Departing Bundaberg, YBUD, over Ausv1

macca22au

You're right Aussieflyer,  I have been playing with the Carenado ATR with the F1GTN 750.  But as I am determined to land the Dash 8  properly  I have returned to the Dash with its weak wing effect that leads to so many heavy landings (or too short if I let the speed drop).

Jack, I only have a tincture of Scotch a day, and I am finding my beloved reds too hard on my stomach.  Sorry to sound posh, but French Chablis is about right for my delicate digestion.  I thought when I grew old I would be free to drink anything, but my innards grew old too.

20 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

These look great, I'd love to try some of that but all I drink is wine now, no more hard stuff.

Me too Jack, can't stomach a red without regrets:( so drinking mainly Chardonnay these days and sparingly - damn!

1 minute ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Me too Jack, can't stomach a red without regrets:( so drinking mainly Chardonnay these days and sparingly - damn!

Sorry to hear Don.  Yeah, my adult beverage consumption has decreased dramatically.  An Amstel Light now and again is ok but sparingly.

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I know, I'll be 60 in July and not looking forward to it.  I'm fit and hike a lot but feeling it though :unsure:

I've racked up a few than you, turned 81 last Feb, but still try to do a gallop (joking) each day. I think I should try to master those kids sneekers with the wheels on them, save a lot of effort :lol:

3 minutes ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

I've racked up a few than you, turned 81 last Feb, but still try to do a gallop (joking) each day. I think I should try to master those kids sneekers with the wheels on them, save a lot of effort :lol:

Well congratulations Don!  G*d willing I’ll hit that age too.  Good on ya!

Jack:  Don and I have found that we are both 80+, live close together and have set up a PM correspondence.   Don appears to have a well specced machine but he is getting really slow loading times with P4.5.  I'm no expert but there is something fundamentally wrong in the software, as his hardware seems fine. 

These forums are a right good place for friendly people to maintain contact.  But Georgia is way beyond my bucket list, though my wife and I lived and worked in the States, and travelled widely.  We counted it our second home, and some wonderful people as extra grandparents.

Jack, I got my last job at 60, and red wine was no problem at that stage.......

8 hours ago, macca22au said:

Jack:  Don and I have found that we are both 80+, live close together and have set up a PM correspondence.   Don appears to have a well specced machine but he is getting really slow loading times with P4.5.  I'm no expert but there is something fundamentally wrong in the software, as his hardware seems fine. 

These forums are a right good place for friendly people to maintain contact.  But Georgia is way beyond my bucket list, though my wife and I lived and worked in the States, and travelled widely.  We counted it our second home, and some wonderful people as extra grandparents.

Jack, I got my last job at 60, and red wine was no problem at that stage.......

Awesome Ian!  I wish I could go to Australia some day.

I wonder why his version loads so slowly, what area is he trying to load?  I have yet to time the loading of P3D's TEGB.

Jack:  I once gave a paper at a conference in Miami, and took the opportunity to drive right down the Keys to Key West.  A great experience, so no doubt I have looked across to Georgia!

I now live on the Gold Coast just south of Brisbane and the suburb names have been unashamedly stolen from Florida to create the image of an over-the-top lifestyle but after all this is Aus....

Yes I will check with Don and see whether it is specific scenery, and also which version of P3D he has.

18 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Awesome Ian!  I wish I could go to Australia some day.

I wonder why his version loads so slowly, what area is he trying to load?  I have yet to time the loading of P3D's TEGB.

Just endured election night in Australia: so glad that Orbx is a politics free zone...well not including XP-11 v P3D. 

But I am still breathlessly waiting the release of Aus v2,  This coming week I hope.

Archived