X Plane 11 TEGB green roads

I'm kind of confused.  When I go to that folder and made the switch to transparent roads I saw it switch in realtime from the _x to _t.  Then I went into the sim and they looked odd.

So I quit and ran FTX again and watched in realtime what would happen in that folder.  I went back to default roads and now I had two of the same named folders so I did as Nick suggested, deleted them and Verified files.  Went back to FTX and selected default roads.

Anyway, here's some screens, in one it's clearly looking odd, seems all the cars are on grass.

In the others they look like roads, and are these default XP roads?

hbMrSEk.jpg

rzvll4t.jpg

bGrwTHl.jpg

Hello Jack,

in shot two, you are seeing the photograph, not the default roads which are there

in shots one and three.

It looks like you have heavily processed X Plane 11 and that is why the road in shot

two looks like grass, although the vehicle I can see is a bit close to the edge.

It's all a matter of choice but the roads in England do not have the kinks in them

that feature so often in the "default" roads.

Hello Jack,

There is a slight green tinge to the roads in the photo scenery, associated with

the need to correct the colour.

The presets change everything.

Some of these enhancements have unintended consequences and as ever, it

is up to the individual eye to choose what is preferred.

Here is a shot over EGNX with nothing added.

You can see all kinds of roads. I am guessing that the M1 motorway that runs

across the image is X Plane 11 default, all the others are just images.

Click to enlarge

5.jpg

Thanks Nick, so I think I'm going to have to uninstall one at a time and see what happens.  But what's odd to me is how the FTX switch doesn't seem to work correctly if done a couple of time, it requires those folder to be deleted and then verify.  Maybe I'm doing it incorrectly.

Hello Jack,

I am not having any trouble with the control panels in the three TEGB areas.

If one doesn't work, then the fix you describe needs only to be done once.

Verify files is a function that should be used only when there is a problem.

It does seem that there are customers who feel that they must verify files on a

regular basis, even when there is not a problem.

This actually creates a problem with the roads because verifying files will

replace the roads_ folder that has been changed by the control panel,

leading to there being three folders instead of two and therefore breaking

the control panel.

This is why the solution is to delete all roads_ folders, run Verify files and

then leave well alone.

Just for interest's sake, here is the same place with the default roads.

Some are perfectly aligned but some are not and on close inspection,

there are some where there is no road in the image.

6.jpg

and here is the same place in Google Earth, unfortunately not one of the best quality images

but it does illustrate how much less conspicuous the roads are when seen from above.

Note the extremely useful navaid for a pilot who is lost at the red A.:)

7.jpg

As ever, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you should just look for what pleases your eye the most.

3 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Verify files is a function that should be used only when there is a problem.

It does seem that there are customers who feel that they must verify files on a

regular basis, even when there is not a problem.

This actually creates a problem with the roads because verifying files will

replace the roads_ folder that has been changed by the control panel,

leading to there being three folders instead of two and therefore breaking

the control panel.

This is why the solution is to delete all roads_ folders, run Verify files and

then leave well alone.

Thanks Nick.  I seldom do this, maybe twice with all my Orbx stuff.

What I'm saying is I deleted those folders, then ran Verify, and went to Central and chose transparent and I had the above grassy areas, then you said it might be one of the three things messing with it. Twick, UWXP, or xVision.  I I think I'm going to uninstall Twick first as it was the last to be installed.  Then try the transparent roads again.  Don't know if this will work.  Unfortunately I can't do it right now, real world stuff to attend to.

Helo Jack,

very briefly, the default roads cover the roads in the photo scenery

with the X Plane 11 default road textures.

If you choose transparent roads, they are still there for X plane 11 to put the traffic in

the right place but you are seeing through them to the photo scenery.

If you then use addon software to vary the photo scenery colours in X Plane 11, the

green tinge can become the colour green as seen in your second image.

This is not grass but does indeed look like it.

I would suggest that you can experiment with your various addon software to reduce

the "green road effect" to a minimum and eventually reach a compromise that you are happy with.

12 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

I don't think you need to delete anything Jack.

However, this topic is full of good advice.

Well, I tried everything except reinstalling Orbx and Xplane Nick.

Went to Central and selected Transparent roads in TEGB South.

Completely removed FlyWithLua and Twick.

Restored xVision to original XP shaders, and shut off UWXP and I still have these green roads.

I don't know what else to try.

li71fEw.jpg

8Chtaoi.jpg

LhTQrAB.jpg

8xOGyeR.jpg

I apologize in advance for being a pain and maybe it's because I'm thick, I don't know.

Hi Jack,

I have the same issue with the green roads. I am running a Intel i9 and Nvidia RTX 2070 and 32 GB Ram. It doesnt bother me much and hopefully next SP will colour the roads differently. I thought like you it might be XVision (the only plugin installed at the moment) but I don't believe it is.

Regards,

John.

2 hours ago, John Mac said:

Hi Jack,

I have the same issue with the green roads. I am running a Intel i9 and Nvidia RTX 2070 and 32 GB Ram. It doesnt bother me much and hopefully next SP will colour the roads differently. I thought like you it might be XVision (the only plugin installed at the moment) but I don't believe it is.

Regards,

John.

Thanks John, I haven't uninstalled it to see yet, been too busy.  Man, an i9, now that's cool!

10 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John, I haven't uninstalled it to see yet, been too busy.  Man, an i9, now that's cool!

Loads like a bullet I have yet to buy a large M2. drive!!!! Pleasure to fly even if the roads are a bit weird which I have to say does not take from the immersion.

I'll be tinkering tomorrow and let you know if any change.

John.

4 minutes ago, John Mac said:

Loads like a bullet I have yet to buy a large M2. drive!!!! Pleasure to fly even if the roads are a bit weird which I have to say does not take from the immersion.

I'll be tinkering tomorrow and let you know if any change.

John.

Thanks John, that will be nice to see your results.

Hi Jack,

XP allows the installation of a second copy. I put a fresh install on a second HD, updated it to the latest and then copied over TE South for testing. So no additional plugins etc. Result the same. So whether the underlying image is not sharp enough to differentiate the roads or its blending in too much with surrounding fields etc is hard to say. The service pack is due soon so it will be interesting to see if that changes things.

John.

3 hours ago, John Mac said:

Hi Jack,

XP allows the installation of a second copy. I put a fresh install on a second HD, updated it to the latest and then copied over TE South for testing. So no additional plugins etc. Result the same. So whether the underlying image is not sharp enough to differentiate the roads or its blending in too much with surrounding fields etc is hard to say. The service pack is due soon so it will be interesting to see if that changes things.

John.

Thanks for trying this John, so now we know.  This is interesting, I'm sure they'll get it sorted out eventually as it seems to me XP is very much a work in progress.

I would also add that TEGB is work in progress as an extensive SP1 would confirm. The SP is not only adding more POI's to TEGB South but also correcting errors and/or omissions.

The "green" roads are a TEGB anomaly rather than XP.

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, Phil0671 said:

Hello everyone.

Is this function of "transparent roads" still available in Orbx CENTRAL? Because i can´t find it . :)

Thanks.

Depends on which scenery you are referring to. It is normally an option available by clicking on the scenery in Orbx Central and looking in the Configure option.

I am not sure if you were thinking it was a general option in Orbx Central rather than scenery specific.

8 hours ago, Phil0671 said:

Hi Jon.

I´m referring of this topic :

I do not understand your question. I have explained that the default or transparent roads options are with the scenery.I give a picture of the option available for example in TEGB South

Capture.thumb.JPG.a4f2611c2700302fc9e521306c649082.JPG

Capture1.thumb.JPG.61ca2da6c237b74c5a6ab15a5ec345a9.JPG

1 hour ago, Phil0671 said:

Here it is.

Yes, i have another xp11 installed but i don´t use it , it´s just in case.

Log.txt 99.82 kB · 0 downloads

I want your Orbx Central log file not the XP one. Directive on where it is is in my previous post. You are choosing the right installation of XP on the Orbx Central page. Click on the bit in the pic I attach 

Please attach your Orbx Central log file from Orbx Central/settings/help

Capture.thumb.JPG.a76072e1807e0e769f77c3ba73a6f25c.JPG

Archived