Oh joy Oh joy more problems.

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Win 10

Simulator:  P3D v4.5

Screenshot:  

Issue:  I decided NOT to proceed with the new Central4 due to the problems I have had and seeing what is happening to other ORBX customers, I reinstalled Central 3, which appeared to go okay.

Problem now is when I purchase new ORBX  software, it tries to download and install through ORBX 4. I was under the impression hat now I had reverted to Central 3 new purchases would be installed through that platform not Central 4. I have now spent around $80 and have nothing to show for it. I would like somebody at ORBX to rectify this situation. Thank you.

By the way, Control + Shift + L doesn't seem to work

Don 

This! Very much this! ORBX must change this policy asap, and allow FTX Central users to continue to use it as normal. ORBX Central 4 is still in its infancy and not fit for everyone. I've already gone back to FTX Central and I had plans to buy some newly released airports and some Australian ones but can't do that if I'm forced to switch to ORBX Central. Please, ORBX, if you are reading this: do not force FTX Central users to switch to ORBX Central

10 hours ago, Dust2Dust said:

This! Very much this! ORBX must change this policy asap, and allow FTX Central users to continue to use it as normal. ORBX Central 4 is still in its infancy and not fit for everyone. I've already gone back to FTX Central and I had plans to buy some newly released airports and some Australian ones but can't do that if I'm forced to switch to ORBX Central. Please, ORBX, if you are reading this: do not force FTX Central users to switch to ORBX Central

I think our plea's are falling on deaf ears  :banghead:

10 minutes ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

You don't know how lucky you are.

Must be.....I downloaded it, let it do its thing and have not had a single hiccup since.

All I can think of may be the fact that I have only one addon in my system, which is Ultimate Traffic Live.

There is a possible tie in there. (I think)

They will eventually get it fixed.....I'm sure of that.

Just now, lawrence aldrich said:

Must be.....I downloaded it, let it do its thing and have not had a single hiccup since.

All I can think of may be the fact that I have only one addon in my system, which is Ultimate Traffic Live.

There is a possible tie in there. (I think)

They will eventually get it fixed.....I'm sure of that.

I never had a problem with the download or updating the list of airport/scenery, it was only when I made a new purchase it wouldn't install them. Evan after I went back to Central 3, it wants to install through the new Central 4. I get pretty P off when I run into these problems, the idea is to fly not hassle with Dev problems. As dust to dust said, the program needs more Beta time before release.

Don 

Hi Don,

17 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Problem now is when I purchase new ORBX  software, it tries to download and install through ORBX 4.

What do you mean by this? You should still be able to install using FTX Central 3 if it is installed on your machine. Make sure to select the 'FTX Central 3' application instead of Orbx Central.

image.png

If you don't have it installed, you can download it again at orbxdirect.com/ftxcentral

Hi Mitchell,

I have FTX Central 3 Installed. I went back to it after having problems with Central 4. I installed all the updates etc, but when I purchased a couple of new programs - Global buildings for one, ORBX tried to install it with Central 4 and I got the same error message as previous. Don't think I've seen that window you posted where you can select which Central to use.

Regards,

Don 

4 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hi Don,

What do you mean by this? You should still be able to install using FTX Central 3 if it is installed on your machine. Make sure to select the 'FTX Central 3' application instead of Orbx Central.

image.png

If you don't have it installed, you can download it again at orbxdirect.com/ftxcentral

Yes -   where is this “Best match”

I find it hard believe that the problems highlighted are all the fault of the end user. -  or are they?

Either way I,m sticking with FTX Central 3 for now!!!

Yep Mitchell, as bruce e said, where is "best match" 

I've been waiting two days now for some help, the silence from ORBX support is deafening. If I don't get some help today, I'll apply for a refund for the two programs I have purchased that wont download. I tried the manual download and finished up with a screen full of files that I have NO idea what to do with. 

Don

This "Best Match" is only applicable to Windows 10.

If running Win 7, you have to go to "Start"> "Search Programs and Files" and type in "FTX Central 3".

For myself, I'm keeping out of this "Bun Fight" and staying with "FTX Central" until the dust settles.

Chris.

20 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

ORBX tried to install it with Central 4 and I got the same error message as previous.

I don't understand what you mean by this. We don't automatically install anything - the only way an installation begins is if you manually press 'Install' within FTX Central 3 or Orbx Central. If you don't want to use Orbx Central to install a product, open FTX Central 3, select the desired product and then press Install.

6 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

I've been waiting two days now for some help, the silence from ORBX support is deafening. If I don't get some help today, I'll apply for a refund for the two programs I have purchased that wont download.

Hello Don,

1. You have bought Buildings HD.

2. Open FTX Central and navigate to the Buildings HD icon which you will find on the Global Range page.

3. Click on the Buildings HD icon and select install product.

4. When FTX Central has finished installing the product, close it.

Job done, nothing new.

Thanks Nick,

My problem is every time I tried to install it, it automatically went to Central 4 and I got the error message. I just found Central 4 in my Programs & Features and removed it and   have reinstalled FTX Central 3. Now we'll see what happens.

I bought Buildings HD and 10/08 Global Open LC North America ver 1.20

Regards,

Don 

6 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

I don't understand what you mean by this. We don't automatically install anything - the only way an installation begins is if you manually press 'Install' within FTX Central 3 or Orbx Central. If you don't want to use Orbx Central to install a product, open FTX Central 3, select the desired product and then press Install.

Yes I understand that, and even though when I reinstalled Central 3, when I pressed the "install" it went to Central 4 and tried to install it. Anyway don't worry, I got it  sorted out with NICK 

I had an issue where 3 wasn't seeing items that I had purchased but logging out and in fixed that, not the same as your issue, maybe try to uninstall V4, not that there should be an issue as I run both with no problens

13 hours ago, SCooke said:

I had an issue where 3 wasn't seeing items that I had purchased but logging out and in fixed that, not the same as your issue, maybe try to uninstall V4, not that there should be an issue as I run both with no problens

Thanks for the suggestion. I had uninstalled Central 4 and the only way I could get FTX Central 3 was to opt out of ORBX altogether and reselect it. 

22 hours ago, Chris.D said:

This "Best Match" is only applicable to Windows 10.

If running Win 7, you have to go to "Start"> "Search Programs and Files" and type in "FTX Central 3".

For myself, I'm keeping out of this "Bun Fight" and staying with "FTX Central" until the dust settles.

Chris.

Hi Chris, where on Win 10 can I find that "best match", looked but can't locate it.

Don

Archived