Contrails in P3Dv4.4

Chris.D

I have almost completed my installation of P3D after years of 30 years FSX and the earlier editions.

This is a brand new installation of the Operating System and a new Install of P3D v4.4.

I have been flying the PMDG 737 NGX between Sydney and Brisbane to test things out.

I have OpusFSI running OK, and UTLive performing as it should and I am overall pleased with the installation.

Two things I find missing are, no ATC, cannot select Pilots voices and I get no sound even thought the pop up seems to be working. What is annoying about this is there is no ATIS on arrival at YBBN, so I never get to know what runway is in use.

Also, I have no contrails behind any aircraft at any altitude and in any weather. In UTLive I have selected the contrails to last for 180 seconds and still none.

I have searched the LM forums, there is 11 pages about the no ATC issue but no resolution and also no resolution for the no contrails.  I see now that those threads are now locked.

I'm wondering if anyone here has the same issues and I'm not the only one with these problems.

Hi Ken,

The ATC is there, the pop up window pops up with the "~" key and I can select stuff from the menu, but I don't get any sound and the pilots voices drop down menu in the options menu under "Information" doesn't work.  I click on it and nothing happens.

I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with the installation. I only have a couple of addons , so I might start over. And as far as the effects go I think I  have to do a major upgrade on my graphics card.

Chris.

27 minutes ago, Chris.D said:

Hi Ken,

The ATC is there, the pop up window pops up with the "~" key and I can select stuff from the menu, but I don't get any sound and the pilots voices drop down menu in the options menu under "Information" doesn't work

Hi,

Make sure the "Voice" checkbox is ticked and the volume is up under Settings/Sound.

Also make sure your sound devices are set correctly in the P3D and Windows sound settings.

Some aircraft require the radio to be switched on for comms to work also.

Re the contrails, maybe it is just due to weather and altitude?  Not sure about that one.

Cheers,

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your input, but I have done all that.  There are 11 pages of suggestions on the LM forum and I have tried them all and still no go.

I think it is version 4.4 that is really buggie.  There are lots of inconsistencies, eg, a simple one, from the time I double click the Icon on the desk top to the very first splash screen, some times it is instantaneous and other times it takes 2 minutes 30 seconds.

Or it is a bad install.  I think I might start over or wait for 4.5 to come out.

I just ordered a new nVidia GTX 1070ti Foundation Edition, couldn't justify a 1080, no, couldn't afford it. (pensioner, and the treasury would have a fit !) 

I don't have much ORBX stuff yet, just Australia, Hervey Bay,  Fly-Tampa Sydney and my PMDG 737NGX installed to do these tests.

Chris

Chris, I lost sound on my ATC when using MCE.

I asked MCE and here is their reply

Believe it or not, this is a feature of Windows 7 or higher.

Windows may randomly attenuate the volume level of applications it deems are background.

Many like MCE, VoxAtc, PF3, Radar Contact are affected.

To prevent that, go to Windows Control Panel

Start <Audio> application.

Go to <Communications> tab.

Ensure option “Do nothing” is selected.

Shouldn’t happen after that, unless you restore Windows from backup, make a fresh install or something like that.

Sorry Smudger, that didn't work.

I am now sure there is something a miss with the installation. I don't get the drop down box to select the pilots voices.  When I click on the box a thin line appears below the box and nothing else.

As I don't have so much installed yet, I think I'll go for a new operating system install and start over with P3d 4.

I have been chasing this for over a week on an off and I think now it would save time and frustration to start over.

Should have my new graphics card by the end of the week, so it might be a good time to bite the bullet.

Thanks for all your help. I'll come back and let you know how I get on.

Chris.

BTW,  I pulled my 2 SSD's with the old operating system and FSX on the other, so if I keep having problems with P3D, I'll pop them back in and wait for improvements in the up and coming v4.5.

• 10 months later...

I fixed my installation, re installed everything, even the operating system.

Everything has been running perfectly.

Had made a few changes, even running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC.

See my new signature.

Chris.

Archived