TrueEarth GBS - issue

Hello

After 12 hrs of download and installation the packaged got ready.

I went to the sim and stuck at 6% for ages then when ready only a black screen loaded :(

Closed the sim and went baclk to FTX Central and inmediately started to scan the profuct again...?? and suck at 2% for long until I have to close FTX Central

I would give another try but would appreciate any assistance

Thank you

Carlos

2 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Carlos

Start by unchecking/deactivating the four England Region scenery library entries and the "Use high resolution terrain textures" in P3D settings.

Hi Doug

Ok

Proceeding

Thank you for your reply

I'll report back

Try deleting your scenery.cfg folder.  My install of TE GBS took 12 minutes to load and was a total slideshow with blurries.  I deleted my scenery.cfg file and it ran great.  I do this from time to time a anyway as I think it gets corrupted after awhile.

Hello Doug

I hope you are having a good Saturday

Sorry for having taken long in getting back to you. I run the verify files tool just to ensure all was ok, becuase it seems odd to me that after haveing the program installed, when re opened FTX Central it inmediateyly started to scan TEGBS. Not a normal behavior.

Then I proceed as instructed

Unticked Wales, England, Scotland and Northern Ireland and unticked the high resolution texturees, then run the sim and nothing, the load takes such amount of time that I fall asleep. When I woke up had the same black screen with the plane sounding, it continues until almost freezing mywhole computer. Both times had to shut it off right from the start button as the cntl+alt delete didn't work.

Then I realized I was flying today, winter, and thought that maybe the product is not set to automatically change that to summer, or maybe it simply loads the summer textures....any way I set it to summer and launched it.

It doesn't work, there is a black screen as if the tv was shut down.

Questions

01.-If I untick the regions in the sim, then should I untick the options in the countrol panel of the product? Cause I have the impression that they need to ticked if I have the regions, but if then we desabled them in the sim then those in the control panel should be unticked too, right?

02.-Why unticking all UK regions if I only have GBS? That would leave my UK naked. I don't like much the idea of dropping 4 regions for just being able to fly in one. Is this just for testing or do I need to have these regions desable becuase I have GBS? This is somethng that must be told before buying if it is the case, becuase I like more all the other regions than England itself. I only bought England becuase of London City, but was a little disappointed so the same reason for buying TEGBS, London City.

03.- Also I like to have ticked the high  resolution textures option, for obvious reasons. Having GBS means this have to be always turned off, becuase if yes, I would agree if I only fly in this area, but one could fly from any country to let's say London and I would like to have in the rest of the world the high resolution textures.

04.-Lastely, I have UK2000 aiports but not installed. If it takes so long to load I believe that adding those to the scenery would increase the load time, am I right in thinking this?

Can you please clarify to me the pros and cons of this product please? As it seems to me it brings a lot of uncomfort and stress  and I was so anxious to use it. :(

I really would appreciate any help to make it work

Thank you in advance

Regards

Carlos

12 hours ago, ArtFlyer said:

Try deleting your scenery.cfg folder.  My install of TE GBS took 12 minutes to load and was a total slideshow with blurries.  I deleted my scenery.cfg file and it ran great.  I do this from time to time a anyway as I think it gets corrupted after awhile.

Hi,

I don't thing deleting the scenery file would work

Seems you proved it in your next message

But thank you

I'll wait for Doug's recommenations, let's wait and follow the instructions

Cheers

Hi Carlos

I was asking you to deactivate the four England Region scenery library entries below (not the other regions) just to see if TEGB would then load for you.

Sorry, I do not know why then it is not working on your system? Maybe try it with all other addons deactivated?

ENG.PNG

4 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Carlos

I was asking you to deactivate the four England Region scenery library entries below (not the other regions) just to see if TEGB would then load for you.

Sorry, I do not know why then it is not working on your system? Maybe try it with all other addons deactivated?

ENG.PNG

Hi Doug

Ok noted

I'll activate the other ones  but did the test with the ones in your picture deactivated

I don't have anything else but Orbx in Europe :(

Actually the only extra addons I have I got them most in South America and like two or three  in USA

So not a clue?

Thanks

Carlos

Hi Nick

Yes, I desabled England in the scenery library but despite that when it "stars" there is nothing just a black screen. I hear the plane a very small one nothing complex like PMDG but the sim does nothing.

Last time I was eable to press the esc button and the menu to extit showed then closed it properly.

I'm going to open FTX Central again to see if it does the same thing. (It starts scanning TEGBS)

I'lle get back shortly

Thank you for replying

Cheers

I fixed the loading time issue.  Got me a scenery config editor and turned almost everything off except  HDGBS and poof 1 minute load times.  I think it made a difference with the blurries too, because that is fixed too.  LOD medium Scenery complexity medium all autogen on extremely dense.

Hello Nick

Checking this post from you about files in the GBS folders, you state that in the folders there should be 87,310 files. I checked mines and I only have 86,888  thus missing 422 files

Bet this might be the reason for my product not to work. How could tthis happen if FTX Central stated all was downloaded and completed...though it reads as 57 GB weight.

I'm going to run the verify tool again and see what happens. There are folders where I only have 12 itmes.

I'll report back

21 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

still 87310.

This may or may not be correct, it is what I  see.

Ok noted

I checked with another user and he seems to have the same as I do

I'm testing again

Hope it works

I'll report back

Thank you Nick

The first time I started TEGBS, I tried starting at London City/EGCLC and got a hang at 100% and no start. After rebooting, I tried starting at a smaller airport and it launched just fine. Later, I tried EGLC and it started fine as well, so maybe launching at a small airport the first time will get you the breakthrough.

17 minutes ago, Gulfstreamtwo said:

The first time I started TEGBS, I tried starting at London City/EGCLC and got a hang at 100% and no start. After rebooting, I tried starting at a smaller airport and it launched just fine. Later, I tried EGLC and it started fine as well, so maybe launching at a small airport the first time will get you the breakthrough.

Hi Gulfstreamtwo

Every time I tried was at EGLC

Interesting

Yes my system hang at 100%, for long. Then when "started" I got the black screen

I just moved my plane to Belgum and I'm going to fly to London and see what happen

Eventhough that isuue you and me had doesn't seem normal.

I'll try later starting in Heathrow

Thank you for your valuable comment, I'm sure the developers migh find it interesting too.

I'm starting my fly to London

I'll report back

Thank you

Hi

I confirm GBS is there

When I was arriving at Dartford bridge the scenery was the awfulest blurriest thing I've ever seen since FS2004

Then I did the "refresf scenery" staff. And it took a life to reload. I went to prepare dinner, had dinner and even played a game of chess, when finished doing all tath it was at 83% still

Finally when loaded the image was totally frozen, like a screen shot while the plane sounded was flying, flying and flying. Paused it and about 5 min after it paused. Every single command I did to the computer took ages to happen.

I closed the game and remained in the bar (bellow with other icons) until I did the cntl+alt delete and closed it.

By the way the Dartford bridge is ver close to London City airport.

So I don't know what's going on but there is something wrong

I'll try starting at Heathrow but not today, as it takes so long to load and testing in this conditions erase any wish to fly.

Hope you can guess what is going on

Thank you

Carlos

hi Carlos,

unfortunately, if your stated system specs in your footer are correct, it would seem that 8GB of RAM & 2GB of VRAM could have difficulty coping with the complexity of TEGBS P3Dv4.4...

it is a problem that this configuration is well below the LM P3Dv4+ recommended specification...

best regards,

craig

Perhaps the Orbx Team should add a warning to the TrueEarth GBS scenery, informing the folks wanting to purchase this scenery as to the minimum spec system which is required to run this scenery properly. To me it is concerning to see how many people are having problems trying to get this scenery to work, and it is not cheap!!!!

8 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

hi Carlos,

unfortunately, if your stated system specs in your footer are correct, it would seem that 8GB of RAM & 2GB of VRAM could have difficulty coping with the complexity of TEGBS P3Dv4.4...

it is a problem that this configuration is well below the LM P3Dv4+ recommended specification...

best regards,

craig

Hi Craig

thank you for your reply

I suspected that could be a reason too but as the product text in the website sails nothing about it, I though I had no problem

Yes my specifications are accurate.

Thank you for this new perspective 

7 hours ago, appie said:

Perhaps the Orbx Team should add a warning to the TrueEarth GBS scenery, informing the folks wanting to purchase this scenery as to the minimum spec system which is required to run this scenery properly. To me it is concerning to see how many people are having problems trying to get this scenery to work, and it is not cheap!!!!

Hi Appie

i totally agree

it is a must 

thank you

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Carlos,

apologies, I missed your system specifications yesterday.

I am sure that if they are current, Craig is quite correct.

Hi Nick

ok noted

No worries, it may happens

I will check the link posted by Doug

and if any questions I will request guidance

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE

Ok

just read the link

so I need to buy as much memory as possible. I need Dddr4 or so I understand

but also seems I need to upgrade my video card

what would be the most recommended video card for my eaquipment please?

I realised I have a frying pan as computer :(

should I also upgrade the processor?

I’m afraid this is going to end expensive for using GBS

A new computer ja

thank you in advance for suggestions

cheers

9 hours ago, appie said:

P3Dv4 Recommend.PNG

20 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

P3Dv4 Recommend.PNG

Hi Doug

So the most urgent thing is the memory, followed by the video card

I have a question.

I have my P3d installed in an 6TB disc, drive H

I habe music and videos in 1TB disc, drive D

I have my windows installed in C drive in a 2TB disc. so everything is totally separated

If I upgrade my windows 7 to 10 would affect somehow drive H & D?

Can I just simply format dive C to have Windows 10 and all would work fine later or do I have to do something to integrate all again?

I hope there is no need to install anything from Orbx again.

As windows is in C I think it would be as simple as to upgrade it, right?

Pleae advise so I won't mess it and can organize my wallet

Thanks

Hello Carlos,

If you were to decide to upgrade to Windows 10, there is an option

to do so without losing any files or installed software.

It usually takes place without incident.

I would have thought that a hardware upgrade to 16 GB of RAM and

a 1070 (or 1070ti) would give you the "headroom" that you need without

doing too much damage to your wallet.

How is your current memory configured?

2+2+2+2 GB

4+2+2 GB

4+4 GB

or one 8 GB?

Archived