ORBX SOCAL

once again i find myself in the forums over this region particularly LA 

im clocked at 4.5ghzat unlimited and my average fps is 20 lol

i checked my cpu usage in hwmonitor and its never at 100% 

i upgraded to a rtx 2080 thinking my gtx 970 was bottlenecking me but no

obviously we all know its the amount of autogen but is there any reason why this area is so heavy even tho my cpu usage is normal?

any ideas? even with all traffic at zero im stuck at 20 fps

SOCAL is a real FPS-eater. With all the sliders right I'm getting 14 FPS with 45% CPU and 60% GPU. I too have a GTX 970 and the CPU is at 4.6GHz. The only thing you can do is turn down the details. Why that is so I have no idea. What you see is normal...................

7 hours ago, Doc_Z said:

What are you flying?  A complex aircraft (PMDG, A2A, FSL) or a very fast one (F-22) can slow scenery loading.

well i like testing with aircraft that have g1000 cuz the g1000 is an fps killer so i tested out with the corvalis, im sure with better optimized aircraft ill gain more fps 

but actually i figured it out i just have to turn down autogen all the way to normal and draw distance to high or medium. so somehow even tho the cpu isnt being fully utilized at all times autogen is still impacting fps thats what i got out of this. now im hovering around the 25-30 which is smooth for this area and this is with road traffic and air traffic at 10 which is pretty sweet so i hope this helps some of you out there. the 4790k just isnt capable enough its to time to upgrade to the newer ones so they can handle the autogen 

Archived