PNW is now released to pre-pay customers!

John Venema

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man slow download, but hey it's 4.2gb so big file. But just another example of the dark ages internet we have in Australia, NBB, yeah might be rolled out by next decade!

20mps ASDl2, yeah more like 10 if one is lukcy. Anyway we'll wait and wait. Started d/l at 1pm. Up to 1.54gb.

Anyway my question on the two airports, Darrington and Starks Twin, is the any discount for them, if one purchase PNW?

And which one is better?

Thanks

Phil

Meanwhile, Internet Explorer just seems to pick a random number between 200Mb and 4Gb, decide that's how big the download is and then claim it's complete when it reaches that point, no arguments.

Fun and games.

I'll try again with Chrome. I think that first download has died.

Cheers, Iain

This is not to fuss about the process, since I do understand the point JV and others have been making about the internet, but it is to warn others about Getright.  I downloaded and installed that program on the advice of the initial post and watched it download the file, sometimes at a crawl, for about 5 hours, only to get to 99% and have it stop (with about 30mb to go) and start all over, but messed up (listed the file as 6.5gb all of a sudden and started again at 0mb).  Couldn't resume.  Stopped it, and tried to reconnect.  Couldn't connect to the server again. 

So, I had to delete the program and am using Firefox's d/l manager.  Very slow.  Looks like another 12 hours. 

Just wanted to join in the voices of caution about Getright, since it appears to work right up to near the end for a number of people and then mess up. 

Still looking forward to first flight sometime tomorrow, hopefully.  Those pics over on Avsim are stunning!

Great  - what's with the big PNW Retail Countdown clock at the top of each page?  Maybe you can get your money back and use one of those big hand in on one, little hand is on .... but, heck this one isn't ever going to be right.

RayM

How did I miss the PrePay - the clock at the top of this page still says 35 hours to release.  Isn't that more than 24 hours even is AU speak?

RayM ???

The clock counts down to Feb 28 Noon for whatever local time you are in ......with 35 hours to go not too long ago my guess is you are in the U.S.  If you are in the US EST then you have to subtract 16 hours from it to adjust it for Sydney time. For example, I am in the US EST zone and the clock currently says 33 hours , 46 minutes....if I subtract 16 hours then in reality there is about 17 hours 46 minutes till the retail release.

Stiletto2

We are 18 hours away from Retail Release

Thanks for the rub.  Those of that paid can not download, and this is what we get.

If your going to bark like a big dog live up to the promise.

Easy now...it's not the end of the World :)

A rub ? Not intended mate, I was merely letting the person above me know the countdown. Also I found your post rather rude and uncalled for. We are trying our best here. I have been up since 4am this morning, went to bed at 1am, so 3 hrs sleep... we are trying our utmost.

Hey guys, wake up - just kidding.  Its almost midnight in American (CST).  I downloaded the User Guide to read while waiting for the real download to come thru.

In the Weather section for fsx sliders you recommend all sliders FULL LEFT - I guess this is because of the custom weather.  I just bought REX 2.0 yesterday based on your site recommendation and the fact that many of the posted screenshots stated they were using REX for weather.

Now, the REX 2.0 folks recommend the clouds sliders be FULL RIGHT for best effect.  Does this mean REX2.0 and NA PNW are not compatible?  I Don't see how you both can be right at the same time.

Confused and Waiting . . . . . .

In the Weather section for fsx sliders you recommend all sliders FULL LEFT - I guess this is because of the custom weather.  I just bought REX 2.0 yesterday based on your site recommendation and the fact that many of the posted screenshots stated they were using REX for weather.

Now, the REX 2.0 folks recommend the clouds sliders be FULL RIGHT for best effect.  Does this mean REX2.0 and NA PNW are not compatible?  I Don't see how you both can be right at the same time.

The full left setting is only a recommendation as an initial starting point for the optimzation of graphics settings. Of course you can move the slider FULL RIGHT if it can handle it. I certainly have it full right, because I want overcast conditions to be overcast. ;)

The full left setting is only a recommendation as an initial starting point for the optimzation of graphics settings. Of course you can move the slider FULL RIGHT if it can handle it. I certainly have it full right, because I want overcast conditions to be overcast. ;)

So what about REX?  Does the PNW Custom Weather replace it? Thanks.

No, they are just optional themes of preset weather. You can select them if you want or completely ignore them. REX works absolutely normal with PNW and is not touched by it.

Great, thanks.  Now back to waiting on the download  . . . . .

REX works absolutely normal with PNW and is not touched by it.

Just out of interest I see some of you chaps only have REX enabled for clouds & water - do things like REX's runway/ramp textures and airport signs overwrite anything custom in the PNW airports or are they completely unrelated? I didn't see anything explicit about this in the PNW manual.

Cheers, Iain

Well, I have been patient, but I'm getting a little disheartened and wondering why I prepaid, I have tried multiple times over today (its now 4.30 and I have been trying all day) and the furthest I got was 1Gig before it shat itself again,  I am wondering why I prepaid, as it does not look like I will get it any earlier than retail release anyway....

Just venting, I know the response will be 'be patient'  but does all this count toward my bandwith limit, I only have enough left for this, and if I go over it will cost me another $10 for another 4Gig data block, effectively meaning PNW has cost me $55 + $10 + $10 = $75 assuming it will actually finish the download.  Maybe in future there should be a limit on how many pre payers there can be to ensure that if you pre pay, you get what you pay for, when you paid for it.

/rant, now i am off to try...again.

EDIT: Thanks Jay, I'll try the new d/l link, I'm having a harsh day at home and this has 'iced the cake' so to speak, nobody take me seriously please, just ranting!  ;)

Just out of interest I see some of you chaps only have REX enabled for clouds & water - do things like REX's runway/ramp textures and airport signs overwrite anything custom in the PNW airports or are they completely unrelated? I didn't see anything explicit about this in the PNW manual.

Tacoma certainly used the REX runway texture that I selected and I'm pretty sure so did the smaller airfields. I'm not sure about the ramps though. I will be able to check later, because I nuked my PNW installation in order to have a clean slate for the release version.

I AM assuming all of you who are retrying their download are first cleaning out your cache /  temp files yeah ?

Yup, clean cache, new location and (in one case) completely new browser. My FSS account indicates I'm on my 24th attempt.

I am currently hedging my bets with concurrent downloads in Firefox and Chrome (both so slow that they're not remotely in contention for my download capacity). Approximately 200kbps on both at present.

This may seem reasonable, but not quite so much when you have to restart from scratch every thirty minutes or so. No problems with my ISP this end, I have a rock solid connection with no caps or restrictions.

Cheers, Iain

Archived