KGPI Runway Floating - weird issues

Airwolf

Hi Orbx Team,

When you guys get a chance can I request the patch or some solution - I know NYE is here, I am just posting it before I head out for NYE events.  As I said there is no rush to answer this immediately.

I have searched the forums for some solution.  Unable to figure it out.  Something is mentioned in turbulent's site but KGPI is now sold via Orbx Brand.

Apparently it shows that there is a patch out there https://www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk/forum/topic/740-kgpi-glacier-park-international-airport-and-turbulent-terminal-updates/

If i choose KFCA option in the Control panel, my plane is sunked in the runway, so i have to keep it at KGPI mode to be able to be above the runway but when I pan around the runway disappears.  I have NRM, openLC NA, and Vector - I did run the auto config vector tool already.

I have FSAeroData installed but all the 3 directories are above Orbx FTX Library etc - see pics (i am in Prepar3d 4.4)

I just got KGPI before the sale end later today on your site.

And Happy New Year 2019

Thank You

Here are the images

GX6EcnO2_o.jpg

95Dn2mOx_o.jpg

kxuJvENN_o.jpg

qFwuf8pj_o.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Nick,

None of those links truly help - there is mention of patch created in Turbulent site has that patch been transferred to OrbxDirect.  It would be very happy to see this solution fixed, I just bought this license, and will be quite disappointed if it is not fixed.  

Also, any ideas to fix when FSAerodata is installed - something to do with elevation - Turbulent site' even mentions that patch deals with Aero Sors etc (I assume that same can be applied for FSAerodata)

I just reinstalled my SIM - prepar3d v4 - with only Orbx (and NO other addons).  Doesn't get cleaner than this - Just Orbx and prepar3d 4.4.  I even created a video to see the issue.

Please see the full videos - there is an area near the runway 2 where the issues begin.  Something is wrong here.

I have NRM (all US FTX Regions), openLC Na, Global, and Vector installed.  All the settings are set to what is in the documents;

Even created a video to show the exact issue https://streamable.com/ndj78

Please see all the pics and video

RMVRt5Fk_o.jpg S6xrHhRq_o.jpg H0VTLh6a_o.jpg GgsdZn8v_o.jpg 0Xi55nIl_o.jpg GfvfWDbe_o.jpg 9IQLAcNv_o.jpg

Full Video

https://streamable.com/ndj78

Thank You

Hello,

as far as I can make out, an addon airport can exclude the default version of the same airport.

However, it cannot exclude a default version if that does not exist.

Aerodata seems to add airports that are not default and of course, the additions cannot be excluded.

Thanks Nick

But right on Turbulent site before KGPI got sold on OrbxDirect - they have this

KGPI Glacier Park International Airport v1.0.0.1

Compatibility

Fixed compatibility issue with Hervé Sors' navdata updates installed

Fixed ground poly z-fighting issues with third party camera software

I know it says Sors NavData - I bet that is similar to FSAerodata, the zfighting issues are still happening as stated in the above video.

In the above post - I have Nothing installed but Orbx and prepar3d 4.4.  No addons whatsoever.  Please check out the video

I do wish that you would not post your assumptions is if they were facts.

I posted that we could wait for a comment from the developer and already

you have assumed that nothing will be done.

This despite you yourself pointing out that as Turbulent Designs, they had successfully

addressed what you consider to be a similar problem.

Please try and be at least a little patient.

Thanks.

Just now, Nick Cooper said:

I do wish that you would not post your assumptions is if they were facts.

I posted that we could wait for a comment from the developer and already

you have assumed that nothing will be done.

This despite you yourself pointing out that as Turblent Designs, they had successfully

addressed what you consider to be a similar problem.

Please wait.

My apologies Nick, that was not my intention to write like that - 100% got lost in translation.  I fixed my post.  Yes, I will wait. 

I was just trying to post all the exact data and reducing variables which would help in diagnosing the problem.  

Thank you once again  

Hi Nick

I just bought that airport and it doesn't show in my list

90u5Hbn.jpg

I think is because I also clicked on this, as I wanted to keeo the Ai traffic:

mP04m9o.jpg

As per your explanation it seems there is no defaulft one so I'll tick the appossit and test

Regards,

Hi

Now it does show:

SH4jH8l.jpg

I don't have elevation issues but strange textures changes when change the camera views:

Here you can see the airstrip

b2E52Vm.jpg

If you change to side there is just a bunch of snow

pEJM81u.jpg

And again

TmKe6uy.jpg

Form above it does look like there is an airstrip but when you move the camera around the plane the ground texture changes. Also the Turbulent scenaries take longer to load

mZDcPDZ.jpg

I profited this topic is open for this airport but I need to open a different one for this behavior please let me know

Thank you

Carlos

Dear carlosqr and all,

I've got the same issue on RWY02 departure position, as you can also see on my pictures. It depends on the viewing angle while you are turning around the plane. or moving your head from inside the plane. Perhaps a tiny elevation problem at this side of the runway ?

All the NRM ORBX files reliable to KFCA airport are off [.../orbx] and [.../world/scenery] forlders. The P3D V4.4 graphic menu is set according to the user guide (page 14).

KFCA_MOD_ADEP4_GRJ_ALT.bgl file is present at [.../world/scenery] folder.

If adding this post can help to fix this annowing issue.

Meanwhile feedbacks, I wish you all an happy new year from France !

Joe Dygan.

2019-1-2_2-5-29-686.jpg

2019-1-2_2-5-7-689.jpg

2019-1-2_2-5-18-512.jpg

2019-1-2_2-5-24-297.jpg

Hi guys,

Apologies for not responding sooner - I only just noticed the thread.

There's two distinct and unrelated problems here. The first is the disappearing runway - this is related to how P3D and ObjectFlow display large objects. We have a solution to this and a patch should be available in the coming weeks once it's all been tested.

The second, is the apparent compatibility with FSAeroData. As this is a different package the one developed by Herge Sors, it's unlikely that the fix that is already included will have any impact on it - the fix is very specific to that product. I'm not aware of FSAD so I've no idea how it works. @Airwolf have you tried disabling the package to confirm that it is the cause of the problem?

Greg

11 hours ago, Greg Jones said:

Hi guys,

Apologies for not responding sooner - I only just noticed the thread.

There's two distinct and unrelated problems here. The first is the disappearing runway - this is related to how P3D and ObjectFlow display large objects. We have a solution to this and a patch should be available in the coming weeks once it's all been tested.

The second, is the apparent compatibility with FSAeroData. As this is a different package the one developed by Herge Sors, it's unlikely that the fix that is already included will have any impact on it - the fix is very specific to that product. I'm not aware of FSAD so I've no idea how it works. @Airwolf have you tried disabling the package to confirm that it is the cause of the problem?

Greg

Greg,

Not trying to hijack this thread but I was wondering if you could also look into the issues in the linked post below?  I worked with Matteo to fix this same issue at KSAN but he suggested I get with yall to fix it at KGPI and KIDA.  Matteo said he was able to fix KSAN by modifying a few DL files.  I have also helped other developers solve this issue if you need more info from me.  Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, tubbsds said:

Greg,

Not trying to hijack this thread but I was wondering if you could also look into the issues in the linked post below?  I worked with Matteo to fix this same issue at KSAN but he suggested I get with yall to fix it at KGPI and KIDA.  Matteo said he was able to fix KSAN by modifying a few DL files.  I have also helped other developers solve this issue if you need more info from me.  Thanks so much!

I'm going to test mine at night for you and see if I have the same issue you have. Might be of help

Did you fly in from another airport or spawn your aircraft at those airports?  I get perfect DL at both when I start my sim at each airport.  The problem only occurs when you fly into those airports from somewhere else...  This is what KSAN is doing.  I worked with Matteo who found the issue and is issuing an update soon.

20 minutes ago, tubbsds said:

Did you fly in from another airport or spawn your aircraft at those airports?  I get perfect DL at both when I start my sim at each airport.  The problem only occurs when you fly into those airports from somewhere else...  This is what KSAN is doing.  I worked with Matteo who found the issue and is issuing an update soon.

I just put the aircraft into the airport.

I'll test flying to and will revert

1 minute ago, carlosqr said:

I just put the aircraft into the airport.

I'll test flying to and will revert

Yeah if I start at the airport the DL works perfectly as well.  Once you fly in you will see what I am talking about.  Thanks for testing!

Dave

Well I flew around for a while and return to the aiport and noticed two things

01.- Frame rates, the plane seems to struggle a bit

02.- The aiport desappers very fast (as the autogen does) and when flying by the airport the aisrtrip is hardly seen

Not sure if this could be of any help for Greg to help you

Carlos,

If you start from from one of these airports, fly around and then fly back to that same airport, the DL will still work.  It is only when you start at ANOTHER (not the same) airport and fly into this airport that the issue appears.  The easiest and quickest way to test this is to start at an airport 50+ miles away and then slew to KIDA or KGPI.  Then you will see no DL upon arrival.  This is also how KSAN is currently tho they are fixing it soon.

Dave

I came here to air the same issue. Thanks to Greg for coming in! This led to me completely reinstalling, as I was not 100% sure that the issue had not been caused by the transition from P3DV4.3 to V4.4...

Looking forward to the patch. I assume it will be delivered through FTX Central now?

A

6 hours ago, Greg Jones said:

Hi guys,

This is a known issue with dynamic lighting in P3D. We've changed the way it works at KGPI and the fix will be included in the same patch as for the runway.

Greg

Thanks Greg!  What about at KIDA?

On 1/7/2019 at 8:09 PM, tubbsds said:

Carlos,

If you start from from one of these airports, fly around and then fly back to that same airport, the DL will still work.  It is only when you start at ANOTHER (not the same) airport and fly into this airport that the issue appears.  The easiest and quickest way to test this is to start at an airport 50+ miles away and then slew to KIDA or KGPI.  Then you will see no DL upon arrival.  This is also how KSAN is currently tho they are fixing it soon.

Dave

Ok noted, I'll give it a try as soon as possible. I don't fly much at night that's why I was not aware of this issue. Not sure if I suffer it but it would be good to test.

Cheers

Carlos

Hi all !

Glad to see there is only good news around this tread.

Thanks Greg for your support and evrybody for your feedback.

Concerning the dynamic lighting, I can give it a try at KIDA and KGPI too... But, as a fix is on the way ;)...

See you in the sky :D !

Au revoir !

For anyone that has updated their Navdata using this site http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html - and is having the runway elevation issue, until a patch is released if required for KGPI (ORBX) there is a workaround. (I updated Navdata for other addons - FSL A320 etc)

Simply rename this file back below to its original name. (it back revs the Navdata update for KGPI but fixes the floating runway issue)

- In ..\Scenery\0201\scenery\APX17140.bgl.ilsbckup\ - RENAME back to APX17140.bgl

I found the info that helped here - https://www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk/forum/topic/733-kgpi-terrain-issues/?page=2

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Orbx team,

I am just downloading the SODE updates... (THANK YOU :D:D:D:D:D:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I do not wish to try your patience in doing so :wub:, but I can't wait the install to figure it by myself^_^, thus I ask you this question:Does the SODE update for KIDA & KGPI sceneries includes the patch to fix the texture issues of the runway and/or dynamic lighting :rolleyes: ?

Thanks !

Au-revoir !

Guys,

I have been very polite about this issue, but it has been almost 1 month and is there any fix in the horizon for the runway issues.  I can not even enjoy this addon, I feel I just paid money for the license and can not use it at all.  

I have excited to see an update for the addon today - installed it and low and behold - same runway issues.

Feeling neglected about support on this addon.  You have to see it from my shoes.  

Thanks

Greg,

I've installed the KGPI update.  I've even uninstalled it and reinstalled it.  I get no lights at the terminal at all let alone Dynamic Lights.  Even when I unselect the Dynamic Lighting options it is pitch black at night.  If I enable all the DL options its still pitch black.  Below is what I see:

KgyoFVR.jpg

Am I doing something wrong here?  I don't see how I could be messing anything up?  Please let me know if I can provide you with any more info....

Dave

11 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Dave

Please check from the P3Dv4 in game top of screen under Options/Add-ons that ObjectFlow2 is checked enabled.

Also, please check that “Use ObjectFlow 2 in Prepar3D v4” in FTXC3 settings is checked enabled.

Hey Doug,

Unfortunately both were checked.

Dave

Archived