TrueEarth Netherlands Update very slow texture loading during flight

Hi,

After the last update the loading time is extremely long 30 minuts and after that when flying the ground textures are loading very slow this was not a problem whit the previous version .

So ORBX team can you set the old version back because there are many people  have problems whit the update and there is almost no responce from the ORBX team to solve this problem.

Martie. 

Hello,

you should be able to load the scenery in five minutes or so.

Can you try disabling all your other addon scenery in the scenery library,

or make a new scenery.cfg file with only the Orbx libraries and TENL in it

and of course all the default areas.

Also rename Prepar3D.cfg so that P3D will build a new and default copy.

Then try again and see how long it takes.

Thanks.

Hi Nick,

It is not a option to disable all other addon scenery's because the will not load anymore and they are useless and I have a lot them  I do not understand why ORBX made a update whit this problems because the previus version works fine and I am not the only person that have a problem with the update see the forum,so I like to now how can i go back to  the previus version.

Martie.  

The idea was not to disable all your scenery permanently but as a test.

You should be able to load this product in 5 minutes.

As you apparently cannot load it in 30 minutes, I had intended to help you

find out why and if possible, solve your problem.

However, I cannot help if help is disregarded.

The previous version is not available.

Hiya,

Yesterday I've update TE NL to version 1.10 and since then flying has been a nightmare !

loading times went up with a factor 8  { approx 1 min before and now it stays stuck @ 6% for about 6 minutes.

when flying I only get blurry and blurry textures  above the netherlands where all was very crisp before....

dunno what you've done but it cetainly messed up my simming.

My Hardware:

I9 9900K

MSI Z390 motherboard

NVIdia Geforce RTX 2070

1 TB Nvme SSD Samsung Evo Pro 970

P3D v 4.4

Display: Samsung 4k TV @30hz  Vsync on 

for now I've uninstalled True Earth Netherlands......

Regards,

Marinus.

Well the list is to long to mention but for the Netherlands I have Fly tampa amsterdam  Samsoft scenery amsterdam and a lot of dutch airports from the nl2000 scenery for the rest of europe a lot of aerosoft airports and other developers.

For now I disabled TrueEarth Netherlands en every thing is ok now also my frame rates are increased.

For your info I disabled fly tampa/samsoft and the nl2000 airport to see if there is a conflict with TE Neterlands but this make no sence.

Regards martie.   

1 hour ago, Mbergsma said:

For me:

I did a clean install of W10 P3D 4.4  and  ORBX Global Europe LC an TE NL  only other addons installed were FT Amsterdam and

Active Sky weather 

Hope this helps,

Marinus

Did this solve the problems with the blurry textures Marinus?

Dear Nick,

I have exactly the same problems. Loading times went up by about a factor of 5 and the waiting time at the well known  6% is enormous.

Version 1.0 had long, but acceptable loading times.

So what is the point in adding green houses and light houses at the expense of usability ?
How can I downgrade to version 1.0 ?  I would really like to use this great scenery again.

Thanks for your help

Christof

On 3/8/2019 at 11:43 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

you should be able to load the scenery in five minutes or so.

Can you try disabling all your other addon scenery in the scenery library,

or make a new scenery.cfg file with only the Orbx libraries and TENL in it

and of course all the default areas.

Also rename Prepar3D.cfg so that P3D will build a new and default copy.

Then try again and see how long it takes.

Thanks.

Hi

... disppointed performance with TE NL 1.10

From scratch

• P3D4.4- run delete generated files- rebuild the sim > 35 secs then loading to scenario screen EGLIN  1:51  -continue loading to EHEH 15:07 (!)
  • disabling TE NL >  loading to scenario screen EGLIN 1:11 then loading to default P3D4 +  EHEH 2:42
  • P3D4.4 - run delete generated files- rebuild 35 secs; loading 1:20 to scenario screen; adding scenery NL2000-EHEH loading  2:20
  • Running Global- oLC-Vector active
  • Running all Regions disabled
  • Running all Airports excl EU disabled
  • https://flightsimeindhoven.com/prepar3d/delete-generated-files/

For the this moment I restored initial version TE NL

Please let me know when to see improvement in loading time and under which conditions.

Thanks for payimg attention.

JanV | KLM149 | -flightsimeindhoven.com

Hi,

I would just like to use TrueEarth Netherlands.

I don't want to get any "tricks" for a normal time load.

If this is not possible otherwise, get an alternative to return to version 1.0

Anyone who still insists on version 1.10 would like to have a good “trial” on it…

However, it should be thoughtful why and why this update caused…

So, thank you for writing more if you could get back to version 1.0.

Thanks and sure more ...!

Peter

On 3/8/2019 at 5:01 PM, Martie said:

Hi,

After the last update the loading time is extremely long 30 minuts and after that when flying the ground textures are loading very slow this was not a problem whit the previous version .

So ORBX team can you set the old version back because there are many people  have problems whit the update and there is almost no responce from the ORBX team to solve this problem.

Martie. 

18 minutes ago, fosopeter said:

Hi,

I would just like to use TrueEarth Netherlands.

I don't want to get any "tricks" for a normal time load.

If this is not possible otherwise, get an alternative to return to version 1.0

Anyone who still insists on version 1.10 would like to have a good “trial” on it…

However, it should be thoughtful why and why this update caused…

So, thank you for writing more if you could get back to version 1.0.

Thanks and sure more ...!

Peter

Me too, I was good at old version of TENL, after update scenery is blurry and only airport autogen works. My TITAN X 12GB graphic card was helpless to generate scenery and CTD.

Regards,

ASP Rao 

On 3/8/2019 at 5:14 PM, Martie said:

Well the list is to long to mention but for the Netherlands I have Fly tampa amsterdam  Samsoft scenery amsterdam and a lot of dutch airports from the nl2000 scenery for the rest of europe a lot of aerosoft airports and other developers.

For now I disabled TrueEarth Netherlands en every thing is ok now also my frame rates are increased.

For your info I disabled fly tampa/samsoft and the nl2000 airport to see if there is a conflict with TE Neterlands but this make no sence.

Regards martie.   

Hello Martie

Isn't Samsoft Amsterdam city?

I think your sim is struggling to load both products. You have a duplication. If you have TEN then Samsoft is useless. You're having two cities...

16 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

No one interested in even trying?

Hi Nick

I'm testing mine

I currently have only Orbx products in Europe (maybe I'll install FT Schiphol in time as it is really boring to go through the compatibility process)

So my test will be clean.

I'll revert with results

Regards,

Carlos

Hi Nick

I launched my sim at 10.58, and it stuck at 6% for 22 minutes. Finally loaded at 11:29 (31 minutes after)

No issues during flight, the plane flies smoothly, no delay in loading textures, no freezing when changing outside views and all looks great. I believe my load time is affected by my settings and my poor video card. So can't complain

bG6qQhZ.jpg

Dear Nick,

disabling Lighthouses and "grenhouse " (I guess this should read greenhouse) reduces the loading time a bit, but does by far not recover the 1.0 status.
I used my task manager and monitored my computers parameters. Something is loading very slowly bit by bit into the memory with the CPU working only at 15 % on my system
(Intel i7-7700K at 4.2 GHz, GTX 970 4GB, 1TB SSD 970 Evo, 16GB Ram).

After the long 6% wait loading times are fine. I guess you overdid it with the VFR landmarks. Maybe you are testing already with version 4.5 of P3D, which is supposed to solve the terrain loading issue according to this forum.

Christof

Hi Nick,

It is for me very clear that there is a problem whit the  update because when I disable TrueEarth Netherlands in the library everything works fine why is it not possible to go back to the previous version because now it is useless and still it is payware.

Regards martie. 

8 hours ago, Martie said:

Hi Nick,

It is for me very clear that there is a problem whit the  update because when I disable TrueEarth Netherlands in the library everything works fine why is it not possible to go back to the previous version because now it is useless and still it is payware.Regards martie. 

I cannot force you to try solutions but only suggest that you

start by disabling all the features in the control panel and then

put each block back until you see which one is causing the problem.

It should be clear that if you disable a whole part of your simulator,

what remains will work better.

Unfortunately I can confirm this issue. Was running version 1 without any problems and startup time was about 3 or4 min.

Now after updating the startup time was raised to about 15 min and when flying the ground scenery is blurred 2 or 3 minutes after takeoff.

Nothing changed on my setup, only update applied.

Will try to disable the Shed model, Green/Lighthouses and see if it fixes things.

Greetings Harald

Hi Nick,

You do not force to try your solutions because I dit that already if you read my previous post you Will see that I followed your instructions but there was no response and I dit not disable a hole part of my simulator only TEN and when I disable all and put each block back I have 145 addon scenery’s so I need to start the simulator everytime again that takes me 24 hours to do so please come whit a solution or the previous version because I am not the only person that have this problem.

This is not personal but I expected from ORBX to solve this problem because the previous verson works fine there was no conflict with my other scenery’s.

martie.

21 hours ago, ASP Rao said:

Me too, I was good at old version of TENL, after update scenery is blurry and only airport autogen works. My TITAN X 12GB graphic card was helpless to generate scenery and CTD.

Regards,

ASP Rao 

21 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

No one interested in even trying?

I had uninstalled TENL, need to reload again to test it.  Being file is very large will try for a convenient time to download and reinstall to test it. Will disable some items in control panel to see the performance before i update the results. Thx. 

Regards,

ASP Rao

Hello,

uninstalling a product as large as this when it is intended to install

it again is a complete waste of your time and bandwidth.

Simply unticking it in the scenery library means it has no

effect on the simulator and takes a few seconds.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I was under the impression that TENL is putting too much burden on graphic card and its temperature is touching 86 degrees Celsius. Also my intention was to check the forums first if this problem is with any other members or only with me and finally to have a fresh installation.  I have a backup file, pre update version. will reinstall and see the results. Thanks. 

Regards,

ASP Rao

Hi Nick,

I disabled all addon scenery"s in the library only TEN- Global base- trees and ORBX libraries are active than the problem is there very long loading time and slow texture loading and unticking some options to improve performace is not really a option because then you mis some items in your scenery and this was not requierd in the previus version so than update has no added value.

The need to send you my scenery cfg.file has no sense because whit no responce I dit not mean that simulator was not responding to disabling of the scenery"but there was no responce from your side to this action. 

martie.

I have only TENL and the default scenery"s and also 22 scenery"s wich I cannot disable because thy are protected to disable most flytampa so the only ORBX is TENL then the loading time is 10 minuts also I start flying over Netherlands en everthing seems ok  and no texture loading issu"s.

martie. 

Archived