How do I get back to version 3 please?

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  P3Dv4.5

Screenshot:  

Issue:  P3D scenery.cfg file totally messed up. P3D does not load anymore. I wish to reinstate version 3

As per title, I realise this version 4 is not ready for release and did a lot of damage to what was a perfectly working sim, and I also realise that all these issues cannot be fixed in a few days, but more probably a few weeks during which my sim wont be usable, so I simply wish to return to version 3 and want to know how to do that without risking a full P3D re-install which would take a week to accomplish. Please guide me through this and  am sure it will be appreciated by many until to fix the numerous issues of your new version.

At the present time, my issues are:

1. Scenery.cfg file is out of order in every sense of that word
  2. P3D wont load a scenario and get stuck on 70% Loading Auto generated scenery
  3. The EFB Aivlasoft database builder gets stuck on ORBX sceneries and cannot complete its analysis, hence the EFB is unusable
  4. The ORBX Global Vector Elevation Sub is shown as a wrong path 
  5. NO airport elevations are modified by Vectors, I understand there are works around, available but this is for you to offer them within your product, not for the client to do the work for you
  6. There is no proper documentation to understand the new priorities set by your new version, so as a result one is left to trial and error

Kindly indicate a step by step return to version 3 please and deactivation of all new version 4 changes so as to avoid conflicts.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jean-Claude

central.log

Same Here !!

When I Start my Prepar3D4.5 it takes 2-3 min. to Start !  Before it took Only max 30 sec. :(

Plus  Some Other Issues … Lost of Autogen in Some Airports , FTX Vector tool, does not recognize my addons !! 

I am sure there are Other issues as well !

Mike

Same here.  Having a faster download, a back up and different libraries would certainly be good ideas. But this tool  create a mess for previous users. Here is my experience:

First of all it’s very annoying to click each item your own individually and migrate it to a new library. In P3D you then have to click okay for each add-on again  However that’s just a matter of convenience and you would normally have to do it only once. 

I then had tens of double entries in my scenery library, which I had to unload when stating P3D( Central didn’t clean out the previous entries). Thanks to Lorby-si add-on manager I got rid of them. 

The mess in the scenery library sequence remains.  

Most important my P3Dv4 is almost unusable and stuck at 70 to 74%. for 15 minutes and more (even when only having a few scenes in AUS selected active).

I am using Windows 10 64 and Prepared version 4.5 HF1 

central.log

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

is this perhaps because the new system has added back every one of your products,

so that they are all loading at once?

Could you kindly elaborate on that Nick, I dont follow the reasoning, in my case P3Dv4.5 scenario loading virtually stops at 70% for ever. When I migrated all my products, although they were shown as installed, there was still a download of the same for each of them, so where have these gone? Earlier this afternoon, I tried to resolve a few issues but could not, for example, when checking the files of Vector, it re-downloaded the product once more...! Why?

When looking at my Add-on organiser, it tells me that the path to ORBX Global Vector Elevation Sub is wrong, in fact this folder is empty.

When using my EFB Aivlasoft database builder, it stops on FTXAA YMML, when I disable the scenery, it then stops again at ORBX "Package 51" whatever that is?!... I cant resolve this. So EFB is unusable.

We still have no notion of what is a good well prioritised ORBX scenery.cfg file, for example ORBX Libraries Global and ORBX Libraries Lookup go to the top whereas they are not supposed to go above my FSAD files according to my settings... Is this normal or not, I have hundreds airport add-ons above why would the ORBX file mix up with them when they are limited to what I defined in Settings?

All this is terribly confusing and frustrating as I cant imagine that Beta testers did not catch any of these! At this time my sim is unusable, hence my wish to go back to version 3, but how not to make a bad situation worse?

On 8/7/2019 at 10:00 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Sherman,

is this perhaps because the new system has added back every one of your products,

so that they are all loading at once?

I find that if I do that, it also takes a very long time indeed to load P3D v4.

Hi Nick,

currently traveling. I will check things again when home. Thanks.

sherm 

Like Jean-Claude, I cannot understand what is going on, not only complex sceneries take ages to load in the scenario process (some in excess of 20 minutes with a 8700 K), but I also now get blurries when on approach, ORBX textures are simply not loaded fast enough, whereas before that with version 3, that never ever happened.

Interesting to note that no developer bothered to reply to this post with any indication as to whether this is under review or not!

So this product is simply not ready for release and causes a lot of grief to many people as we trusted ORBX and were paid in return by a botched job! Very sorry but I wont be caught twice in the future.

Yeah, I'm out too. Wasting time cleaning up my P3D and reverting back to Central 3. Central 4 made a mess of my library, and shortly thereafter discovered a myriad of elevation issues everywhere including Whangeraei and Gisborne with AUSv2, never having had a problem there before. Also P3D startup is way too slow with the xml method. 

Liked the new layout but...no. 

Hi Nick and all others on this thread, I am home and did what appears to be a normal reinstallation of FTX CENTRAL C V 3.3.9.2.  As I type this, I am going through the migration process. I will report on P3D performance as it relates or not to FTX subsequently in the next day or two.

Sherm

Archived