jpg

Uh oh, sputter....

pIvawYG.jpg

Yikes, I need some halon!

FrWRztk.jpg

Maybe I can glide in on a road.

LvTTQsn.jpg

xOaNgiO.jpg

VkQnCML.jpg

skTsdrM.jpg

Fortunately I have AAA and they sent me some mechanics and fixed me right up.

Hg4dffk.jpg 

:)

3 minutes ago, Chunk said:

Nice landing on the road, Jack!  Is it me, or are there a lot of engine fires in XP?!

Thanks Chunk, yes I agree, there are a lot.  But this is what I like about XP over P3D, if you push the plane too hard this is what happens.  Although going inverted in a TBM 900 for a few seconds makes the mechanic in me very skeptical.

40 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Speechless?  OND, has this ever happened before? You know me, I gotta push the envelope otherwise it'll be stationery :D

The age old question 'ary' or 'ery'.  I like the way you tied 'envelope' to 'stationery' - we're you standing still at the time?

1 minute ago, olderndirt said:

The age old question 'ary' or 'ery'.  I like the way you tied 'envelope' to 'stationery' - we're you standing still at the time?

This was a most deliberate pun in the Martyn style. :)  “ery” = office supplies

2 minutes ago, BradB said:

I gotta push the envelope ...... put out the fire first Jack , it might be a tad bit easier . :blink::rolleyes::o>:(:D  Tremendous shots as always my friend . :):)

Cheers

John

Thanks John, I really wasn't expecting a fire, and I was hoping I could make it back to the airport.  I would have if I could figure out how to slew up like in P3D. I would have slewed up and glided back to the airport.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John, I really wasn't expecting a fire, and I was hoping I could make it back to the airport.  I would have if I could figure out how to slew up like in P3D. I would have slewed up and glided back to the airport.

Yes , how do we slew in XP .... Pete do you know . <_<:unsure::rolleyes::D

John

4 hours ago, Dario said:

Wonderful flight, Jack! I enjoy those fire effects, sometimes it also happens to me. If it began on ground, we could think about preparing a barbecue and make this fire worth. :) 

Thanks Dario, I like them too but I don’t know if the threshold to trigger it might be too low.

Archived