PNW is now released to pre-pay customers!

John Venema

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...I wouldn't be happy because I would have to pay more and wait a LOT longer. ;)

Ha! ... therein lies the problem What's this wait business?

If I was running a similar operation, this is how I would have done it:

ANNOUNCEMENT:  Xbro is pleased to announce that SINGAPORE GREEN will be released on DVD on 1st March 2010. It will be available at the usual stoclkists.  end of story

No grief, no drama, no issues, no price differences. You buy it if and when you want to.

Orbx has tried to please its faithful followers by providing pre-paid downloads, but has, in effect, created some short term enemies ... because it ( for whatever reason) couldn't deliver on its all its promises.

KEEP IT SIMPLE

Ah I think they didn't allow for how popular a download this would be. Not enough server/s or something.

I left Getright on all night and by this morning it had finished. Although I don't know what time it actually finished downloading, but here is a suggestion, split the file using winrar or something,

Burkhard of My Traffic fame, latest version, one had to download file via rapid share about 10 plus parts to get whole program. which to me is a far better way.

I tried 6 times to download it, just as well Flightsimstore gave us 100 downloads.

I know what I am going to do with it now once I have installed it and that is burn it to a DVD for back up.

Anyway lets see how good it is,

Cheers

Phil

...I wouldn't be happy because I would have to pay more and wait a LOT longer. ;)

Ha! ... therein lies the problem What's this wait business?

If I was running a similar operation, this is how I would have done it:

ANNOUNCEMENT:  Xbro is pleased to announce that SINGAPORE GREEN will be released on DVD on 1st March 2010. It will be available at the usual stoclkists.  end of story

No grief, no drama, no issues, no price differences. You buy it if and when you want to.

Orbx has tried to please its faithful followers by providing pre-paid downloads, but has, in effect, created some short term enemies ... because it ( for whatever reason) couldn't deliver on its all its promises.

KEEP IT SIMPLE

The current system is very simple and does work. Unfortunately, in this instance despite everyones best intention the delivery method does not appeared to have coped as expected. Orbx and all involved have done their utmost to eleviate and rectify any problems and have reviewed the method of download to lessen the chances of problems for those who did not pre-pay but will soon be keen to download PNW.

There are three options with regards to the download of PNW...

• Download Only - You get PNW first, activate it online and use it.
  • Download + Backup DVD via Post - You still get PNW, activate it online and use it. You also receive a DVD through the post which you pay extra for. This gives you a copy of the PNW download on DVD for backup purposes - which still needs to be activated online.
  • DVD - A retail package of PNW on DVD that you install and does not require activation. You pay a price increase for this privillage and have to wait longer for the DVD to go into manufacture and distribution.

There's nothing difficult in that and as far as I am aware Orbx have always provided their products via download, I view the DVD products as an alternative to the download option. No one if forcing anyone to purchase PNW or any other Orbx products whether they be on DVD or as a download. Unfortunately things did not go entirely to plan with the release of PNW for pre-pay customers and while it's irritating to those who struggled to download it's hardly the end of the world. The simple fact is Orbx and all involved have bent over backwards trying to resolve the issue.  :)

Archived