FTX Central & Orbx Central

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  P3D v4.5

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Hi

I quit from Orbx Central, I simply can't stand the mess it causes in my sim, I can't fly in too many places

I'm going back to FTX Central but I have some questions

01.- When I start to install FTX Central would it ask me too if I want to uninstall Orbx Central?

02.- Or should I install FTX Central and then uninstall Orbx Central?

03.- Would FTX Central moved back all files migrated ?

04.- If none of the above then do I have to install all again?

04.- Once Orbx Central is working properly are we forced to use it and migrate all again or can we chose between FTX and Orbx Centrals?

Thank you

Carlos

On 8/3/2019 at 3:30 PM, carlosqr said:

01.- When I start to install FTX Central would it ask me too if I want to uninstall Orbx Central?

No, Orbx Central replaces FTX Central.

02.- Or should I install FTX Central and then uninstall Orbx Central?

FTX Central 3 will corrupt ObjectFlow and cause issues with products installed via Orbx Central. You can leave both installed, but issues will occur.

03.- Would FTX Central moved back all files migrated ?

No, FTX Central only understands products installed the traditional way (into P3D/ORBX).

04.- If none of the above then do I have to install all again?

You don't need to install your products again unless you want them in P3D/ORBX and working how they've traditionally worked.

04.- Once Orbx Central is working properly are we forced to use it and migrate all again or can we chose between FTX and Orbx Centrals?

FTX Central 3 will be phased out and have its support end in the future. It will be completely replaced by Orbx Central.

it told me to uninstall ftx central 3 so i clicked yes, thats fine right? and also I dont seem to see object flow anywhere now..the addon.xml is present in p3d addons but the path is not there which leads to objectflow..there are no such folders..so should i delete objectflow addons xml ?

Well then why did orbx add a pop up which came up after i installed orbx central stating that i need to uninstall ftx central to avoid conflicts..anyone would click "yes" and let it uninstall ftx central imo..also I am able to use global lights config..the rest of mentioned addons I dont use

I'm gonna hold off updating until this stuff get figured out.  I'd be mad if some of the airport I paid for don't migrate over. 

Also, Perhaps Orbx can make up a tutorial on installation and what is expected to happen with the new Central would help some anxiety. 

Thanks,

Clarity needed please. No where, including the manual, does it specify if FTX Central will automatically update to the new version. No where (that I can find) does it state what the install or uninstall first option should be ...do I uninstall?....maybe its just me, if so apologies, I must of missed the instructions somewhere, but I am not sure how to proceed. Some guidance would be appreciated. 

Thank you

Mark

Hello,

FTX Central will not update to Orbx Central.

Orbx Central is not an update but a completely new version, that's why it has a new name.

When you start Orbx Central, it will ask you if you wish to uninstall FTX Central.

It will continue to ask you every time that you open it.

The choice is yours but you cannot use them both together.

wow this is to much grief I'm reading I'm sticking with ftx central till orbx puts in solid install instructions into the orbx central user guide they put up because I too read it from top to bottom, saw nothing about proper instructions or guide lines to follow to get in and not mess up your massive investment of scenery we have bought from them, so its not going in till I absolutely have to do it, hopefully all these issues am reading about will be worked out, kinda thinking orbx jumped the gun on this

Way too many unexplained imponderables at the moment for me to proceed.

One obvious one is  :-   If FTX Central and Orbx Central cannot co-exist ..... why would you NOT want to uninstall FTX Central prior to installing Orbx Central.  Certainly precise instructions on how to proceed are required, or the forums will be flooded with support requests from people who have managed to screw up their installations. It certainly does not need much of a wrong step to get things out of whack.

Can one who has a hybrid setup of inside and outside installations simply uninstall FTX Central, install Orbx Central, continue flying as usual and slowly move things outside as time permits to end up with a nice ordered setup with all addons outside. I am a tad confused, as it seems are others.

This all looks good, but the path to final bliss appears a bit rocky.

Cheers.

Hi

I think the most important thing to mention here, is that Orbx Central is not ready yet.

It is in Beta (TESTING) phase, so t is up to us if we move to it or not at this stage. But I think the best thing to do is to wait until is it proved it works to perfection

I took the decision to go for it, but in my case I had a lot of issues for which I decided to install again FTX Central.

I spent Saturday, Sunday and today installing all again, just about to finish.  Left the big ones for the last:

6pfkyTO.jpg

So Orbx is not forcing us to go for Orbx Central as this stage, it is up to us if we go for it or not. When it is officially ready we would have to move to it in time. Though the application is great, friendly and looks really nice.

I think I suffered the issues because they are working on it, changing, updating and improving, and as I flight so much I think I suffered the issues, for example this is my Narvik at some stage with Orbx Central

BludwPf.jpg

This made me go back as I am not patient and get irritated very easily

So my advice is to hold until it is officially announced as ready to go. Orbx has been cleared in saying it is at Beta phase.

Cheers to all

Carlos

Hello Mitchell

Thank you for your reply, I do appreciate it but I still have a doubt

You said:

FTX Central 3 will corrupt ObjectFlow and cause issues with products installed via Orbx Central. You can leave both installed, but issues will occur.

I installed everything back, spent three days doing so, as my intention is to continue using FTX Central until the last moment allowed.

I am thinking in deleting the folder created by Orbx Central, totally, this would leave my sim only with FTX Central and its files right in the root of my sim and I believe P3D will simply create a new scenery.cfg file with the data from FTX Central when I run it. Am I right in thinking and doing so?

Of course I will set FTX Central as before with the Object flow, insertion points etc.

I am planning to delete the folder created by Orbx Central before launching P3D for it to erase everything that was added by this method, close it and then run FTX Central and then P3D

Would this be Ok? 

Based on your reply in #4 I think I'm doing it the right way but just want to be totally sure as this is driving me crazy and don't want to mess it up more, pls.

Thank you

Carlos

Just now, Mitchell Williamson said:

HI Carlos,

If you only install products with FTX Central 3 and remove things installed with Orbx Central, then it should work as it always did.

Thank you so much!!

Regards

Carlos

Archived