Southampton Tower, We are ready for ....

Peter Lenting

In another thread, Peter mentions he has triple screens.   Also, you can blow up his picutres by clicking on them.  After a couple of clicks you get the full picture which you have to scroll through to see each bit of it.  Great for detail.    I also have triple screens.   The pics from that type of set up post at the size you see to keep the width from being larger than the screen.  Triple screen pics have an extremely long width vs. height.  For example,  my default pics are 5320 X 1050.

Rod

Hello fellow simmers,

First thank you to all, for your nice comments in my posts last week. I feel what Jack is meaning about my pano's.

In fact i am using 4x 22inch monitors. 3 monitors connected to Matrox tripple head 2 go digital version. for my 3D view.

And 1 monitor via the HDMI port for indeed Little Navmap.

For this setup it is verry nice to fly and joy the pano"s, but the disadvantage is the pic's and the movies is what Rod  refered to.

Maybe i found a easy or simply solution for this.

Regards Peter

10 hours ago, Peter Lenting said:

Just for the test.

Test.png

Hi Peter,

Usually, if I want more picture to display on the main post screen I either crop out 40% to 50% of  each side of the widescreen pic before  posting so it still gives a bit of a pano feel or I go into single screen mode  in the sim and snap a shot for full screen post.   I just posted a couple of cropped pics in the screenshot  section....here is link if you haven't seen the post:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/168519-tamar-estuary-area/

Rod

Hi Peter,

I was using a TripleHead2Go but a few months ago I upgraded my graphics card from a GTX980 to a RTX2080.  I then connected my three 22" monitors in nVidia Surround. Worked great!  For me, I also got the added bonus of no black borders on the left and right sides of the combined display.  I also have a 4th monitor on the RTX2080.

Rod

Archived