around mount blanc

This flight is around mount blanc and i land in sion in Switzerland set in the summer with p3dv4.4 and envdir i hope you enjoy my mountain shots 

i have been through the tunnel many times day or night night times summer winter and in the spring  it is a long climb coming from the french side you are climbing for about 1 hr and a half and when you are going up you get fantastic views down below and you can see mount blanc up ahead and i know now that with a truck it costs  Euro  375  and £324.34 one way and when i was going it was not as much as that because this was a few weeks ago but i should think it was still over £200 when i went and that was one way and had to pay to go back on my return to France and this was when i had my own truck i was ok when working for a company they paid the toll .

if you did not go this way to italy you had to go to Paris and then Lyon and then down to the south of France and along the coast into Italy and the distance was a lot more and you had to pay road tolls and that was a lot of money and the time that it took also because it was more miles that way .

Going to the tunnel you would still go Paris and then to Auxerre on the A6  and then Macon on the A6  and once you get to Macon you go on the A40 towards Bourg en bresse  and very near to Genever and the A40 takes you all the way to the tunnel it is a lot shorter this way .

i can remember once it was raining and as i got near the tunnel it was snowing like hell i was a bit worried about going down the other side but once i got out of the tunnel in Italy it was  just rain and i carried on down the mountain in a very low gear 2  or 3 gear i had 16 gears in total you had 8 gears but you could split each one and that made it 16 in all .

and i just loved the job and i miss it like hell if it was not for the fact of having to pay £100 for a medical to get my HGV licence back i would give it another go for the job is in my blood .

And for the last few days i have not been doing any flying because i have been watching YouTube videos from English drivers in Italy and in Spain and i just could not resist watch because it brought back loads of happy memories of when i was doing the job.

if you decide to watch the video on the bit going down where the mountain hangs over on the right hand side when i first started that road was 2 way traffic because you did not have the road on stilts that you can see in the video and i hope you enjoy my shots and the video on mount blanc regards EMM

SBuJYFp.jpg

Fon4nEA.jpg

0Hxpd2U.jpg

DzvPas7.jpg

2UjQMLu.jpg

o0ErbOA.jpg

rkjQu6f.jpg

bMvqzlD.jpg

eRhf3vb.jpg

GqefraC.jpg

TQzZNg7.jpg

dPpjWqi.jpg

12   You can see the road directly below the aircraft that is the road going up and down from the tunnel and  that is that road he is going down

O0xsDnQ.jpg

z7FaUTW.jpg

d5uSRUM.jpg

XZEDvY8.jpg

bbQurRO.jpg

eaIiZXN.jpg

rXPDR4g.jpg

7osKTKh.jpg

gXeu0qj.jpg

MEFTZBi.jpg

1mrJhHB.jpg

Awesome set Stewart, and I love that switchback road.  In this video I'm struck by the engineering, how they mounted the supports directly into the rock, that's amazing.  And that fencing I reckon is to keep rocks from hitting the road.  It looks a bit treacherous but quite beautiful and I can only imagine how bad it would be all covered in show.

22 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Awesome set Stewart, and I love that switchback road.  In this video I'm struck by the engineering, how they mounted the supports directly into the rock, that's amazing.  And that fencing I reckon is to keep rocks from hitting the road.  It looks a bit treacherous but quite beautiful and I can only imagine how bad it would be all covered in show.

Thanks Jack for your fantastic comments on my set of shots and the videos when i first started driving to Italy that road covered to stop the rocks falling it was two way traffic and you go down hill for a long way i once loaded at Torino and down that mountain and my Volvo F10 was over wait and grossing 50 ton i did not know at the time but when i got to Dover i put my truck on a weigh bridge and found that out  50 Tons  and you are only allowed 42 ton and when i got to London to a wine fair the Italians where there and i said i am not taking this back so when i had to collect the load they got  a extra truck i could tell it was heavy coming down the mountain but after the mountain there is a stretch of m way that goes on for 8 kilometres almost sheer with escape lanes in case you lose your brakes and i just loved the job and miss it like hell regards EMM

7 minutes ago, lauriebe said:

Great set Stewart.  Love the old Twotter and that road looks scary!

thanks Iauriebe i am so pleased you liked my set of shots and my info on my post and yes that road  is very scary and when you have 42 ton gross and you have to go down a mountain it is all good fun i would just k reap down in a very low gear and probably done that 20 to 30 times regards EMM

On 4/14/2019 at 12:57 PM, European Mountain Man said:

This flight is around mount blanc and i land in sion in Switzerland set in the summer with p3dv4.4 and envdir i hope you enjoy my mountain shots 

i have been through the tunnel many times day or night night times summer winter and in the spring  it is a long climb coming from the french side you are climbing for about 1 hr and a half and when you are going up you get fantastic views down below and you can see mount blanc up ahead and i know now that with a truck it costs  Euro  375  and £324.34 one way and when i was going it was not as much as that because this was a few weeks ago but i should think it was still over £200 when i went and that was one way and had to pay to go back on my return to France and this was when i had my own truck i was ok when working for a company they paid the toll .

if you did not go this way to italy you had to go to Paris and then Lyon and then down to the south of France and along the coast into Italy and the distance was a lot more and you had to pay road tolls and that was a lot of money and the time that it took also because it was more miles that way .

Going to the tunnel you would still go Paris and then to Auxerre on the A6  and then Macon on the A6  and once you get to Macon you go on the A40 towards Bourg en bresse  and very near to Genever and the A40 takes you all the way to the tunnel it is a lot shorter this way .

i can remember once it was raining and as i got near the tunnel it was snowing like hell i was a bit worried about going down the other side but once i got out of the tunnel in Italy it was  just rain and i carried on down the mountain in a very low gear 2  or 3 gear i had 16 gears in total you had 8 gears but you could split each one and that made it 16 in all .

and i just loved the job and i miss it like hell if it was not for the fact of having to pay £100 for a medical to get my HGV licence back i would give it another go for the job is in my blood .

And for the last few days i have not been doing any flying because i have been watching YouTube videos from English drivers in Italy and in Spain and i just could not resist watch because it brought back loads of happy memories of when i was doing the job.

if you decide to watch the video on the bit going down where the mountain hangs over on the right hand side when i first started that road was 2 way traffic because you did not have the road on stilts that you can see in the video and i hope you enjoy my shots and the video on mount blanc regards EMM

12   You can see the road directly below the aircraft that is the road going up and down from the tunnel and  that is that road he is going down

Sorry EMM, but as as a non native english speaker I can' follow a text without any commata.

The shots nevertheless are great.

Scott 

Archived