Orbx Libraries and X-Plane

flsm (Frank)

Excuse my ignorance on this and apologies if it has been covered already.  I am relatively new to Orbx and am loving it.  I think I have most of the Orbx stuff for XP and it all looks great.  But I have not installed the Orbx freeware Libraries.  Do I need to?  Am I missing something by not having the Libraries?  (BTW, am dying for more Aussie-specific stuff!).  Cheers.

6 hours ago, flsm (Frank) said:

Excuse my ignorance on this and apologies if it has been covered already.  I am relatively new to Orbx and am loving it.  I think I have most of the Orbx stuff for XP and it all looks great.  But I have not installed the Orbx freeware Libraries.  Do I need to?  Am I missing something by not having the Libraries?  (BTW, am dying for more Aussie-specific stuff!).  Cheers.

Hi Frank, yes you need to install the freeware libraries for XP.

33 minutes ago, paulb said:

Hi Frank, yes you need to install the freeware libraries for XP.

8 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

You need the Orbx Libraries for EGHI Southampton to work properly. Currently that is the only product requiring it but I forsee it will be required probably for  upcoming Orbx releases.

Get it and install it.

Thanks guys.  I am on a Mac and there is no cross-platform version of the freeware Orbx Libraries.  My Orbx scenery looks OK without those Libraries.  For EGHI we were told to re-download because they forgot to include the libraries in the initial EGHI download.  And I vaguely recall reading somewhere that the freeware Orbx Libraries are not required for XP on Macs.  So I am a little confused.  Cheers.

There are two distinct and different libraries.

The Orbx libraries are not for X Plane 11 but for FSX and P3D.

The Orbx libraries - X - Plane11 are for X Plane 11 only.

FTX Central is required to install the libraries.

For users of Mac and Linux operating systems, FTX Central does not yet work.

The  X Plane 11 products so far available as a "cross platform"  download already include

the required library items.

In the specific case of a Mac user with only X Plane 11, the answer to the original question

I have not installed the Orbx freeware Libraries.  Do I need to?

is no.

18 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

There are two distinct and different libraries.

The Orbx libraries are not for X Plane 11 but for FSX and P3D.

The Orbx libraries - X - Plane11 are for X Plane 11 only.

FTX Central is required to install the libraries.

For users of Mac and Linux operating systems, FTX Central does not yet work.

The  X Plane 11 products so far available as a "cross platform"  download already include

the required library items.

In the specific case of a Mac user with only X Plane 11, the answer to the original question

is no.

Thanks Nick.  You could not have been any clearer.  Cheers.

Archived