P3D V4.5

I am having an issue with P3d V4.5, I have not had this on any other version. I have checked the files with the Central app. Taken settings down, up, nothing and this is what happens. I will start in a flight in for example this flight SABE. Everything at depatuere, is very nice, crisp looking, no issues. Flew to SBGL and as I was descending this is what is happening to the scenery. Everything blends together and looks like oatmeal.

I then while in flight was like lets see what happens when i crank the settings up. 4th picture attached 2019-5-12-17-47-59-148 picture number. goes back to normal or somewhat normal

After that it all starts to disappear again

Specs I7 8700K, GTX1080 TI, 32gb ram, all ssds, windows 10 64 run everything as an admin

Orbx Global base, vector, south america LC, south american mesh

Any ideas on this? Driving me nuts

2019-5-12_17-43-35-273.jpg

2019-5-12_17-43-41-343.jpg

2019-5-12_17-43-45-16.jpg

2019-5-12_17-47-59-148.jpg

2019-5-12_17-51-15-533.jpg

2019-5-12_17-53-23-825.jpg

2019-5-12_17-53-49-64.jpg

Do you use FPS unlimited inside P3D? You could try to limit the FPS to 30 inside P3D and switch VSYNC on, leave Triple Buffering unticked. That is what I use, never see any blurries. Be sure that you put your other settings as such that you can maintain those 30 FPS while flying all the time. Blurries occur if the load on your CPU is to high...

I do, I had it at 60 to match my monitor refresh rate. Then i came in here and noticed a post about blurried scenery, i took it down to 33. Those pics are from that flight. Here is what my settings looked like. I took them down to see if that would help. I lowered Level of detail radius to high, autogen and scenery draw distance lowered one tick and the two below it, lowered them one tick.

Settings 1.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

Have you considered using RTSS with its scanline x/2 option?

Also, are you running at stock cpu speed?

AnkH and I, as well as you, have the same cpu (8700K) so that's why I'm asking.  I now refresh at 30 hz -- much happier.

10 minutes ago, FlyBlueSkies said:

Try moving your Tessellation Factor all the way up to ULTRA. I believe this moves more tasks from your CPU to you GPU. Also, move your Texture Resolution to 7cm.

Thats not correct. Tessalation is GPU bound, but it does not move tasks to the GPU. What it does is that it adds polygons to your mesh looking a bit smoother. It makes sense with a low mesh in mountain areas. A bit deeper explanation can be found here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76729

I am running only a 4790K @ 4.6 Ghz with a 3Gig 1060 and have higher settings than you and get crisp textures in P3DV4.5. I run @ 26 FPS or Unlimited in places like Gold Coast City Scene and even then I do not get blurries. I am rending @ 3840 X 2160 4K as well. No Tessellation and no High Terrain Textures.

Bernie

NSW 26 FPS.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 5/13/2019 at 3:17 PM, tdohrer said:

I do, I had it at 60 to match my monitor refresh rate. Then i came in here and noticed a post about blurried scenery, i took it down to 33. Those pics are from that flight. Here is what my settings looked like. I took them down to see if that would help. I lowered Level of detail radius to high, autogen and scenery draw distance lowered one tick and the two below it, lowered them one tick.

Settings 1.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

I must say that this runs pretty good. I made a small 2 minutes movie. But I also have to mention that I have completely new hardware since a week of 2:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core

Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

YouTube: wait a few seconds to show the HD!

Have a nice flight,

Wil

Archived