PNW Xplane 11

Trustdesa

Hi Guys,

A while ago I read that PNW area (to include the dozens of Airfields available there) was being made for Xplane 11 (with a 40% discount for existing owner of the airfields), I know you generally announce project when next to completed, however I was wondering if this project is still ongoing or held off until you complete the UK? 

On 11/9/2018 at 8:47 AM, John Venema said:

Held off until we complete the UK. Expect it in the first half on 2019, possibly March April and maybe even sooner,

Great news.  Is there any estimate as to how long we will need to wait for the P3D version of TE PNW after the XP one is released?

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Do I assume correct that this means TE PNW? And do I further assume correct that airports will be ported over to XP11?

I currently use the freeware photo scenery for Washington but I am really looking forward to have the ORBX quality in XP11! And with all the airports it will be like coming home after some years abroad.

11 hours ago, John Venema said:

Yes it means TrueEarth Pacific Northwest for XP11 and P3D. We intend to port all Orbx airports across to XP11.

John, I have hundreds of great freeware airports for XP from the Org, and up to recently I thought that would do me.  But your orbx stuff is so good that they are worth paying for and I have started replacing my freeware with your stuff.  If a tight-arse like me does that, you are onto a big winner with XP!  But there is not much orbx stuff for XP yet, so great to hear lots more on the way.  Cheers.

On 12/11/2018 at 3:05 AM, flsm (Frank) said:

John, I have hundreds of great freeware airports for XP from the Org, and up to recently I thought that would do me.  But your orbx stuff is so good that they are worth paying for and I have started replacing my freeware with your stuff.  If a tight-arse like me does that, you are onto a big winner with XP!  But there is not much orbx stuff for XP yet, so great to hear lots more on the way.  Cheers.

We are talking about two different things... from the org you mostly get library only airports, these are great as they give you a very close to real representational of what you would see landing there, provided who made it bothered to do some research with pictures and videos, few are there to really RECREATE the actual airport and its buildings (also because you need to be quite proficient in 3D Modelling and Texturing).

The other point is the POI, I personally hate Ortho because they are washed out photos and there are no pois whatsoever except some landmark from the VFR LANDMARKS addon which is great but not comparable to regions. 

Better than nothing and indeed way better than P3D where all airfields are old and not even blended :) More will come I am sure... 

• 3 months later...

As an X-Plane 11and Aerofly FS2 user, I'm also very interested in the PNW region, so any update on release date will be more than welcome. I wanted to purchase the Bella Coola scenery from BetiX for Xplane 11, but actually I prefer to wait for the ORBX treatment. For me, it's a no brainer - first day purchase since both TE Great Britain for X-Plane 11 and TE Netherlands for Aerofly FS2 are THAT good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 2:20 PM, CouchPotatoDude said:

So that is a yes then?   There is no PNW coming for X11 as was the case on April 9th?

PNW for XP11 will be out in June .

Cheers

John

• 8 months later...

Bumping this thread as I'm interested as well.

If OrbX creates a TE PNW package for P3D, I'm in! Any updates to PNW TrueEarth releases for P3D, or if TE BC, or TE Alberta will be released in the near future (including XP11)?

Archived