Australia v2 - Ayers Rock

Bert Groner

Gentlemen, good day!

Thanks to Orbx for providing the really huge scenery Australia v2 going "back to the very early roots"...

Everything seems to be fine but the holy mountain Ayers Rock is not: While on approach I can see a rock in the distance but I guess it's the default model. Coming closer a second mountain (for sure Orbx' handmade model) appears over the default model. Coming even closer this one "sit's down" on the ground. While flying from the rock this is to be seen vice versa.

Can anyone help in this case please?

Thanks a lot in advance - best regards!

Bert

AyersRock.jpg

"""I don't use Holgermesh, but FS Global 2010"""

I have this mesh, too, but I'm not really convinced if this gives a better representation of the landscape.

The new AU2 includes an excellent mesh, so any additional mesh is not necessary (in my opinion)

Honestly not, Dieter, but if either FS Global 2010 or AU Holgermesh are causing the "double" Ayers Rock there must be a solution. Unfortunately I didn't find it yet. So I hope the developers will provide it soon.

Best regards!

Bert

This is new to me: So far I have always heard you can leave all mesh installed, the simulator will take the most detailed one for the specific area.

This is the first time I hear we have do deactivate a part of a mesh in order to have a scenery properly working.

My suggestion is to have this in a configurator (and in a manual) for those stupid pilots like me... :blink: ?!

I have not made a study of Ayers Rock or Uluru in the simulator, but applying logic and common sense,

if adding another mesh causes an anomaly that is not there if the product's mesh is used, then the flight

simulator is using the addon mesh and it needs to be disabled.

Good morning, Nick!

I should not be a solution to deactivate a whole continent from a global mesh add on to solve the Uluru issue.

And, which is the most important thing here: AU Holgermesh and (!) FS Global 2010 are causing it even if installed as single meshes without the other one. As far I know both FS Global 2010 an AU Holgermesh utilising LOD 9 (76 meters) each.

Solution for FS Global 2010:

Deactivate the File

DX082041.bgl

within

...\FSG2010\OCE\Scenery

to solve the Uluru issue. On my machine this works - not (!) using AU Holgermesh in addition.

I kindly ask Holger Sandmann (...thanks for your freeware, Holger!) to have a look at AU Holgermesh to solve the issue here as well.

Best regards!

Bert

Hello,

AU Australia did not include a mesh element.

For this reason, Holgermesh was provided free of charge, intended to be used with AU Australia.

Australia version 2 does include a mesh element and as in all other regions that do, all the other

features are tailored to match that mesh. It does not need a third party mesh product.

High-quality mesh, with high-resolution LIDAR data for the majority of the eastern/southern seaboard, major cities and Tasmania

That is how regions work.

If a customer chooses to then add a third party mesh or use Holgermesh that is designed for another

product and there are unintended consequences, the solution for the customer is to decide whether to

keep on using the product that they introduced and which is causing the problem, or whether to use

the product as it was intended to be used.

Apparently we are not understanding each other at all.

Regrettably, I had taken my advice from the experience of another customer and

it would appear that it is specific to his own experience and not a general solution.

However, having now made some tests myself, I am unable to replicate your screen shot unless I

first disable the Australia v2 mesh, FTXAUv2_07_MESH

Here are my results.

1. Australia v2 installed and all elements active, no third party mesh product active - Uluru correct.

2. Australia v2 installed and FTXAUv2_07_MESH inactive, no third party mesh product active - Uluru correct.

3. Australia v2 installed and FTXAUv2_07_MESH inactive, Holgermesh installed and active - Uluru floating

4. Australia v2 installed and FTXAUv2_07_MESH inactive, Fs Global 2010 active - Uluru floating

5. Australia v2 installed and FTXAUv2_07_MESH inactive, Fs Global 2010 and Holgermesh active - Uluru floating

6. Australia v2 installed and all elements active, Holgermesh and/or Fs Global 2010 installed and active - Uluru correct

Inescapable conclusion: Holger, the master of all things mesh, has made the Australia v2 mesh so that if it is

active in the scenery library, it will over ride other meshes and make Uluru appear correctly.

1.jpg

3.jpg

I'm intrigued and confused by this thread.

I installed AU v2 and forgot to disable Holgermesh ... so I got that problem. After disabling Holger's mesh all is fine ... so my question is why does anyone need Holger's mesh at all - if the inbuilt v2 mesh is doing it's job? I respect Holger's work greatly - and his contribution to the FS world has been immense - but I'm not sure why this is his problem <?>.

If I were a new P3D user and ORBX AUv2 buyer - and wasn't trying to get all sorts of old/disparate sceneries (from other vendors) to play ball, I'd be perfectly happy.

Or am I missing something (not unknown!!!)?

I was going to post some really sweet pics I took of v2 Uluru, but I'm not sure how they'd go down!!! :lol:

BTW - I left FSGlobal Oceania as it was and had no problem.

If you remain with Australia V1 you will need to install Holgermesh or a 3rd party mesh as AUv1 does not have its own mesh.

If you install Australia V2, you do not need Holgermesh as AUv2 has it’s own mesh. This included mesh in AUv2 is a significant improvement on the old Holgermesh. Holgermesh will need to be removed if you have AUv2 installed.

Hi everyone!

Nick has spent a long time for us to line that out: Thanks a lot!

Maybe there are "individual" solutions needed: If someone has no mesh (for Oceania) active there is no further action reqiured as Australia v2 contains an own mesh: "High-quality mesh, with high-resolution LIDAR data for the majority of the eastern/southern seaboard, major cities and Tasmania". If someone like me uses FS Global 2010 he or she might (!) have to deactivate DX082041.BGL as I've found out before - no need in this case to use AU Holgermesh.

Give it a try - Australia v2 is great!

Bert

Archived