AU Australia v2

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

this what the user guide suggests.

Global Vector Australia checkbox

If you are using Orbx Global Vector along with FTX Australia v1 you needed to set its “I have FTX Australia” checkbox active, which deactivated a number of incompatible Global Vector files. Technically, this is no longer required as Australia v2 now fully excludes all scenery/landscape components at lower display priority in the scenery library menu. Still, we recommend you leave it checked.

Thx Nick, so I leave it as checked.

Btw.

Fresh install of v2. Before install I uninstalled v1 with sucess I think.

Near Alice Springs airport (default, without addons here):

0PIwIHcm.jpg ilk6Zbum.jpg

Black square also.

I haven't installed Aus V2 yet, as I read these postings it seems there are a few issues people are having, I would just like to know if I should wait a bit as I think Holger has come up with a fix but not released yet or would I be good to go, been looking forward to this release but there seems to be a few teething problems.

Regards Rod.

14 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Extract from your scenery.cfg file.

1.jpg

Please remove your scenery.cfg file and try the one I have attached instead.

I have also disabled the traffic global entry at the bottom of the library.

Please don't re-enable it until you have Australia v2 working.

scenery.cfg 47.29 kB · 2 downloads

Nick - All Fixed! deleted those files and used your scenery.cfg, although I don't understand how mixed up my ORBX installation had become when I only use FTX Central to install/remove ORBX scenery. I any case a big thanks, I have just ordered a virtual beer for you from the bar in appreciation. BTW AUv2 looks incredible.

Steve

Latest views from Alice Springs.

2019-6-21_8-13-15-131.jpg

2019-6-21_8-13-26-578.jpg

9 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks Yoyo,

I'll report that, I see it too and that its texture changes as you move towards and away from it.

No problem, Im glad that I can help a little ;).

btw.

Yesterday's trip. I noticed also strange triangles near YGTN from distance

XKHTsyVm.jpg

but when I was close was ok, please see this:

JRY1gXtm.jpg

Textures for me looks ok.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 6:04 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Extract from your scenery.cfg file.

1.jpg

Please remove your scenery.cfg file and try the one I have attached instead.

I have also disabled the traffic global entry at the bottom of the library.

Please don't re-enable it until you have Australia v2 working.

scenery.cfg 47.29 kB · 7 downloads

G'day Nick. I see that you indicated these folders however I also notice that you selected 'FTXAU38_CUSTOM' (line 67) which is part of the Australia v1 files. So Is that meant to be retained or an oversight/error as I no longer have that in my folders ?

• 3 weeks later...

Is it just random areas for each user, or specific locations? I had no issues flying around any of the major cities, including Melbourne, let out a sigh of relief after reading these threads, and settled into the area around Kununurra and Wyndham to do much of my flying. No black areas at all. I decided to fly out of Cessnock (not the Orbx addon) this morning, and there were large areas of black right beside the runway. The whole area seems to be affected. Default Maule, clean install of P3D 4.5, never reinstalled Australia 1, and I don't have Vector, Global, or other addons. I went back to Kununurra, and everything was fine.

• 3 months later...
47 minutes ago, mwa05 said:

Gents, 4 months on, is there a service pack due? The original issue is still not fixed. 

Mark

I think the original issue should be looked at, yes.  I just checked the area and there are a number of small areas of missing textures and morphing behaviour.

We'll raise the issue internally hopefully one of the gurus will know how to fix it.

Archived