Green roofs at KSAN

I've had this problem since KSAN was released.

I can spawn a plane there and the roofs are fine as shown here.

nn7Yqyw.jpg

But when I get away from the airport and come back the roofs are green.  And no matter how long I sit to see if they'll draw they don't as shown below.

So it works part of the time and then it doesn't work.

HQanZIq.jpg

l7rYHP1.jpg

VqsHjFi.jpg

I contacted @Ken Hall and he asked me to post in the support forum.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Jack :)

I remember this problem in the community screenshots section, it seems to me that you told me that you had solved it but apparently it is not. First is a very weird problem i have never seen something like this.

now you can try to copy and paste the attachments file to KSAN/texture folder. If the problem remains I can suggest before do other tries to completely uninstall and re-install the scenery. Make sure to don't have any residual files before the new installation.

Cheers;

ROOF3.dds ROOF3_lm.dds

16 minutes ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi Jack :)

I remember this problem in the community screenshots section, it seems to me that you told me that you had solved it but apparently it is not. First is a very weird problem i have never seen something like this.

now you can try to copy and paste the attachments file to KSAN/texture folder. If the problem remains I can suggest before do other tries to completely uninstall and re-install the scenery. Make sure to don't have any residual files before the new installation.

Cheers;

ROOF3.dds 2.67 MB · 0 downloads ROOF3_lm.dds 2.67 MB · 0 downloads

Hi Matteo, I can try this and I will but what’s odd is when I place an aircraft there I have normal roofs, but if I fly say 30 - 40 miles out and come back they’re green.

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Matteo, I can try this and I will but what’s odd is when I place an aircraft there I have normal roofs, but if I fly say 30 - 40 miles out and come back they’re green.

Yes is very weird, i don't have an idea at the moment. Before do some other test try how i have suggested :) In this case the best road to take is to go by exclusion.

Cheers

1 minute ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Yes is very weird, i don't have an idea at the moment. Before do some other test try how i have suggested :) In this case the best road to take is to go by exclusion.

Cheers

Thanks Matteo, what am I excluding?

1 hour ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

I mean excluding first the more obvius problem, so texture replace and if the problem persist do a full new installation. As i have suggested.

And this flight was after a full new install.  So I’m lost.

19 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Below is a topic and yes it will mess up ENVTEX which may be causing your problem, so I would also deactivate it for troubleshooting.

https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/kb/articles/rebuild-p3d-shaders

Well that was a huge mistake.  Now the sim runs but I have no scenery at all, just these diagonal flickering lines of green, black, and white.

First thing I did was restore the shaders with ENVTEX, then did as Elaine said, but I backed up the P3D cig file and the sanders folder to the desktop first.

Now I have a hot mess.

And one more thing I need to mention, this KSAN issue was happening with PTA, long before ENVTEX.

So now I’m frustrated and lost.  I have to try to restore those shaders and I could have lived with the green roof which was intermittent anyway, I mean it’s not always green.  Only when I fly into KSAN from a distance.  If I spawn a plane there the roofs are normal.

Rebuilding shaders is normally a harmless routine concept, I do it all the time while using PTA...but I have never nor will I ever use ENVTEX. So allowing the sim to rebuild it's default shaders and maybe doing a "Verify Files" of the product should produce a PTA and ENVTEX free image.

Just now, Doug Sawatzky said:

Rebuilding shaders is normally a harmless routine concept, I do it all the time while using PTA...but I have never nor will I ever use ENVTEX. So allowing the sim to rebuild it's default shadrers and doing maybe doing a "Verify Files" of the product should produce a PTA and ENVTEX free image.

I spent a very long time trying to let it rebuild but it never did, I has this hideous flickering image.  ENVTEX wasn’t even in play as I disabled it.

So I restored the shaders from the backup I made and am going to live with the green/normal roofs.  They’re normal when I start but when I arrive they’re not.

And I don’t know why you don’t like ENVTEX, I used to like PTA but to each his own I reckon, thanks for your help Doug, I really appreciate you taking the time to help.

1 minute ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Maybe because I have seen and replied to so many topics where it was the cause of problems. :)

Thanks, I see.  Well I restored the shaders and have the sim back.  But ENVTEX is disabled.  Same problem at KSAN and Canberra CityScape with those seven black buildings.  I'm just going to have to live with it, I think it's impossible to have a perfect sim and out of the tens of thousands of PC's no two people have the same settings, add-ons, and specs.

Doug, I used Windows’ Control Panel to completely uninstall ENVTEX.  But I don’t know if the shaders are from it or not.

I say this because when I delete that Shaders folder per Elaine and I run the sim the screen is flashing so rapidly I thought I would have a seizure.  I even turned off the monitor for 30 minutes and when I turned it back on it was still going crazy.  No matter what I do it won’t rebuild the shaders without going nuts like I describe.

So here’s what I did in order.

1) Made a backup of the P3D shader folder where Elaine says it is.

2) Restored the shaders and disabled ENVTEX.

3) Deleted the Shaders folder and had that flashing insanity.

4) Uninstalled ENVTEX completely.

5) Ran CCcleaner

6) Rebooted

7) Deleted that Shaders folder and had that flashing insanity again.

#8) Replaced the Shaders folder with the one I had originally saved before doing what Elaine said to do just in case.

9) Ran P3D.

10) No flashing.

11) Made an A2A Bonanza flight from KAVX to KSAN and the roofs were normal.

So as it stands now I’m not 100% sure I have ENVTEX’s shaders in that Shaders folder but ENVTEX is no longer on the PC.

BUT, if I delete that Shaders folder I get that flickering business really bad, it’s awful.

Don’t know what else I can say or do.

And thanks for your help.

Just now, Doug Sawatzky said:

Sorry Jack, I have no idea what the flashing insanity is all about, I have never heard of that before.

I don’t know how to make a video and don’t have the time to learn.

It’s a bunch of lines, brown, green, white, and black, and they’re all flashing rapidly.  When she from overhead view it looks like it’s the trees causing it.  You can see in overhead the four sided tree segments flickering all about rapidly so seen from the cockpit it looks like those colors I described.  But I think in the sim it’s the tree textures cause the flashing and it won’t go away.

It’s a good thing I saved my Shaders folder before I deleted it.

But like I asked, I’m wondering if this Shader folder I’m using has ENVTEX textures in it.  And if I delete that Shaders folder and run P3D I get that flashing business.

I no longer have ENVTEX installed and I don’t need it because I’m getting my sky colors from ASCA.

This is the most bizarre thing I have ever seen in any Orbx scenery.  I just took off in Aerosoft’s A319 and the roofs were perfect, but I then  flew 30 miles away and came back and landed and the roofs are green.  So I know they can be normal, they’re just not normal when I fly to KSAN from anywhere.

EDIT:  Just going have to live with it. :banghead:

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

So I just reloaded KSAN and I’m parked at a gate and the roofs are perfectly normal.  Is something here not making the required call when I get near the airport from a distance?  Just curious.

Hi Jack,

I'm sorry you couldn't solve. From what I read in this topic it seems a problem due to shaders.  The airport model has nothing to do with what it seems. But if you want i can make a check, so please send me this model, you can find under Ksan/scenery folder " KSAN_V2-TERMINAL_p3dv4 ". Anyway i'm sure the problem is due to shader. Anyway I can suggest to try to use p3d from the original ie without any program that changes the colors etc like pta, envetex etc and see if everything is going normal. So disable everything and also use a full new default shader for p3d, by doing like in this tutorial: https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/kb/articles/rebuild-p3d-shaders. When you are sure all is as original setting try to see if the green roofs are still present, if all is good, start to install you old add-on like envetx, pta and see which one are causing the problem.

I have not more ideas, but i'm sure if you use p3d with default setting the roofs are normal.

Matteo, while I second in general what you say regarding those shader tweaks, I think this is not the problem in this case. I dont use and have never used such tweaks, but Im also sseing this issue.

I'll give the files you've posted a try later to see if it mproves anything.

4 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi Jack,

I'm sorry you couldn't solve. From what I read in this topic it seems a problem due to shaders.  The airport model has nothing to do with what it seems. But if you want i can make a check, so please send me this model, you can find under Ksan/scenery folder " KSAN_V2-TERMINAL_p3dv4 ". Anyway i'm sure the problem is due to shader. Anyway I can suggest to try to use p3d from the original ie without any program that changes the colors etc like pta, envetex etc and see if everything is going normal. So disable everything and also use a full new default shader for p3d, by doing like in this tutorial: https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/kb/articles/rebuild-p3d-shaders. When you are sure all is as original setting try to see if the green roofs are still present, if all is good, start to install you old add-on like envetx, pta and see which one are causing the problem.

I have not more ideas, but i'm sure if you use p3d with default setting the roofs are normal.

Hi Matteo,

1) The file is below.

2) I tried deleting the shaders but that doesn't help.

3) If I spawn a plane there the roofs are fine.

4) If I fly the same plane away from KSAN to 30 miles away and return then the roofs are green.

KSAN_V2-TERMINAL_p3dv4.BGL

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Matteo,

1) The file is below.

2) I tried deleting the shaders but that doesn't help.

3) If I spawn a plane there the roofs are fine.

4) If I fly the same plane away from KSAN to 30 miles away and return then the roofs are green.

KSAN_V2-TERMINAL_p3dv4.BGL 5.16 MB · 0 downloads

Hi Jack, 

I have checked the file, all seems ok. I have also used your file to do KAVX-KSAN and i do not see green roof, sorry :(  

Anyway i have re-compiled the file just to be sure, try to copy the attached file to KSAN/Scenery.

I have no more ideas at the moment, the only advice I have now to give you is to try p3d with all the basic settings without external add-ons and see if the problem persists.

1.jpg

2.jpg

KSAN_V2-TERMINAL_p3dv4.BGL

Hi Matteo, I’ll try this when I get home, but I have to ask again,

Why is it ok when I start there but if I fly 30 miles away and come back it’s not ok?

It ONLY happens when I come BACK to the airport.

sorry to keep asking this one question 

29 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Why is it ok when I start there but if I fly 30 miles away and come back it’s not ok?

Yes, i don't know sincerely, i have no ideas, i have never seen something like this and it doesn't make sense to me, I can't find the reason at the moment. in my opinion could worth the effort to try to do a full new p3d installation. if I have not read wrong you also have other problems of black buildings with other scenery or am I wrong?

6 minutes ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Yes, i don't know sincerely, i have no ideas, i have never seen something like this and it doesn't make sense to me, I can't find the reason at the moment. in my opinion could worth the effort to try to do a full new p3d installation. if I have not read wrong you also have other problems of black buildings with other scenery or am I wrong?

Thanks Matteo, I know it must be frustrating.  I’m ok with it as there’s plenty of Orbx airports on my system.

35 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Try with this last thing, copy and paste these texture in KSAN/texture folder also, i have saved them in DTX5 maybe could help

ROOF3.dds ROOF3_lm.dds

2 minutes ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

ok use this, put it in KSAN/SCENERY folder. This problem is a nightmare :P

anyway at the moment i don't have any other ideas sorry :(

KSAN_V2-TERMINAL_p3dv4.BGL 5.16 MB · 0 downloads

Hi Matteo, I think this nightmare might be over :).

When I had no buildings I quit P3D and went to Central and Verified Files.

Ran P3D, used a complex plane, and flew 100 miles away.

Flew back, landed, and the roofs were perfectly normal!

Maybe it just needed a Verify Files?

Anyway, I hope this is fixed, and I think it might be because this was 100% reproducible.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Matteo, I think this nightmare might be over :).

When I had no buildings I quit P3D and went to Central and Verified Files.

Ran P3D, used a complex plane, and flew 100 miles away.

Flew back, landed, and the roofs were perfectly normal!

Maybe it just needed a Verify Files?

Anyway, I hope this is fixed, and I think it might be because this was 100% reproducible.

this is fantastic! Very happy to hear this. :) I still have no idea the reason of the problem but i'm glad now has been solved.

Archived