True Earth GB South P3D 4.4 My Final Shots.

On 2/7/2019 at 10:52 PM, BBoyJD10 said:

Can we install this on our secondary hard drives HDDs rather than SSDs woud we see any performance issues?

If you have a fast and freshly defragged HDD you can use it on a HDD. It only will slow down the first load a bit, but once loaded normally no problem anymore inflight. I had TE Netherlands on a HDD before, moved it to SSD as a 1 TB SSD was avaiable for me and I was surprised how slow TE Netherlands load even on an SSD. Far slower than for example KLAX with ORBX South Cali.

Hi your question is does it cover Birmingham in True Earth England South the answer is yes. But watch out for large city's they take a lot of CPU and GPU power.

I am running an Intel i9-9900K with an Nvidia 2070 and both are running at a 100% usage based on Orbx suggested settings.

London all I get is 10-12 frames per second with PMDG 737 stock aircraft 15-20.

The scenery is great outside the big city's here is a screen shoot on the boarder of True Earth and just England this should convince you how good True Earth is.

Hope this helps.

Craig Hustadt

2019-2-10_17-47-49-967.jpg

Pleasantly surprised to find true earth south extends much further north than I expected, taking in the whole of wales.

The detail is just superb, so much hard work must have gone into this beautiful add on.

The price is very welcome also, far less than I would have expected for such quality.

Managed a sight seeing flight over central London without too much trouble, as long as your not supersonic the frame rates are acceptable.

But given the density of autogen you can easily drop the settings by a notch to accommodate an older machine.

Downloading and installing was also without stress.

2019-2-11_10-59-50-645.jpg

On 2/8/2019 at 1:09 PM, iankb said:

I assume that, unlike XP11, we have seasonal versions for P3D.  And yes, we do have snow south of Stoke-on-Trent.  I'm waiting for the screenshots.

Ian.

This.... ; this is why I don't have XPlane:  No seasons.  I trust that since TE Netherlands offers five seasons that this will be an upcoming feature.  Seasons are a must have for me, otherwise it's not scenery.

I agree about the seasons. I have no problem paying extra for at least a winter season and these days HD space is less of a problem. Since I intend to fly mainly in the TrueEarth Scotland area winter is more of a big deal to me and from what I understand (not beeing from the UK) its more likely to see snow than in the South (corect me if Im wrong). Anyway, I very much hope we will get a winter season included or as an addon. If not I will deactivate TE Scotland in the winter time and let FTX Scotland do its winter magic and come spring/summer I will switch back.

Mike    

The scenery is beautiful, devil is in the fps. On my high end desktop it dropped from around 20 to arround 4 after installing TEGBS. Hope OrbX finds a fix fast otherwise have to uninstall as it is impossible to use. And please don't telm me to pull the P3DV4 sliders to the left, I did not invest over 2.000€ in a desktop to use at reduced specs and it worked very well so far. :)

I am running it at the moment with those 3DM files removed. Even though this strips away lots of detail in various places, the end result is still far more immersive and realistic than my old photoscenery/autogen trees combo. Hopefully, the upcoming performance improvements (and control panel) will make it look even better on my mediocre PC.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 8:21 PM, John Venema said:

A patch to improve performance will soon be released.

Also P3Dv4.5 will offer further performance improvements including loading times, as was shared by Adam Breed from Lockheed Martin last week.

Sorry, patch already released?

Archived