Just Installed TE US Oregon HD using ORBX Central 4

JohnVulcan

As there has been awful lot of brown stuff being heaped onto ORBX Central 4 over in the support forums, I thought in the interests of giving a more balanced picture I'd mention that I've just used Central 4 to install TE US Oregon HD. It not only performed faultlessly,  but with Extraction and Conversion stage running concurrently with the download, they completed only 20 seconds after the download itself completed! It only took an 1hr 30mins to get to this point and then less than 10mins to complete the backup and clean up and the job was done. This is way quicker than FTX Central so my congrats to Ben and the team, and for those still experiencing pain I can only say it will be worth it.

Regards,

John

Many thanks for your kind comments, John :)

We are working hard to resolve all of the issues people currently have with Orbx Central.

I just posted a topic in the Orbx Central Support Forum detailing the changes we've just made to Central, and what we're still working on fixing:

I have similar (good) experience with Orbx Central as John Vulcan. Everything worked like me. Complete installation of the TE US OR scenery went without any problems. I would like to thank the authors of Orbx Central for their excellent work.

cheers

Karoly

But I have a small request. I have stated in my Orbx Cental profile that I am a customer since October 3, 2016. I am actually a user of Orbx products since March 8, 2008. Please correct.

Well thank you.

After a few hick-ups last night , the DL and install of TE-Oregon went well for me . Like OND said 4.06 is a winner . One question - at some point will the old OrbxDirect site be eliminated ? .

Seems like there is a lot of confusion on exactly where to purchase the products now .

Cheers

John

Archived