CityScene Orlando.....Something's Not Right.....Or,

W2DR

45 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Btw, it's also possible to set up different sim profiles, say, one for daytime flying and another for nighttime flying; or GA flying or jetliner flying, enabling or disabling P3D features (LOD setting or texture resolution, for example), suitable for the type of flying you do.  The possibilities are numerous, all depending on the type of flying you do.  I tend to set my sliders as high as the sim tolerates fps-wise, since I do only GA flying.

Hi Stewart, I used to use SCE in P3D 32 bit and loved it, it was extremely easy to use.  However, I was going to use it in 4.4 and went to download it and I saw that it's causing problems, I forget what now so I was wondering if you or anyone else that uses 4.4 can give some advice?  Maybe @Nick Cooper?

Thanks.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Stewart, I used to use SCE in P3D 32 bit and loved it, it was extremely easy to use.  However, I was going to use it in 4.4 and went to download it and I saw that it's causing problems, I forget what now so I was wondering if you or anyone else that uses 4.4 can give some advice?  Maybe @Nick Cooper?

Thanks.

Sorry, Jack, I can't help you with SCE.  I've used SimStarter NG even before it was payware and have had no problems, except those caused by my not reading the manual!  LOL!

1 minute ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Sorry, Jack, I can't help you with SCE.  I've used SimStarter NG even before it was payware and have had no problems, except those caused by my not reading the manual!  LOL!

Thanks Stewart, maybe someone else will know.  

Hello Jack,

I continue to use SCE with P3D v4 and it causes no problems, it works precisely the same way as it does in FSX and other P3D versions.

It does not however see scenery added with an xml file because it is designed to work only with the scenery.cfg file.

I would imagine that someone trying to use say the Lorby utility to manage the scenery library and SCE at the same time might have problems.

15 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

I continue to use SCE with P3D v4 and it causes no problems, it works precisely the same way as it does in FSX and other P3D versions.

It does not however see scenery added with an xml file because it is designed to work only with the scenery.cfg file.

I would imagine that someone trying to use say the Lorby utility to manage the scenery library and SCE at the same time might have problems.

Thanks Nick!  I don’t even know what Lorby is. :) 

I’ll get the latest version of SCE and set it up like I did before.  Much appreciated!

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

This is where SimStarter NG is different.  It is able to see scenery added with an xml file because such scenery is added by SimStarter using another menu selection which enables one to assign any such scenery to any profile of the user's choice.  All FlightBeam and FSDreamteam airports are added in this way.

10 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

This is where SimStarter NG is different.  It is able to see scenery added with an xml file because such scenery is added by SimStarter using another menu selection which enables one to assign any such scenery to any profile of the user's choice.  All FlightBeam and FSDreamteam airports are added in this way.

Thanks Stewart, I even bought this a long time ago but never used it.  I'll have to consider this or SCE.  But I'm used to the simplicity of SCE.

Archived