Bridge not reaching land

8 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

you are absolutely correct, to point out these anomalies, JJ

sweet Lord, if we peruse TEGB inch by inch, there will be anomalies - just a fact!

(only SP1 - for goodness sake)

i guess, JJ, you want some reporting mechanism/subforum where these issues may be addressed in the future...

bump to @tonywob

;)

Hi Craig. Yes I think a reporting slot for all bugs in one central forum heading here on the XP support form would be ideal. On release of TEGB South last November we were encouraged to report bugs but ended up reporting them as individual posts rather than as a collective "Topic". Noone I gather would want o be trawling through all the XP support forum to find Bug Reports especially as many were not labelled as such in the posts "Subject heading, but hidden in the post itself.

Regarding perusing all of TEGB I would certainly hope that during testing there would be a format of basic test procedures regarding areas to peruse for potential faults. Coastlines, waterways, bridges for a start. There were 300+ new POIs so I assume they were all tested for placement and that they were correctly portrayed in the the sim (?) It is a long job I know but testing is testing and in other industries would come under the purview of Quality Control.

Hello,

if the requested convention was followed, then each report would have a title indicating

that it is a bug report and all the necessary information for the developer within it.

This very topic seems to be a bug report and yet does not comply with the requested parameters.

A collective topic would soon become far too long and unwieldy.

Doh! Thanks. I realised this is my fault as I made my own freeware version of EGGP Liverpool that I have installed and it has its own Runcorn Bridge which is placed correctly, so I never actually noticed this one is offset as my EGGP one blocks it.

I'll get this fixed for Central SP1

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

Doh! Thanks. I realised this is my fault as I made my own freeware version of EGGP Liverpool that I have installed and it has its own Runcorn Bridge which is placed correctly, so I never actually noticed this one is offset as my EGGP one blocks it.

Thanks Tony. By the way your EGGP was/is excellent. I may install it again and all bridge issues will be resolved.

On 3/20/2019 at 7:42 AM, tonywob said:

Hi Tony, I can see this one block out issue for bridges seems to affect many bridges in South as well (I believe these were broken before SP1 so that patch isn't to blame). You may have seen David Broome's post. I've spotted two, Westminster bridge on the Thames and the old Seven bridge, I was wondering if it was part of a larger issue? like a few of the bridges have all shifted to the right or something...

Archived