Global BAse update 1.4.2

RTK1972

FTX Central just installed an Global Base update to 1.4.2 .

Wondering as i cannot see anything that was posted regarding this update and it was little more then 1 GB big..

Can someone give me a hint what the changelog is ?

Thanks, Carsten

1 hour ago, Dieter said:

As far as I know only via ORBX Central!

As long as the updates does nothing more than fixing the issues with ORBX Central, I can live with this. If not... well then...

8 hours ago, aeronauta said:

It install Global by xml and also the ORBX autogen outside P3D...that is why it cannot be migrated..

Jorge

Hi Jorge:

I haven't noticed that and I applied the update to v1.4.2. In your setup could you please give your new location of these files, Global and Autogen?.

Thanks, Ed

13 hours ago, edpatino said:

Hi Jorge:

I haven't noticed that and I applied the update to v1.4.2. In your setup could you please give your new location of these files, Global and Autogen?.

Thanks, Ed

Whwre ever you have your OrbxLibrary mine is D:\OrbxDirect\OrbxLibrary\p3dv4\Global BASE Pack and folders after.

Jorge

Hi all,

As mentioned above, the Global update was to ensure compatibility with the add-on package system.

It also bundles the Global Lights Configurator and all the associated textures.

We would eventually like to show patch notes inside Orbx Central itself, but that will unfortunately have to come at a later time.

There may be a larger-than-expected number of files to download because of how our chunking algorithm works. Furthermore, there may have been invalid files in your base install of Orbx Global BASE that are being repaired by Orbx Central when you perform the update.

We're sorry for the lack of communication regarding this. As always, please let us know if you have any further questions.

7 hours ago, aeronauta said:

Whwre ever you have your OrbxLibrary mine is D:\OrbxDirect\OrbxLibrary\p3dv4\Global BASE Pack and folders after.

Jorge

Anyway, that did not happen here. I have not used the new library system yet due to all the reported issues, and according to ORBX Central my BASE was updated to 1.4.2, and it remains in its original location. The Autogen seems also to remain in its original place.

To me, it seems that you pointed the installer to the new path in your new library by yourself, otherwise how it could end up there?.

Could you check or develop a bit more on this?. Thanks

Cheers, Ed

2 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

We're sorry for the lack of communication regarding this. As always, please let us know if you have any further questions.

I applied the update of the Global BASE to v1.4.2 using ORBX Central. Also, I have not migrated anything yet using the new feature, due to all reported issues everywhere.

My questions are: (1) to where Global BASE v1.4.2 files are going to be installed?. (2) Are they part of an addon-xml or are they going to the scenery.CFG?. Please clarify to check my setup and maybe find an explanation why my terrain display is not correct after installation of ORBX Central.

Thanks, Ed

10 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I applied the update of the Global BASE to v1.4.2 using ORBX Central. Also, I have not migrated anything yet using the new feature, due to all reported issues everywhere.

My questions are: (1) to where Global BASE v1.4.2 files are going to be installed?. (2) Are they part of an addon-xml or are they going to the scenery.CFG?. Please clarify to check my setup and maybe find an explanation why my terrain display is not correct after installation of ORBX Central.

Thanks, Ed

Neither nor. Traditionally (the legacy way of installation) Global BASE are just exchange textures which where overwritten in the /Texture folder of your sim. Thus they don't require either a scenery.cfg entry or an Add-on.xml entry/folder. However, you had to re-install them every time you reinstalled the Contents-module.

That's the way I left it when I switched to ORBX Central 4. I am only going to change this should I have to reinstall the whole sim one day.

Kind regards.

4 minutes ago, pmb said:

Neither nor. Traditionally (the legacy way of installation) Global BASE are just exchange textures which where overwritten in the /Texture folder of your sim. Thus they don't require either a scenery.cfg entry or an Add-on.xml entry/folder. However, you had to re-install them every time you reinstalled the Contents-module.

That's the way I left it when I switched to ORBX Central 4. I am only going to change this should I have to reinstall the whole sim one day.

Kind regards.

Yes, right. I was confused by some comments above.

Thanks, Ed

Archived