strange patches near Pensacola

hanss

All,

During the approach at Pensacola (KPNS)(N30.28.46 W87.11.76) I saw West of the airport some strange patches (see attached picture) as if night lighting was coming through. I have Global vector, Global and LC North Amerca installed.

What could be the cause?

Regards

Hans

strange patches near Pensacola.jpg

Hi Hans,

that's an industrial area for which your sim can't find the textures, displaying random ones instead. See my screenshot for comparison.

Moreover, the entire area shows mostly default ground textures meaning something corrupted your Global Base installation -- perhaps updating to P3D v4.4? -- and thus it should be re-installed.

Cheers, Holger

FTX openLC NA at KPNS in P3Dv44.jpg

Thank you very much Holger,

I have reinstalled Windows 10 and Prepar3D v4.3 plus all the planes and add ons. But I left the ORBX scenery untouched. That could have been the cause? Can I just re-install via FTX Central? Is there a Prepar3D v4.4 and if I install that, could I then run into the same problem? As you seen more questions, but I would like to be sure. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Hans

Hello Holger,

I tried to update Global Base with FTX Central. After that Prepar3D did not start.

I tried a few times, but in vain.

I now have installed Prepar3D v4.4. It starts, the big area of strange patches is gone. But a small area SE of the airport has come up.

I must have done something entirely wrong I guess.

Please help

Regards

Hans

Hi Holger,

Still with the same problem. I re-installed Global via FTX Central in accordance with the guidance given by Nick Cooper. But in vain. Are there any more options I could apply to solve this problem?

Regards

Hans

Hi there,

If you upgraded to P3D v4.3 or 4.4, you will need to reinstall the FTX Global Base Pack and then do the forced migration process. See the figure below.

If these pieces of disconnected textures are appearing after any updates, you will certainly also have to trigger the Force Migration function as shown in the figure below.

1160238404_ForceMigration.thumb.png.2c27434cfe7175a128d6e69c06f878df.png

Hi hanss,

So currently you have reinstalled P3Dv4.4 and installed FTX Global (and Orbxlibs) over the top?

If thats correct then the 'force migration' Traveller mentions above may be the missing link, usually it prompts you to do this fairly early on

Hello Tim,

Sorry to say, but the problem did not disappear.

I miss something, but get more and more confused.

Do I completely re-install Global, Library, Vector and trees? Do I then have to un-install them first. Un-installing is just by deleting them from the directory?

Please advice

Regards

Hans

Hi Tim,

I did all what is suggested by Elaine via you URL. I thought I had found the problem. I used the migration troubleshooter three times. The last time there were no missing files. I started the scenario and the result was to my regret exactly the same as when I brought the problem up the first time. How do I completely re-install Global Base, because I think it should solve it. When I re-install via Central it is only changing a relatively few files while I would guess it would take quite a while to do a complete new install.

Am I on the right track?

I might just ignore this problem, but I am sure I am not the only one having this and I might come up to it again in some other part of the world. I would think it should be solved.

Please help

Regards

Hans

Hi Tim and all,

I just thought I'll try again and verify Global Base via FTX Central, not the first time to-day I might add. It installed a few mb's of files. I tried the migration troubleshooter and now I have missing files again. Weird or not?

Regards

Hans

• 2 weeks later...

All,

Still having the problem of the missing files. As it is in the US area, could it not be LC North America? I haven't done a re-install on this. I'll try anyway.

Sorry to say, but this is a problem which I try to solve with your help. 

Regards

Hans

Hi hanss,

I'm still unsure what stage you are currently at, did you reinstall p3Dv4, or just update some of the components?

If you reinstalled P3Dv4 clean you would need to fully reinstall the global products... Base, Vector and OpenLC and HDtrees, if you updated some of the components you would still need to reinstall these, everything can be installed and uninstalled from within FTXcentral

@Doug Sawatzky or @Nick Cooper

Is this correct? I normally only ever clean install P3D

All,

Thank you Doug and Tim for your advice. Sorry for not being clear.  I did indeed a fresh re-install of P3D v4. I will do as you adviced and come back with the results.

Regards

Hans

All,

I did a complete re-install of all the files. Took me two days.

But the result is there. The strange patches are gone!! Thanks a lot.

I only got the announcement below after the installation had finished. I hope it is nothing serious?

Regards

Hans

Naamloos.jpg

Hi Hans

1. Something is not allowing FTXC3 to update your Objectflow config.xml file found at D:\P3D\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery

2. Ensure your UAC is turned off, and that you are running as administrator.

3. Check and\or disable your antivirus and be sure it is not being blocked.

4. Have a close look in your computers program list for any other antivirus programs that may have been installed without your knowledge.

5. Ensure your windows firewall is allowing the app.

Hi Doug,

I have checked all you suggested and added Central to be allowed via the firewall.

What do I do next. In the meantime I have run the migration troubleshooter and it says that there are no files missing.

What do I do now?

Hans

Doug,

I have both checked and they were enabled. All seems to work ok. I just made a flight and there seems nothing wrong with the scenery or anything else.

Perhaps you are right and nothing is wrong.

I'll keep a close watch.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Hans

Archived