True Earth South P3D

OK here are my findings so far, P3D v.4.4 T.E.S. loads fairly slow but ok,
Having tried different lighting settings, saturation etc. the texture is still
too GREEN and not in my opinion 'TRUE Earth'. the frame rates are a little low
but obviously this depends a lot on one's system and settings, as it is a complex
scenery. I am reluctant to delete objects to improve frame rates by deleting scenery
objects in the control panel  as this defeats the reason to have the scenery in the first place.  
I have now loaded P3D v4.5  and after waiting an hour for a flight to load , I gave up.
I think I reluctantly will end up deleting T.E.S. and going back to my very old but excellent 'Horizon Gen.X
Photo scenery. unless Orbx can improve things in the near future. 

H. Gen. X..jpg

O. T. E. S..jpg

Well IMHO opinion the too green ORBX scenery is streets ahead of whatever the other one is.  Getting a palette right in P3D/FSX is difficult and some compromises must be made in colour rendition, and having flown over England in real lfe it's closer to the ORBX one than the other I believe.

I attach images of Fovant area south uk in P3D  v4.5  Horizon Gen. X photo scenery  and Google Earth.
Unfortunately I can not post one of the area in  Orbx T.E. South as once again waited an hour for flight
to load but stuck on 6% . So I am reluctantly uninstalling T.E South, so that I can fly in the UK south again.  

Fovant 1 (1920 x 1080).jpg

Fovant Google Earth.jpg

Fovant Google Earth 2.jpg

There's something wrong with your settings or your P3DV4.5.

I installed V4.5 less than a week ago and all the loading issues have disappeared.

I would recommend you use the P3D exe in the download to update all four modules, (use the search function to look for a topic detailing which user files to back up) and then run the attached cmd file to clear your shaders, and if after all that there's a problem loading the sim, run the Delete Generated Files in the P3D root directory.

If you still have excessive loading times then untick all your non-default and non-ORBX scenery layers to see if the problem is a conflict with other scenery.

Cheers

Clear P3DV4 Shaders.cmd

Thanks for your suggestions John , I have no problem in the loading of P3D itself, I had updated the P3d 4.5  Client, Content and Scenery as per update instructions
and reset the Shaders.  What does the delete Generated Files do ? 

• 2 weeks later...

No replies to my Fovant T,E,South request, ? however I am going to do a complete reload of P3D v4.5 after the
expected patch from L.M. is out, the first add-on scenery I load will be T.E.South  I am hoping that I will be able

to give then a more favourable report on my findings with T.E.South G.B. 

I'm having similar loading problems with TE SE. Like Rolstan I gave up after waiting over an hour to load a flight at Colerne. In the end I loaded a flight at the Isle of Man, P3D loads fine anywhere outside of TE SE, and flew down through Wales in to TE SE. By the time I got to Colerne this is what the scenery looked like, it had been paused for a minute or two and I hadn't flown in a fast jet all the way down.

2019-4-22_22-46-29-229.png

P3D crashed to desktop when I unpaused it.

Sorry should have said 

i7 5820K @ 4.12 Ghz, 16GB RAM, everything SSD, 1080ti GFX, Win 10 Home

After I found the problem I did do a verify on Orbx libraries, global, vectors and TE SE. P3D had been upgraded from 4.2 direct to 4.5. 

On 4/26/2019 at 1:34 PM, ROLSTON said:

Can someone show a  Fovant image in T.E.South to compare?co-ords are  N51  03.16  W1  58.17.

On 5/5/2019 at 12:33 PM, ROLSTON said:

No replies to my Fovant T,E,South request, ? however I am going to do a complete reload of P3D v4.5 after the
expected patch from L.M. is out, the first add-on scenery I load will be T.E.South  I am hoping that I will be able

to give then a more favourable report on my findings with T.E.South G.B. 

I only quite by accident stumbled on this thread the other day, somewhat away from my usual perusing of the General Discussion, Screenshot and Preview forums. Not much need to come to see a support thread if everything is in working order.

As requested:
aqeAeFN.png

Two things that make me prefer the Orbx TE version over the Horizon / Playsims stuff:
- The more vibrant colouration. While everyone has their own preferences, your screenshot compared to even the Google Maps images appears washed out and dull.
- Having building models as well as the 3D tree models makes VFR flying more immersive for me than Horizon's ground plus Playsims' Treescapes.

The negative is that the TE LOD / ZL isn't as good as the older scenery. Looking straight down even from 2,500 ft AGL, isn't as nice.

Load times are now excellent with an 8-core CPU (SMT off) and a SSD on P3D v4.5.
There's a trade-off, but on the whole, TrueEarth comfortably wins for me.

Many thanks for the image, very interesting,  in my opinion the T.T.S. is good but it is just 'Too Green' and not as 'True Earth'
Not knowing the techniques of creating scenery, may be this is the closest the designers could do. however I am starting a
P3D reload today so in about a week I will reload T.E.S. and report again. 

Ok, got around to re-installing P3D4.5 latest version (includes the hotfix) quicker than I thought I would, I then downloaded again T.E. G.B. South
(13 hours)  Flight  now loaded in good time and frame rates ok I set the lighting saturation to 1.12 and brightness to 1.02
The green is in my opinion still a bit questionable but otherwise the scenery detail is good.
Unfortunately it only leaves me with  30gb. on my C drive so I would like to try and get my head around using a Symbolic Link  (if my brain can cope.)
as in a previous post by Nick if I can be pointed to this post. 

2019-5-19_11-48-47-882.jpg

Ok  thanks for that I got Symbolic link  to work no problem , easier than I thought it would be, I just followed the step by step instructions. 
I have now loaded Orbx Scotland and Germany North and still have 88gb. left on C drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd pop on and say I've just updated the P3D V4.5 Client from 4.5.11.29713 to 4.5.12.30293 and my loading problem with TE South have seemingly gone away. Loaded and Bristol and flew up via Bath and Chippenham to Lyneham. All good :)

Archived